Ready to Unload - Idaho Falls, ID

I have had large breast for as long as I can...

I have had large breast for as long as I can remember. I went to see a PS and to discuss with them whether I was a candidate for insurance approval. I think since I have lived with them so long I start to think maybe they aren't that big but then I see pictures of myself and its hard to believe that those are mine. I got insurance approval and now I have so many mixed emotions. Its hard to think your getting ready to lose a part of yourself yet I will be so glad to be rid of them and they pain they bring. Right now I am a 34G. I'm so scared to have the surgery my mind gets away from me...I'm worried about dying while I'm having surgery and if I make it out of surgery what if I die from complications from surgery and then what about infection. I know I'm a complete worry wart. I have even considered cancelling but I think I would just be so mad at myself if I do.

goindown I am 54 yrs and was a 40G now a 36D . I am 7 weeks postop and have not had one problem . My surgery was easy . Minimal pain. But nothing a percocet didn't take care of . I was taking tylenol on day 4 with an occasional perc if I did too much during the day .The fear of surgery is the worse part of it all. Its true their can be complications . But if you're healthy to begin with you you should be fine . Make sure you are comfortable with your PS and that he/she knows your expectations . For me this has changed my life and my attitude. Best of luck . And this site has a lot of women who will help encourage you the whole way . If you have any questions just ask . Someone here has the answer .A great group of gals .
I am exactly the same. Similar size, shape worries, everything. One thing though is that I have decided I am going to do this. I will not live out the rest of my life like this. I am seeing the PS on Monday.

17 Days Till Surgery

Even though I am having so many fears I'm still trying to think positive and I'm moving forward with this surgery. I have read so many inspiring stories on here and I am very encouraged by everyone. My Pre-op appointment is on June 14th and was told we would discuss size then. How is that determined? I have no clue what size I would like to be this size is all I've known since forever.

P.S. I was a 38 I-J and now am aproximately (still have some swelling) a DD-E. I am hoping to be at most a DD once I am fully recovered. Best thing I ever did!!
Don't you dare cancel! You CAN do this, girl. Most of us shared the exact same mixed emotions and fears as you, but remember this is going to change your life, for the better! Your thoughts and fears are totally normal but rest assured the staff at the hospital or facility are all professionals and will assist you with any questions and they will help ease your mind. My operating room nurse talked to me about bra shopping and clothes shopping to help take my mind off the fact that the anesthesia was only seconds away. I was so very nervous until the actual day of my surgery and then I was strangely calm. I think it mostly just felt surreal to me that after so many years it was finally happening!! I am 3 weeks post op and have no regrets! You will be so happy once you have your surgery. Just think of the end result and that you are doing something amazing for yourself and that will help to ease your fears. Best of luck to you and I look forward to your updates! :)
I was as scared as you. I had my PS write me a prescription for some Valium. I started taking in 24 hours before surgery. It was really helpful :)

6 Days to Pre-Op and 10 Days till Surgery Date

The clock is ticking down and I'm am pretty anxious. It seems like its ticking by rather slowly. Still not sure about what size I want to go to, I'm hoping that my PS is going to guide me in that decision. I just want to make sure it looks normal to my body shape. I am currently 5'11 and I weigh 150.

Surgical Bra???

Is this something I am going to need or no? What size do you order since you wont know until after surgery what size you really are? I want to make sure I have everything in place before surgery, my husband works out of state and will only be able to be with me for 7 days after the actual surgery. Is there any suggestion for anything else I will need to prepare?

Hi goindown....I'm also another Idahoan. I'm 5 days PO and feeling great. I was just like you...scared I would die in surgery. That fear kept me from doing this for many years. I thought I needed to get my kids raise before I could consider doing it "just in case". Of course there are risks to surgery...and the only thing I had before this was tonsils out 39 years ago. As my PS said, this is the happiest surgery she performs. Mainly because it's so liberating for the woman and it's really not as hard on the body as one would think. Be careful not to over think it...have faith and courage. You'll do great...everyone on this site is here to cheer you on!
Where in Idaho are you? I'm northern. Who is your surgeon?
Boise...Dr. Susan Hegstad...she has an excellent reputation over here. I knew the moment I met her that she was the right one for me.

7 Days Till Surgery

Okay, so today I woke up feeling anxious and as of yet hasn't gone away. I know its just nerves. I've been concerned about my weight which I am really trying to watch because when I get nervous I tend to eat, however, I don't think today is an eating day I can just feel it in my stomach. But the good news is I got on the scale this morning and had actually lost 2 pounds so that is good. I need to figure out how to relax. My doctor has given me very specific instructions on what I am do to be doing for the next 7 days, including showering daily with an antibacterial soap which I'm concerned will dry out my skin, but I will do what he says and no lotion will be applied to this body. My Pre-Op appointment is this Friday June 14th, and since my husband works out of state my mom will be going with me so I don't forget to ask anything and remember what he says.

Hey goodluck girl, what more did your PS said, do you mind sharing? Why must you stop using lotion? I am woried I have been using them and I also bath with bacterial soap. My surgery is on the 18th june. Please share if you don't mind girl.
He explained the lotion thing better than I can. It has something to with bacteria. All I know is that I'm not suppose to use lotion. I'm sorry I cant explain it better. At two weeks I had to start taking a multi vitamin. The night before the and then the morning of I have to bathe with the anti bacterial again.
Oh ohk that helps a lot, will my PS tomorow,have an appointment with him. Thank you girl.

Pre-Op Appointment Tomorrow 06/14/2013

The clock is ticking by so slowly I feel like it is taking forever to get this done and over with and I'm sure its just my nerves which are going crazy. I was awake at 4:45 this morning in a full blown out panic attack, I find that I forget to breath during the day. Hopefully after I talk to my PS it will help settle my nerves, I have even been losing weight because of it. Surgery is June 18 and my husband will finally be home on June 17 which I'm looking forward to. I will update tomorrow after I see my PS. He is 2.5 hours away from my home so I have to leave early tomorrow morning.

HI there, my surgery is June 19th and Im just a ball of nerves! Totally anxious, dreaming about problems with the br, oh lord I feel your pain. From everyone else's posts it seems to be the norm to stress and think about about it constantly up until the day!! You are not alone, Im practicing my breathing and staying calm (which I suck at) Good luck, hang in there! - see you on the otherside :)

Pre-Op Appointment

Went to my Pre-Op appointment today and it went really well. My PS went over every detail and every question that I had and was so reassuring. The procedure that he does is the laser bra breast reduction, which I think is going to be amazing. He gave me 5 prescriptions to start taking. I feel alittle settled down, so for now its all good. Surgery is June 18th..

Hang in there...you're going to do great!

2 Days till Surgery

My anxiety level just increases the closer I get to the surgery date. My husband is home which is great I'm glad to have him here with me.I went into full panic this morning when I realized we would be leaving tomorrow to drive up for surgery on Tuesday. Breath I just need to remember to breath. I hope I am not driving you all crazy with my anxiety and I do apologize, I'm just venting and sometimes it helps to just write it out.

I think everyone is nervous right before surgery. I know I worried myself sick, thank god the PS gave me Valium to start taking a week before mine...lol. I was so nervous about being under. I went in, laid down and then what felt like 5 min. later (actually 4 hrs) I was awake! :-) I am 5wks PO now, went from 38G to 36C. Good luck!!
Thats what my PS said as well, thank you.
Best of luck . 9 weeks postop . You will love the results .

Tomorrow is the Big Day

Well I'm less than 24 hours away from surgery. Days were going by so slow and now have sped up which I'm thankful for.

All the best to you tomorrow !

Todays the day

Todays surgery day, 4 more hours and I will be in surgery.

Good luck today!! See you on the other side :)
One suggestion...take the pain meds how they are prescribed for the first few days. Don't wait till you feel you need them. Seems harder to keep up with the pain if you let it wear off. Good luck today!
Thank you for the suggestion, that is one thing I will try and not be bad at since I hate taking medication. I am going to make sure I follow your suggestion.

I'm done and at the Hotel

I'm done!!!! I'm stil super out of it because of anesthesia. I'm so glad that I didn't cancel and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be super please. I thank everyone on this site for all the encouragement.

Congratulations!! I am so happy that you didn't cancel either! Give yourself time to heal and you will be overjoyed that you did this wonderful thing for yourself! :)
Good for you!!! Rest and we'll all watch for updates.
Congrats!! Ill see you on the other side :)

Question???

At this moment I have been done with surgery for about 8 hours, I am not in enough pain to take anything its some discomfort but not much. So the question is, is do I still take the pain meds for discomfort?

I was the same way, no pain only discomfort. I would suggest taking something mild so that you feel comfortable and it will make sleeping/laying down easier. My PS prescribed Tylenol 3 for me and it contains codeine, which really bothers me so I stuck to regular Tylenol and I was fine with that. And I agree about the pillows under your arms, worked wonderfully for me too!
Maybe just start with Advil? Just asked my daughter and she said for some reason her pain is the worst at about 4a.m. She also propped pillows under her arms most of the time. Hope you can sleep. :)

1 Day Post-Op

I'm one day post op and feeling pretty good. Trying to take it easy. I went to the PS this morning and he said everything went really well, he said my breast tissue was really dense and that he removed around 2 pounds off of each breast and when the swelling goes down I will be either a DD or D which I'm hoping for the latter. My stomach is bloated not sure why that is but hopefully it will go away in the next few days. I'm not in a lot of pain mainly discomfort.

Shower Day, YAY!!!

I was able to shower today, amazing how much energy taking a shower uses.

4 Days Post Op

Today I'm 4 days post op and I'm feeling pretty good. I don't have a lot of pain and I haven't had to take any pain meds. However, sleeping on my back is killing it, I am so use to sleeping on my side this is horrible. I can't get any sleep. I'm not sure if I can use a heating pad for my back but this morning I am. My next appointment with my PS is going this coming Monday so I will ask him then.

Hi, this is my moms account, but I had a BR about a week and a half ago and have some suggestions for you. I have found that alternating ice & heat has done wonders for my neck & back(and under-arm soreness.) I have also been struggling with sleep, but sleeping slanted upright with neck support and a pillow under my legs has given a decent amount of relief to that. Being able to put slightly more pillows on one side of your body(if you are a side sleeper normally) can sort of simulate tilting on one side while keeping your chest stationary. Good luck, let me know if you have any questions! X Morgan
Thank you for the suggestions I did try the pillows under my knees and that did help a lot. Again thank you.

Compression Socks

How long have you ladies worn the compression socks after surgery. I think they told me three days but my mom said at least a week, I'm scared to take them off.

I left mine on for about a week just to be sure. Was told 24 hrs after surgery was safe, but left them on longer anyway (it's Winter here in Australia so they helped to keep my legs warm :P)
I wore mine every night for a week because i believe when your not moving the risks are higher in your legs.
I was told I could take them off 24 hrs after surgery

11 Days Post Op

Today I'm 11 days Post-Op and feeling amazing. My PS says I still can't go for walks or anything until at least 14 days Post-Op. I have a question and I hope I'm not being to personal. How long did everyone wait to have sex. My PS said at least 2 weeks Post-Op, however my husband works out of state so by the time he gets home it will be alittle over 3 weeks. I'm wondering how long it was for everyone and maybe the experience as far as how it affected you. I think I'm a bit nervous.

I've heard 2 weeks post surgery for sex because your incisions are still healing. I think whenever YOU feel ready is time to get "busy" again ;)
Dr. Mark Freeman