Reshaping my Curves..Regaining my Confidence!!! - India, IN

Hi, i just wish to pen down my journey of...

hi, i just wish to pen down my journey of rediscovering my lost confidence n beauty..after 17 yrs of marriage and two grown up boys..life had taken a slow pace i had lot of time for myself but i felt a vacuum..there was something i had lost in the race of bringing up children and taking care of family and work..
My younger son looked at me n called me wobbly mommy.i wud smile but it pinched me somewhere..i worked out in the gym tried various diets..yet my sagging tummy was not willing to part with me..i had earned it after two c sections..
This was the time when i wished a miracle could happen and i could get back my shape..and i started considering a tummy tuck
I wanted to get this procedure done in india and began to research and shortlisted a few doctors in Mumbai..
After a series of emails phone calls and chat sessions i finalised on Dr Sameer A. Karkhanis..well qualified very patient and an expert at his work.
i chose him because he had many positive reviews left by patients on many websites and also he said i could stay in the hospital till i did not feel confident of doing things on my own as i was all alone in mumbai with no friends and family for post op care
the hospital was small but once i stepped in my room ..it gave me a very homely atmosphere..and after meeting the doctor.i was confident that i had put myself in right hands..and i also decided on breast lift that was not on my agenda initially. He had all answers to my doubts and questions..
On the big day .i walked through the O.T.and slept for 4 hours..woke up with around 4000 cc less fat and 1.5 kgs less of loose skin
, Discomfort, swelling, drains and unbearable pain in arms (lipo in arms was the most painful) amidst all this i questioned myself why did i do this to myself...but then i touched my flat stomach and a tear rolled down..i said to myself it was worth...the pain.
post operative care was excellent
breat lifted and stomach flat..pain and swelling were subsiding evry passing day..i was walking the next day..and once my drains were out i was like a butterfly..
pressure garments irritated me initially but now i feel very comfortable with them..my scar looks clean and neat..umbilicus looks like how it was when i was 17 years old.
the doctor also arranged an in house therapist who massaged me to rule out any lymph collections under the skin..
8 days post operation i was discovering the city watched a movie and even went shopping all by myself..
i chose to stay in the hospital for 14 days as i had given a deadline to myself to heal and that was 15 days.
I also attended a social function and had people complimenting me on my curves..!!
I flew back to my husband and kids after 19 days of my surgery ...all by myself and independent..I am thankful to God he helped me find Dr Sameer..and i have a small message to convey to him through real self.." U R MY SCULPTOR...AND I FEEL BLESSED TO BE SCULPTED BY YOU"..so is my real self id..sculpted..
cheers

post op pictures..

hey jus wish to update my post op pictures..its been 8 weeks and m enjoying the compliments and my new wardrobe..
although there is numbness near the scar and the lower abdomen..i have started to jog n exercise lightly..and watching my diet as well.
looking forward to shedding a few more kilos to get to my target size uk 8..
India Plastic Surgeon

Dr Sameer Karkhanis..an expert at his work..very patient..and always smiling! ..Half my pain would vanish when he used to cheer me up every day on his rounds. He had answers to all my questions and clarifications to all my doubts.. very professional .. He has a wonderful team and excellent patient coordinators.. The staff is hard working and very polite.. They managed my mood swings like my mom would have done..i miss them already and plan to go back for a chin job soon....

Thank you SO much for posting your story! I am in the US and as soon as I lose this extra weight, I, too, will be on my way to Dr Sameer and staff! Congratulations on your new life!
i am already planning a chin job there..... all the best to u cruiser 42..
all the best to u.. good luck

What a wonderful story, thank you so much for sharing! I got a chill when you said "but then i touched my flat stomach and a tear rolled down..i said to myself it was worth...the pain" I am so happy for you!!! Bet you look and feel like a million bucks!

i indeed feel like a butterfly who has come out of the cocoon..n flying with vibrant colours...swelling is almost gone..n ill post my post op pictures very soon. thanks

Thanks!!