Welll... I Did It! - Illinois

I just got home from my rhinoplasty and I feel...

I just got home from my rhinoplasty and I feel really good actually. I had my very wide nose narrowed, my tip shorten (it hung a lot at the tip) and it was raised.

I arrived at 7:30 the nurse took my vitals and started an I.V. Then I met with the anesthesiologist to talk about the sedation I was to receive and gave me a medication to dry up secretions and I told him that I would prefer to be very mildly sedated so I was able to know what was going on. Then finally my surgeon met with me to see if I had any last minute questions, which I did not. Then I was taken in the OR where I was given versed, zofran,a medication for pain, and propofol. Then I drifted off to sleep, during the procedure I slept on and off. While my PS was suturing my nose I was very conscious, but did not feel any pain and was able to follow his commands. After I was taken into recovery where the nurse gave me ice pack for my very swollen eyes and continued to monitor my vitals ( my pulse ox dropped to the high 80s, but other than that mild ting,I was stable. After about 2o minutes I was able to go home.

I feel really good, got home about 20 minutes ago, I am kind of nervous about this and hope I feel okay during the rest of my recovery period. My face is very swollen, but I think my nose looks a bit shorten (maybe this is wishful thinking). I get my splint off on Wed, I am very nervous about the results. I put undecided since I am not sure yet, but praying for an amazing result. Overall, my experience was good, the staff was great!

I got my splint off and my nose looks amazing!!...

I got my splint off and my nose looks amazing!! Its a little swollen on one side but other than that I couldn't be happier. E-mail me and I'll be happy to give you the name of my doctor and ill post pics once I get them up.