Painful, Still Swollen, and Scabby and Pink

I was told by my dermatologist and spa that this...

I was told by my dermatologist and spa that this procedure would assist the year of Obagi I did.I was told it was an easy, no downtime procedure. I was misled.

I rescheduled my appt. several times because I was nervous. I had been on vacation the week before, but had been out of the sun four or five days before the procedure. I stopped my Retina A and other products four days before as I was told to do. My melasma spots had popped out a bit over vacation even though I use 60 on my face. No one at the office told me I could not be in the sun--every website I have researched since is clear about that being important. I feel misled by the office and stupid for not doing better research.

The procedure hurt. My face was on fire for a few hours after. I got four machine shaped puffy shapes on my forehead that popped out about an hour after; my cheeks were just brown and scaly.

Anyone who says there is no down time is crazy. I look horrible. The spots are impossible to cover with makeup. My right forehead marks are the worst. I believe I was burned there. I have used special creams, aloe, neosporin, aquaphor, and sunscreen to try to protect the areas, especially the forehead. The worst spot's scabs/flakes on my forehead have come off mostly. It is light and pink underneath there and on my forehead. It looks like I have a pigmentation problem. I am still puffy above my eyebrow where I believe I was burned and I don't know if that is normal.

The cheeks have seemed to flake slowly. It has now been about five days and I am just praying that the flakes, swelling, and light spots even out in the next few days or week.

If I could do it all over again, I would not have done it. I feel I was misled about the ease of the procedure and I am very worried about potential scarring, pigmentation problems, and the swelling above my eye on my forehead.

I will never do this again. Any doctor's or patient's feedback would be very helpful.

The flakes are very normal. Not sure what you mean by scabs, more flat dry burnt looking skin? Yes, that's ok too. Sounds like they were thorough. I'm wondering how ur doing now.... By now, you should know how the procedure went. The flaking should be as natural as possible. Stay away from creams and no neosporan, you WANT your skin to slough off. Wear sunblock, sunscreen is nit enough. The pink that is showing, is from the skin coming off too soon. Try not to pick at it, that may scar. The pink skin is super sensitive to the sun. STAY OUT of the sun. The swelling happens to some not all. Red, heat, and burning is normal. I hope this helps. It does sound like they tried to get everything the first time. I hope you're ok, and not scarred.

HI skin,

I'm so sorry you feel mislead. That is usually one of the many complaints in the community is people were not given full info and told that it would be an "in and out" procedure. Let us know what you do next and if you go see anyone else.

Thanks so much!

-Britt

I feel misled about the ease of the procedure. I feel that the office should warn patients who do this in the summer about postponing appointments. Maybe I didn't ask enough questions, but I feel I didn't get the whole story and they wanted to sell me the procedure.