I Hate ALL This DRAINAGE - Indiana

I had my TT on May 3rd and I still have one of my...

I had my TT on May 3rd and I still have one of my drains in. I got the other one pulled at one week post op. It is so frustrating that I am still draining anywhere from 40-60cc's a day. Any idea on why this is still going on and how I could get it to slow down or stop???? Please help me! Any information or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Alina Sholar

Have to say one more thing- my hubby told me- "think of the drains as your friends- helping you get rid of the fluid. It's keeping you away from your enemy- the SEROMA!" Gee- thanks, dear!
When my 2nd drain came out, the PS said if I retained fluid, he would have to syringe it out...believe me, I looked at my new belly a LOT, looking for fluid- LOL. Hang in there, it will let up.

Here is a link with some helpful information from some of the doctors on the site.

Thanks, Kimmers! Appreciate the links. All the info helps!
Oh...... I know!! Annoying and very much a nuisance!! I still have one drain and my full TT was May 12th, I know not as long as yours, but I understand completely. Mine is draining 50+ a day, and he won't take it out till its 30 cc. or less for 2 consecutive days in a row. Hang in there- I've gotten very creative where I've been hiding them. Works really well up inside my bra- sort of like I had a lift! :)
I feel your pain. I had my drains in forever. So long that one actually came out itself. I was still draining like 45 a day on each drain. The day after I had to remove the one myself my doc took the other one out. A week later I had to areas that started to get red, right above my drain spots. Doc put me on meds and they started to drain themselves. Yes, it was really weird, not my drain sites draining but 2 other spots. All is cleared up now, your body can absorb the drainage. They are annoying.
Good luck and keep us posted
Listen, I had my full TT 4/27 and just got the second drain out this Thursday. Yes, a whole month and it was awful. All I can say is your body does what it does. It is better draining outside of your body than in, the last thing you want is a seroma to be drained later at the E.R. If I were you, I would drink plenty of water, watch my salt intake, and take it easy for the weekend. Call your doc as soon as it is 25cc/24hr or less and demand they pull the damn thing out! Hang in there. Good luck.