Just Getting Started! - Indiana, IN

I started Invisalign on 10/17/12. I'm doing the...

I started Invisalign on 10/17/12. I'm doing the express pack, so I only have to do 10 trays (20 weeks of treatment). I have some crowding on the bottom and one of my top front teeth is crooked.

I only had a little bit of discomfort for the first few days. I've been wearing tray 1 for a little over a week now. The only issue I have is that the tray is digging into my gums on one tooth, so it hurts when I brush that tooth. I'm going to ask my dentist to see if she can file it down a little when I go back next week.

I've already felt some changes. When I take the trays out when I eat, I can tell my teeth line up a little differently. I can't see a difference yet.

I keep my trays in for 22 hours/day. Usually I only have them out for around an hour/day. It's more difficult when I'm eating out because I have to either take them out before I order or wait until the food is delivered to my table. I brush, floss, and rinse with mouthwash and clean out my trays (with toothpaste and my toothbrush) after every meal. I've cut down on snacking considerably because it's just not worth all the hassle!

I will keep you guys updated and I might post pictures if I can figure out how. :)

I'm ony rating a 4 because I haven't been all the way through treatment yet! So far, so good.