Laser Hair Removal is Effective but Not As Much As I Would've Wanted - India

Pros:some reduction in hair,softer hair(i...

Pros:some reduction in hair,softer hair(i think)
Cons:clinic does not care about hair growth between two treatments

Why i did it...
believe me when i say i must be among the 20 hairiest women on earth.i do not exaggerate.let me explain.my mother's side was unbelievably hairy,so obviously i couldn't have escaped the curse.But among all my female relatives from my mother's side i was the worst affected as i consumed medicines by the dozen due to an epileptic fit as a 7th grader and clinical depression in the 3rd year of graduation.during my second year of graduation i started aldactone(for excessive insulin,the cause of all my misery),lost about 8 kilograms of weight,then stopped aldactone as had to start anti-depression medicines.gained 20 kilograms,lost about 9 kilos again.result?deep stretch marks allover the body,and more unwanted hair than ever before :)

after studies i joined a news channel so was on-air often and required make up almost everyday.felt extremely embarrassed.hence,decided to go for the treatment.

now my parents are in Complete Denial about the extremity of my situation.after So Many treatments for other ailments already,they seemed tired of my tirades.so they said,'alright.let's go for the facial hair first.for the rest of the body,let's buy you a full body veil,okay?'heck,i even tried to explain i am quite sure i have PCOS and should get myself checked for it but they effectively shut me up.

The treatment...
i consulted 2 clinics.one offered very cheap treatment but looked a little shady.the other was much more expensive but was cleaner,had 'qualified' doctors and receptive staff.i opted for the later and signed up for the facial(upper lip,side burns and chin)program.

1st treatment:they took me to a room,asked me to lie down,cleaned my (v.v.oily)face with astringent,shaved the hair,applied a cooling gel and started the treatment.A marker-like thing was moved across the affected areas,sending tiny 'shocks',if i may say.the entire procedure was over within a half hour.

result?almost no hair for the first week.was elated.it came back,gradually,and almost as thick as before.

2nd treatment:same procedure repeated.
result?much the same,only this time,hair seemed to regrow faster

3rd treatment:same procedure repeated.
result?was terrified as had to shave quicker than earlier

4th treatment:changed the machine,same procedure repeated.
result?finer hair,reduction of up to 50%,according to my mom who used to thread my hair earlier.

my next treatment is in march.now,when i touch my chin hair,it appears softer and less dense.my side locks too are a bit softer.really can't assess upper lip as got them threaded before they could grow fully(that is,before the treatment started)

my technician's advice to me is not to shave or bleach for at least one month before a sitting.otherwise,bleaching can be accompanied with 'trimming'.

i have 4 sittings left.even with 50% less hair,i get stares all the time.the salon lady who threads my eyebrows still keeps telling me i need to get chin,upper lips,etc done too.and of course,my legs,thighs,underarms,back,chest, stomach,butt and butt crack are abnormally hairy.

the silver lining?i live in India and think i am luckier than most people who are dying of poverty/malnutrition/female foeticide/cancer/progeria/malaria/diarrhoea/TB...

god bless us all.

kaya clinic

they smile,take money,smile when you go for the treatment,etc.But they seem extremely reluctant about touch up sessions,etc

I have had problems of having very hairy side locks. It looked very bad. I went to InstaSculpt Clinic for Laser Hair Removal. It was pretty good. At least all the coarse hair is gone and I don't look like the bearded lady anymore. Now the hair that is growing is light and is almost not seen.
Hi Deeksha,

If you say that you would be one of 20 most hairy women, then I would say if you are 20th then I would surely be at least 19th.
I bet, I have never seen a lady having more hair than I do.

Well....I started with procedure 4 weeks back and my doc asks me to come in 2 weeks.

After first week, my hair also grew fast. The most embarassing thing is hair between 2 sessions.
I simply dont know what to do with them.
I go to office and imagine after a shave hair coming back so soon, so hard and I keep them for 2 weeks.
I have not even started seeing significant difference.

Could you tell me what do u do to your hair if they are back between 2 sessions? Do u trim them ?
Also, it would be good to know which part of India you are in and in which clinic/parlor u r getting treated!!!
Hi Deeksha, I also face the same issue as like yours. I do stay in India. I had 5 sittings 5and 1/2 years back for my chin and upperlips. But that did not give me any result. Now also i face the same problem. Can you let me know the clinic in which u had the treatment? can we get in touch with each other and share our views and knowledge. catch me at roopa dot ananth at gmail dot com. thanks