getting really depressed - Idaho, ID

I am really unsure of what I should do. Because I...

I am really unsure of what I should do. Because I am sixteen, I want to wait till I am mature and ready for it. I want to be in the right state of mind before I make my desicion. I want to wait to love my nose. Since I am Samoan it is really big from the side and front. But if you guys can please suggest really good doctors that will pay under 6000.

Well i still havent been sure what i should, i...

Well i still havent been sure what i should, i mean i love my nose, but i when i do side mirror and look at the side its like, whoa thats a big honker there, is that what people see?!? SO im still unsure considering im only sixteen and maybe i should wait till my nose grows a little more...But just wanted your guys' opinions on what i should do.
HERE IS ANOTHER PIC THAT I UPDATED AND I WANT MY NOSE TO LOOK LIKE THIS...

Thinking about going to Mexico for the surgery is...

Thinking about going to Mexico for the surgery is it safe?

Im 17 now and im dying for a nose job and really...

Im 17 now and im dying for a nose job and really have low self esteem I never see myself pretty at all, just ugly, I've never had a boyfriend either and im 17! I really want to get it done in Mexico

uhh... not yet

I'm getting mine done July 28th, Good luck and just remember always feel good about yourself no matter what ! don't get a 2,500$ nose job ! Unless you want a REALLY BAD JOB DONE. Nose jobs are not to be taken as a joke, or to be cheap on ! Go to a real professional you'll pay about 9,000$ it's what I'm paying, LOOK UP CHEAP NOSE JOBS and tell me if you like them. DON'T LISTEN TO THE GUY BELOW !!!!
Hi I'm actually geting mine done Tuesday just across the border in Tijuana with a doctor that my neighbors have recommended and his price is really good compared here in the u.s. his name is Arturo Gonzalez and he charges from 2500$ to 3000
Hello Nina, Being in a new high school can be one of the most difficult times in a person's life. Are you a junior or a senior? I'm curious, do you have friends who go to that high school... or do you not know anyone there yet? btw, how far away is your old high school? Regarding how you look... honestly, your hair, eyes, and mouth are all so beautiful that I don't notice your nose when I look at your pictures. In the last two pictures (where you didn't style your hair = no offense, okay?) then I do see your nose of course. I'll tell you HONESTLY what I think, okay? 1) Many Somoans and Pacific Islanders have smaller noses than you, so in your case, I think your nose is a plus cause it's makes you unique. 2) If you really want a nose job, and if you do I understand that too, you have two choices: you could do it as soon as you can with a doctor you can afford, OR you could wait and save up a bit of money, and go to the best doctor you can. SERIOUSLY... if you choose #1 you could mess up your nose for life. The first time you do this operation, it's expensive, yeah... but if you need to it over cause it didn't turn out right... that costs SO MUCH MORE. *** The second choice is to wait a while longer. I personally would NOT go to a different country for an operation unless I spoke some of the language, understood how hospitals and surgeons work there, and had family or good friends there who could personally recommend a surgeon. *** So that's my opinion, which is that if you want to do it, that's your decision. If you decide to do it, I hope you wait till you're maybe 20 and have a bit more $. *** ONE MORE THING *** Are you being teased or bullied in school at all? If you are, and kids in your school find out you went to Mexico for a nose job, seriously... you might get teased more. Some high schools have great, mature kids who are supportive, but some high schools have kids that can really get you down.
Im not being bullied at all, I just hate my nose
Hi! Firstly I just want you to know that you are beautiful just as you are. You are so much more than your nose. Take your time thinking about this surgery and research it well. There are loads of videos on YouTube showing amazing results from contouring the nose to help it look slimmer that might be useful while you are working out what to do and how to do it. Take care and stand tall because you are a gorgeous girl :)
Thank you :) that makes me feel good :) im just going through a rough time in a new high school
I'm sorry you are having a rough time at your new school and hope it improves for you soon. I'll say a little prayer for you. Take care :)
Heya! im 17 and wanting to get rhinoplasty too, my dad said last year that he thinks i should have gotten it done in december 2012 but i thought it was way too soon for it. I am serious about it but i honestly think waiting till you are ready is the best thing, im hoping i will have the confidence to get it done at the end of this year. But if you arent 100% ready wait just a few months it defo would make a difference!
Im sure! :) same here!
I think it depends a lot of how much you've grown mentally and physically. If you feel like you are ready for it visit a doctor, he'll probably look at your nose and he'll tell you if you are already old enough. Many doctors recommend at least 15 years which I guess is okay with you. If you really want it and want to get it in mexico there are some really good doctors here, but research carefully first because cheapest isn't always the best.
Hey, Nina. Trust me, I know exactly how you feel about looking at it from the side. It happened to me too around your age, but I am not 20 and I am almost going to proceed with the change that I have been waiting for for so long. I was always paranoid about my profile look and since I couldn't see it I was always afraid of what ppl thought of it, but didn't have such a big problem of the front of it. I think you are very pretty though as you are and maybe you should wait a few years if you are still not sure of what you want to do, and like everyone else said: DO A LOT OF RESEARCH! Find the best doctor you can and remember that the cheapest may not always be the best. I considered too going to MX for the surgery bc it was cheaper, but I rethought things and like I said, cheapest isn't always the best. Good luck with whatever you decide! & keep us posted ;)
Wait! I was really young when I decided I hated my nose and wanted a nose job but I am so happy I waited and did my research. Nothing worse than paying thousands of dollars for a nose done by someone who doesn't specialize in rhinoplastys and HATING it.
Thank you, I'll be sure to take my time finding the right doctor! :D
I was 20 when I got my nose job but wanted one since I was 13. At 16, I got a job, and saved up up until I was 20. During that time, I spent a lot of research looking up doctors. When I finally narrowed it down, I decided to check all the doctors out. From there, it still took half a year to decide. I am so happy I did it and glad that I waited. Also, my nose did change between the time I was 13-18. Keep that in mind. A lot of doctors suggest waiting until you are done developing.
Thank you, I didnt know that, SO I WILL keep that in mind :D
I agree with Nikki. You are a beautiful girl, but I know how it feels to not like your nose despite how beautiful everyone tells you you are. So, if in a few years you decide you don't like your nose still, then find a reputable doctor. DO NOT base your decision for a doctor on price. There are countless horror stories on here of people who went to plastic surgeons instead of facial plastic surgeons because they were cheaper. You want an EXPERT rhinoplasty surgeon, which means that it will cost a little more money. My surgery is going to cost about 8200, and that is AFTER my insurance is covering some of the cost.

Wait a few years and save up. If you still dislike your nose in a couple of years and you are in a secure financial place, then I say go for it!
Thank you :D, I'll make sure to make the right decision
Nina- I would definately wait just a few more years. I had been wanting mine done for a long time now and I feel that in my case it was best to wait till now (I'm 26). My way of thinking at 16 probably would not have allowed me to find the right doctor or learned so much about the actual surgery. It is probably one of your biggest decisions in life so don't skimp on the price. I am paying close to 9,000 but I know many have had great outcomes with less. Just remember....you get what you pay for.

Welcome to RealSelf! I totally second what bnosey says. :0)

Thanks :)
Hi Nina!

I am glad you are not in a rush. I also wanted a rhinoplasty since a young age, but i waited years to research, save $ and find a good experienced doctor. Make sure to do your research, ask around and definitely try not to let a cheaper price persuade you on choosing a surgeon. It is better to save $, rather than go somewhere you are unsure of. Also, at times Insurance may cover parts of the cost. You should definitely consult with your family, especially since you are a younger person. I wish you lots of luck!!
Thanks and I'll make sure to save a lot of money before I research doctors yet