Sometimes Nervous, Sometimes Excited!!! - Illinois, IL

I always thought that one day I will have a FL but...

I always thought that one day I will have a FL but I didn't know when. After trying many, many, many EXPENSIVE creams I decided that was enough! . The creams were not going to take care of my jowls and neck. So I decided to look for a PS and I found one who make me feel comfortable. After I found the PS and made the app. for an evaluation I mentioned to my husband that I would love to have a FL because I don’t feel happy with my appearance and He replied: go for it! Wow! I didn't think that was going to be so easy Lol!( LOVE him) I am petite, size 2 , and soon I will be 55! my PS said that my body doesn't match with my face. Should I take that as a complement? LOL! Well the countdown start today. Just started to take the vitamins that the doctor gave me and follow his instructions. Waiting for January 31st sometimes nervous and sometimes excited :)

I was so close!!!

I was so close for my surgery day (January 31st) Had all my prescriptions, tests, vitamins etc. etc even my hubby already asked for 2weeks vacation to take care of me :) Then I received a call from his boss letting me know that my husband had a very bad accident at work. Now here I am in ICU worried about him :( The first thing he said when he saw me was "sorry" , how sweet, He knew I wanted my surgery so bad. But it's OK. that can wait, the most important thing right now is that my husband gets better. Good luck to all of you who are having surgery and the ones who already had it I wish you a smooth recovery :)

Not yet

I'm so sorry about your husband and that you had to postpone your surgery. My sister fell and fractured two vertebrae, her jaw and knocked out her front five teeth. I was her nurse for a while. It's good he has you during his recovery process. Prayers for y'all.
Sending healing prayers to you both.
Laly, I'm so sorry about your husband and sending prayers for fast healing to him. We will be here when you move forward with FL, this is such a supportive group. All the best to you both!
Wishing you all the best after this long wait. Good luck!!
I'm so sorry you have to postpone your surgery! I'm sure that's a big disappointment. But your husband sounds like a sweetie and I'm sure you'll be able to do this some time soon. I truly hope he heals soon. Is he in a lot of pain?
Oh yes! He has 2 vertebraes fractured and 3 dislocated discs. Is going to take a few months to heal. Thank you .
Oh laly, I'm so sorry and hope the best for your husband. Are you sure he won't be ok by the 31st? I wish you both the best and for a speedy recovery for him and a bright new surgery day for you!
Thank you SoFloridaMary, He has 3 fractured vertebraes and 3 dislocated discs. The Doctor at the emergency room said He is lucky to be alive. It is going to be a long recovery :(
Oh wow, then your main focus is for him of course! Good luck & your day will come & it will even be more worth it because he will be ready to nurse you!! All my best to both of you.
Thank you so much, SoFloridaMary.
Awesome! You will have so many ups and downs or at least i did. I am one month post op and i am happy yet still look in the mirror and think I look strange or fake or puffy and then i look again and I am going WOW I look great. Just stay positive and know that your emotions will be a roller coaster for awhile. Congratulations!!
I will do that! Thank you :) actually my main concern was the sedation, I want to wake up! Lol! (I know I'm silly)my EKG came abnormal :( so I went to a Cardio to have another one and this came OK, but I requested a stress test and I had done last Thursday, the doctor said everything is fine and She clear me for surgery :) I will try to stay positive. Thank you :)
I hope you have done your research & talked to many women about having a facelift. I had my lower facelift & necklift 9 days ago & I don't think I was as informed about what to expect as I thought I was.
Well, to be honest I didn't talk with anybody that had a FL but I read a lot. I expect bruises , swollen face, neck, chin ,numbness etc. etc. Yesterday I started with my AM and PM clinical support and 3 days prior to surgery I will start with Bromelain. My doctor gave me a binder with every little detail about what to avoid and what to take to optimize my recovery. How are you doing? I hope your recovery is going smooth :)