Juvederm Under Eyes- Wasn't Expecting All That - Indianapolis, IN

This was a far more intensive procedure than I had...

This was a far more intensive procedure than I had expected. I got to the doctors office. The nurse put numbing cream under my eyes. I waited a while for the doctor to come in. He then told me that he was going to be putting Novocain in my mouth and using a technique similar to what the dentists do to get the Novocain up to my eye area to help numb the area. Luckily that wasn't that bad and worked very well. Then he injected a mix of lidocain and adrenaline into my under eye area that is supposed to help with bruising and recovery. It took a good 45 minutes just to get me ready to have the Juvederm injected.

The injections themselves didn't hurt much. We did .4 of a syringe in each side. He changed needles for each eye and then one more on my left side as he said the skin was a little bit thicker on that side. I did start bruising almost immediately. I'm on my second day now and the bruising and swelling is pretty bad but luckily I'm off work this week. I will keep you updated on the results as the swelling goes down.

I think I will ask for more next time. I don't...

I think I will ask for more next time. I don't think that 1 syringe was enough for the effect that I was hoping for. While it looks better than it did prior, there is still room for improvement.
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon

You look fantastic =)
I'm a practioner in the UK, and I use Belotero soft for areas where the skin is at it's thinnest. Although there may be some redness/ blanching within a few hours of treatment, you will not get the characteristic bluish 'ghosting' associated with the other temp filllers. Also, Juvederm ultra 2 has slightly greater viscosity than Belotero soft, and lasts longer - so if you get an over-fill with the juvederm - you may well be stuck with it for sometime. Not so the case with Belotero soft.
Is Belotero Soft available in the USA? If so do you know if it is widely used in USA?
Thanks very much, you have stated exactly the reasons why my DR does not want to inject my under eyes with juvederm etc..Said it could possibly make things a lot worse instead of better. For the time being he suggested Botox to crow's feet area, which I absolutely am AMAZED and THRILLED with my results =)
Be careful with Juvederm. I did it the first time under my eyes, like you, and it was awsome.

I repeat the process six months later and now I always wake up with bags under my eyes. Be careful!!
Next time try Belotero soft
My doctor did a full syringe. I'm planning on doing another at the end of next month to get a little more fullness. So yes, they can do 1 full syringe. My doctor wanted to see if 1 did the trick before adding more.
I appreciate the before and after photos. I am thinking of having this area done on Thurs but have work that night and the next two days. Pretty eyes by the way.

U LOOK GREAT!! Just wondering if a full syringe is allowed? My husband had the same thing done and half did nothing. And the doctor advised him a full syringe would b to much.

You look fantastic even with the bruising. Thanks for posting!