Post-Op Patience...TT with Muscle Repair and Abdominal Lipo -Indianapolis

Beyond happy that I completed a long-awaited...

Beyond happy that I completed a long-awaited procedure on my 'To Do List'. I am 5'5" and pre-op weight was 132-135. My Dr. said he removed/cut-off 1lb of excess skin and did remove apprx. 400cc's of fat during lipo on my abdomen....which lipo was performed first.
I have 2 children; a 9 yr old son who was a vaginal birth and a 29 month old daughter born by Emerg. C-section. I had gained a great deal of weight (75lb) with my son and was able to lose that weight which thankfully did not leave me with much excess skin or Kangaroo pouch like the delivery of my daughter. I gained 65 lbs with her and it took a good 1.5 yrs to fully be back at my base weight. Even though I trimmed up and lost all the baby weight, I wasn't losing the skin that 'deflated' and was just sticking around. My only option was to have the excess skin removed and since my muscles did seperate due to diastasis recti they were repaired along with Abd. lipo for an added benefit and contouring. On March 26th 2013 the surgery was followed through and I'm not regretting my decision. The only regret I can consider is that I was unable to save enough money for a breast lift w/ implants to go along with the mini TT. I have been compliant with the Pre and Post surgery Do's & Don't's and healing has been improving daily.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I went back to work on Thurs. April 4th which was...

I went back to work on Thurs. April 4th which was 9 days post-op. My job can include lifting items heavier than 10 lbs so I did inform my boss & coworkers that for the next week or so I'll be avoiding the lifting to prevent any strain or muscle repair.

Who was your dr. I want to get a mini tuck alao
Holidaykidz, your result looks great! How was going back to work after 9 days? That's around the time I plan to go back.
Thank you...it's day 17 post-op and feeling more full in my abs then I did before surgery, so hoping I'm still retaining fluid and the swelling will go down =) I felt great going back to work especially getting out of the house, but I did notice that I was getting tired way before bedtime...lol, but that's expected even up to a month afterwards due to the healing process. Take it easy, as much as possible, and you'll be great and making that money again. =D

I had my daughter at the hospital he is affiliated with and through consultations.