Upper and Lower Blefaroplasty W/ Forehead and Cheek Lift

I just had upper and lower eyelid surgery 2 weeks...

I just had upper and lower eyelid surgery 2 weeks ago along with forehead and cheek lift.

I would describe the pain for everything as obnoxiously uncomfortable so far. The bottom eye sutures dissolved, but the top had to be removed 8 days after surgery and there were long sutures that had to be pulled out. Wow, I about went flying out of the chair...ouch. So far they feel super tight and I'm really worried about the scar on one eye which is still red and swollen, but hoping it will fade soon. I couldn't see clearly for the first week because of all the gunk that you have to use around and in your eyes.

This past week has been really tough. Thank goodness I don't have to go back to work next week because I'm definitely not ready. I don't feel ready to wear eye makeup yet because the scars are still so red and new. I'm not trying to scare anyone, just sharing my experience so far.

I visit the doc again next week for more sutures out around my ears...ugh! Now is when I wish time would fly so I can speed up the healing process. I'll give you an update next week.

Week 3 after surgery and my eyes are starting to...

Week 3 after surgery and my eyes are starting to look better.  The Doc told me that I will still have redness around the incisions for another couple of months.  Ugh!  One eye is still very irritated and feels like there is a piece of sand in it.

If you have this surgery, don't expect to heal fast.  It's definitely a SLOW process.  But, I'm optimistic.