Reduction/lift and Augment/lift - Indianapolis, IN

I have always had asymmetrical breasts, even since...

I have always had asymmetrical breasts, even since puberty. Having 3 children and breast feeding only made matters worse. I had a 2-3 cup size difference. My right was too large and left too small. On 12-5-2012 I had corrective surgery to reduce/lift my right breast and lift/augment my left breast. I was very nervous as I have never had surgery before.

My surgery lasted around 4 hours and recovery time was around 3 but with anesthesia it felt like 1 hr to me :) The results were immediate. Lying in recovery the doctor came back and I heard him say "it already looks better," without a bra on! I've never been able to go without a bra and padding on my left side. It's amazing now, I can go without a bra!!! I feel so much more confident. They are not symmetrical and probably never will be, but they are leaps and bounds better then they ever have been. I went from old woman boobs to being in my 20s again!

My only issues with surgery was post op I was very nauseous. I am very sensitive to any kind of medicine and when taking the nausea meds, I would just throw them up as well. I went almost 12 hours before I could hold anything down-which means no pain meds. Once I stopped vomiting, I was just very tired. I slept for almost 3 days solid. Any small movement caused pain and discomfort. The third day of pain medicine I started itching very badly. Apparently this was related to taking the pain medicine. So I stopped taking them, and relied on just ibprofen. That was a mistake-pain got to be unbearable. I had to start taking pain meds again, just half at a time. So once that was under control things were going great. My nipple sensation is still not returned. My left nipple is hypersensitive and my right is numb. I can feel sensation all around on my breast but once you touch the areola or nipple, sensation is gone. I'm hoping this will change with time. I am very glad I had this procedure done. Even though things aren't perfect I would take the way they are now over the way the were any day.

Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon

After meeting with 4 different plastic surgeons with 4 different opinions I finally found a surgeon who I felt comfortable with and who shared my ideas. The others were only interested in what they thought was best, not what I wanted. Dr. Fata and his staff have been wonderfully helpful.

You look great! How long did the major pain last? I am going out of state to have mine done!
your doctor did a good job, you healed nicely!

Thanks for sharing your story on RealSelf! I'm sorry your pain got out of control, but it seems as if it was worth it. You look great! Do you have a great bra to recommend to other ladies recovering from a breast lift?