Painfully Disappointed - Northbrook, IL

Three procedures done and it still is not right....

Three procedures done and it still is not right. This doctor finally agreed to make the proper revisions with the only cost to me being the anathesia. The day before my scheduled surgery I received a phone call from the anethesiologists, stating he and the doctor had cancelled the surgery because they had concerns about my age. It was not a concern when I was paying the full fee. I was not only physically but emotionally devastated by their unprofessional behavior.

I started out with lipo which was a failure and was talked into a lower body lift. The LBL did not address the problem of loose skin on the inner thigh and the back of the knee,so once again I trusted this doctor to do a "THIGH LIFT". I have been left with huge lump just above the hip bone on the left side. This was to be part of the revision that never took place. Not only is it unsightly, but it is excruciatingly painful.

I am in a quandry as to what I should do as I have been living with this for five years now. I no longer have any respect for this surgeon. I am now in pursuit of the right kind of surgeon to correct the constant leg pain I was left with. I also developed spider veins which I did not have before these surgeries. PAIN AND SPIDER VEINS, definitely not worth it!

Bensmother, I am 57 and just had medial/vertical thigh lift. With reasonable health, your age shouldn't be a problem !!!!!
Wow I am SO SO worry to hear about your troubles do have any pictures you can post?

Hi Bensmother,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience wasn't a positive one. Have you been able to speak to your surgeon at all since the anethesiologist called you? Have you spoken to any other doctors yet?

Good luck and keep us informed.

Kirsty

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

I was 54 when I started the procedures and there was no age issue then. I am just as healthy now. As far as the payment, it is paid in full up front before surgery. There was no process involed. If you are not paid up, you are not operated on.