Botox and Juvederm -- You Have to Go to the Right Doctor! - Hoffman Estates, IL

Had botox (forehead and eyes) and juvederm (tear...

Had botox (forehead and eyes) and juvederm (tear troughs, bridge of nose, lips and marionette lines) at well-qualified doctor's office and am delighted at results. Cost included multiple vials of each -- not sure how much, but the price is more than fair.

Last time I had botox (a year ago), went to an OB-GYN who was "branching out" into cosmetic procedures. She ended up using way too much, and in the wrong places. One of my eyes drooped for months, and there was little cosmetic improvement.

My new doctor does only cosmetic procedures, and is not a "dabbler." He was one of the first doctors to use botox, and now actually teaches other doctors how to use injectables. His experience and training is invaluable and I would never go back to anyone else.

Moral of the story: Do not pick your doctor by location or price, as cheap and convenient is fine for bread and milk, but not your face!

Hi Xanth,

Yes, unfortunately you learned the very same lesson many other community members have about doctors who "dabble." I'm glad it turned out well otherwise though and you found a great doctor. How long had you been thinking about Juvederm before you decided to go for it and do you have pictures?

Thanks,

-Britt

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Doctor's qualifications speak for themselves. His office is professional and friendly, and make you feel welcome every time you go there. Dr. Bushnick is cautious and cares about his patients, and will be honest about what a patient can and should do. I have been to more than a few doctors for cosmetic reasons, some who specialize in cosmetic procedures, and some who don't. Of all of those doctors, I am glad I found this one and wouldn't go anywhere else.