how lng do you need to really wear compression spankys? - Carmel, IN

After i had my belly tuck i could sleep in my bed...

after i had my belly tuck i could sleep in my bed flat but did use pillows under my kness to take away some pressure. i had to get certain kind of pain meds cause most make me vomit, and i sure didnt want to do that and tear stitches. im at 5 weeks. i went back to work after a week and couldnt stay all day for the firsrt three days but after that i was good for work. i was just wondering how long i really need to wear compression spankys? i am finally back into my jeans yeah!!!! i would definately do it again. my dr did not use draining tubes, and thats one of the things i looked for when looking for the right dr.

he listen to what i wanted done before recommending to me what he thought i needed and we agreed. i liked the fact i did not have to have draing tubes. he was very understanding and found the right pain meds for me before surgery. my nurse that comes in with dr always is available for my phone calls and answers all my concerns. i liked the fact that i could sleep in my own bed wiht just a little discomfort.

Congratulations on your great results!

Have you checked with your doctor or her/his nurse on this? They should be able to tell you. It'd be great if you'd provide your doctor name, especially since you had a good experience. That way others in your area will be able to find the same doc when looking for tummy tuck surgeons.

Congrats on getting into your jeans!!

Hi Markleville,

I am of no help to you cause I haven't had surgery yet, just wanted to be nosey and ask who your doctor was. My doctor is John Aker and he is out of Carmel, IN. You are the first person I have seen here with a doctor from Carmel. My doctor also offers no drains. How did that work for you? Just looking for a little bit of insight on that issue. Thanks for any info you have! :)
Anyhoo, hope you are healing well!
I was told by my doctor i'll have to wear my Compression binder for 4-6 weeks after surgery. Tomorrow i'm 2 weeks Post op and prefer to wear my binder as it's easier to breathe?

I liked having the drains in as i wouldn't have wanted any fluid build up but they were annoying and glad on day 10 when they came out.

I'm going back to work in 2 days and hoping i don't get too tired. I have been wearing my (Loose) Jeans since day 8 so hoping in 2-3 weeks i'll be wearing my tighter jeans.