21 Year Old, No Children, Wedge Method Labiaplasty - Indianapolis, IN

This website was a wonderful resource while I was...

This website was a wonderful resource while I was researching Labiaplsty. So I figured I would document my journey through the procedure as well.
To Begin, I have always been self-conscious about my labia. I am aware that the excess protruding labia is quite normal and that everyone's vagina looks differently. However, the protruding skin always bothered me causing: embarrassment, discomfort, and a bothersome rubbing sensation. I researched the two techniques: wedge, and Trim and ultimately decided that the wedge method was far superior. (If you are considering labiplasty, I highly recommend researching both methods and talking to your Dr.) DO NOT SKIMP IF ONE DR. IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE OTHER! THIS IS YOUR VAGINA WE ARE TALKIN ABOUT!! Via this website I found Dr. Fata, one of the only surgeons in Indianapolis who can perform the wedge technique. (Several other Dr.'s performed the trim)
I had two Pre-op appointment that were scheduled efficiently through Dr. Fata's magnificent patient coordinator, Donnette. She never made me feel uncomfortable or ill at ease due to the rather personal nature of the surgery.
The day of the surgery my sister drove me to the outpatient surgery center, I arrived one hour early to fill out paper work, change into a gown and have my IV administered. ( She took off to go shopping. I never explained the details to her, just that I had a Dr. Appt I needed her to drive me home from) I was given twilight sedation, where the area was numbed with two shots and then i drifted into a peaceful awake-sleepiness. I could feel pressure and the sensation of the stitches, but absolutely no pain. I woke up from the haze, dressed and called my sister to pick me up. I felt no pain and was very comfortable until about one hour after the numbing wore off. After that I was in a fair amount of discomfort including swelling, light bleeding, and pain. I took 800 milligrams of ibuprofen and laid down with an ice pack. Dr. Fata recommends getting up every ten minutes to walk to decrease the risk of blood clots.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, I am glad you are happy with your results :).
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon