Sometimes Nervous, Sometimes Excited!!! - Illinois, IL

I always thought that one day I will have a FL but...

I always thought that one day I will have a FL but I didn't know when. After trying many, many, many EXPENSIVE creams I decided that was enough! . The creams were not going to take care of my jowls and neck. So I decided to look for a PS and I found one who make me feel comfortable. After I found the PS and made the app. for an evaluation I mentioned to my husband that I would love to have a FL because I don’t feel happy with my appearance and He replied: go for it! Wow! I didn't think that was going to be so easy Lol!( LOVE him) I am petite, size 2 , and soon I will be 55! my PS said that my body doesn't match with my face. Should I take that as a complement? LOL! Well the countdown start today. Just started to take the vitamins that the doctor gave me and follow his instructions. Waiting for January 31st sometimes nervous and sometimes excited :)

I was so close!!!

I was so close for my surgery day (January 31st) Had all my prescriptions, tests, vitamins etc. etc even my hubby already asked for 2weeks vacation to take care of me :) Then I received a call from his boss letting me know that my husband had a very bad accident at work. Now here I am in ICU worried about him :( The first thing he said when he saw me was "sorry" , how sweet, He knew I wanted my surgery so bad. But it's OK. that can wait, the most important thing right now is that my husband gets better. Good luck to all of you who are having surgery and the ones who already had it I wish you a smooth recovery :)

Here we go again!

I am just 11 days for my surgery day! I was scheduled the first time for January 31st, but just 8 days before,my hubby had an accident and I had to postpone :( He is not 100% well, but he will be able to take care of me and our son. Last Friday I started to take my vitamins AM and PM and 3 days before surgery I will start with Bromelain. So far I like the way the PS is taking care of every little detail, I'm scheduled for a pre-operative facial at his SPA on September 9, He wants my skin thoroughly clean and hydrated . Last night couldn't sleep well I'm starting to get sometimes nervous, sometimes excited!

ONE MORE DAY!

Two days ago I started taking Bromelain and today I just took one capsule of pre-op SINECCH. Just left the Dr. Office, the nurse gave my husband the post surgical instructions today so tomorrow he doesn't have to worry about absorbing all the instructions. I trust my Dr. But I'm feeling very nervous! Prayers will be appreciated :) My surgery will start at 9:00 am and hopefully finish by 2:00pm.

I DID IT!

I got my surgery on September 12! My dear husband drove me, I wasn't nervous at all, just excited, the nurse gave me a pretty and soft rope, slippers, a cute kind of silk bikini, she said no catheter because they don't want to risk infection. The doctor came and took a picture with me shaking hands Lol! After he market my face I went to the operating room and all I remember is I was getting into my car. The first night I couldn't sleep well because the dressing! I kept asking my husband for the time, I couldn't wait for the next day to have the dressing removed, my eyes were completely shut down I couldn't see anything! Poor my husband he had to do everything for me :) that night I felt something crawling on my head, .I thought I was bleeding! But I guess I am healing :) the next day the doctor removed the dressing and the nurse shampooed and conditioned my hair, That felt good! My eyes are completely. Open, the black bruises are turning purple, I'm swollen which is normal, having.more appetite today, I bought a lot of frozen fruits especially pineapple so I can have smoothies for lunch and soups for dinner, the hardest part is keeping up with the medications, luckily my hubby made a log and he is in charge. Tomorrow I will see the Doctor but right now I feel like ants are all over my head!

A little hard to keep up with all the medications!

I can't see the stitches!

I went for my second appointment today, the doctor said I'm looking great (knock on wood)on Wednesday my hubby will start applying an antibiotic ointment that the doctor gave us , twice a day on my stitches. I am trying to post a picture. So far I think he did a good job, let's see..

My. second appointment today

4th day

I don't feel well this morning, I feel like I am having a tooth ache but it's not my tooth, I think it is my chin implant. My jaw is hurting and I can not open my mouth too wide. Does someone experience this kind of pain with a chin implant?

ONE WEEK TODAY!

I can believe it! One week already! This morning went for my 4th follow up, I had some staples removed, didn't hurt at all! One of the nurses cleaned my face and ears really good and later washed my hair again (I had my hair washed the next day after surgery when the dressings were removed) doctor said I'm doing really well, swelling is going down quickly, bruises still there but fading. I am wearing a headband around my chin because is still swollen My next appointment is scheduled for Tuesday when the rest of staples and stitches will be removed. Feeling great so far, but prayers still welcome to heal completely without complications :)

Not yet

Hi Laly59, I didn't see your PS name. Can you let us know? Thanks.
I didn't posted yet because I want to wait a little longer to see the results. It is just a week from surgery and I don't want to rush on my reviews. So far I will give him 5 stars for after care. I am sending you a message ☺
Wow, congrats on making through your first week post-surgery! (that really did seem to go by fast!) Very glad to hear you are doing so well, and will still keep you in my thoughts and prayers! (little things come up here and there, but I know you'll do great!) :D
Awww, thank you fallenb, you are so sweet! ☺
laly, I hope you're feeling better since your last post with the jaw pain. Does Tylenol do a good job managing the pain? Take care...
Yes, winky52, Tylenol took care of the pain right away, no more pain since then :) Thank you for asking, I can't believe it, tomorrow will be ONE WEEK since my surgery! Hugs
Laly, Will you share your surgeon's name...either here or pm me.
Do you think the pain medication is not working as well? I would call the doc, just in case of a small infection.. I could not open my mouth for like a week, though, even without an implant. But, yes, call the doc just in case. Best wishes!
Actually I wasn't prescribed pain medication just Tylenol. I took it and I felt much better. The Doctor said I shouldn't feel any pain and He is right! Just this annoying discomfort. You are right I can't open my mouth to much. I will call his office. Thank you :)
Congrats on your surgery Laly! So nice to read your update, and your husband sounds so caring. :D
Thanks! He took me for my second appointment today, I feel good! Bruises and swollen as normal I hope I can get the results I want :)
Hi Laly, How did the surgery go? The worst part is over!!!!! Now it's time to drink lots of water, take all your meds and rest, rest, rest :)
Hi joanneinflorida,.the surgery was great! They put me compression socks to avoid. Blood clot. And.also.a cute bikini underwater because no catheter to avoid infection, I don't know what I could have done without my husband! He has to make a log to keep up with all the medications! Today the Dr removed the dressing and the nurse shampooed and conditioned my hair, felt so good! Now the recovery phase!
my husband made a log for the meds too...lol. I'm so happy that this is has been a positive experience for you.
Thanks you ☺
I was nervous and second guessed myself the day before my fl too, it's normal. My husband was my care giver for the first 5 days, don't know what I would have done without him. Are you getting anything else done in addition to the fl?I wish you all the best. {{{ hugs }}}
I was thinking to cancel my surgery, but the nurse assured us that everything is going to be OK. She will put in the IV pain medication and antibiotics (I'm going to take antibiotics too) also I will wear stockings during surgery( to avoid blood clot) and I will remove them the next day. All that info made me feel much better. I will have FL, Neck, Brow lift and chin implant :)
I had a fl, neck lift, coronal brow lift, upper and lower bleph and active fx laser. I had twilight sedation which I thought was great. No catheter, no nausea, no tube down throat. I'm sure you're in good hands and you'll be thrilled with the results :)
Hey, Joanne....I thought they always used a catheter in surgery, even IV, that went more than 4-5 + hrs in length. Pretty sure yours went past the 4 hr mark. Btw...what did you think of Steiger? Guess not enough to choose him but were you impressed/comfortable with him? grace
My surgery lasted about 5 hrs., they used twilight sedation which they also use for a colonoscopy, no catheter. Steiger is nice but I think he's too young, no enough experience.
Hi Joanne & Grace, I used Dr. Steiger last December and I was more than impressed with him. Professional, courteous and goes out of his way to make you happy with your results. I've been to Dr. P in Boca and I would not use him if he paid ME!! I cannot say enough about Dr. Steiger, it's been 9 months and I am 100% pleased with my deep plane face lift and chin implant. So happy you're happy, Joanne but I definitely beg to differ with your comment about Dr. Steiger. PS I don't work for him!! Mary in Boynton Beach
Mary, when selecting a surgeon you have to go with the one you feel more comfortable with and for me it was Dr. Westine. I never said that Dr. Steiger wasn't qualified, I just wanted someone who had performed more fl's. I went with my gut feeling.
My surgery was yesterday the nurse told me they don't use catheter for risk of infection, she.gave me a cute silk bikini underwear disposable. They took care of every little detail!
No worries, Joanne! Basically I was saying he was an amazing surgeon regardless of his age and I know that there are so many surgeons out there with lots more experience and much older who do not have as good as a result and such a wonderful personality and how he wants you to be happy. Obviously the main thing for anyone and of course you and I are that we are happy with our results and the fact that we look amazing!
If I hadn't met someone who had a fl with Westine I probably would have gone with Steiger. :)