Liposuction: I Am Still Waiting for THE Moment

I had liposuction in my stomach, waist, inner...

I had liposuction in my stomach, waist, inner thighs and hips in early February, almost a month ago. The recovery is HORRIBLE. I spent the first three days in complete pain despite taking Vicodin like candy, went back for my follow-up - even though I didn’t want to move, let alone leave the house - and then spent the rest of the week watching daytime TV.

After about a week I figured I had to start moving (and I was going crazy just laying around, even if that was all I thought I could do due to the pain) so I started doing little things around the house. The idea of bathing, getting dressed, or doing anything that involved my body was a foreign concept to me. I needed help for everything and my loved ones were invaluable to have around.

A month on I am still REALLY swollen and having a lot of trouble getting around. I have stopped taking most of my medication now because I don’t want to become dependent on it. Sometimes I still need some to sleep though.

I hear people talk about the light at the end of the tunnel but frankly I haven’t seen it yet. My doctor promised I’d be back to normal within 2-3 months but considering where I’m at now I don’t think that’s going to happen.

Right now it’s very demoralizing because I see this swollen, puffed up, bruised person who looks worse than before I had all that surgery. Knowing the pain I went through and seeing that I look WORSE (at least right now) is something I’m having a lot of trouble dealing with. I’m worried that I will fall into a depression by lying around in this state, so I am hopeful it will improve soon.

I’m still waiting for that moment everyone keeps talking about, where everything is healed and I look great. I can’t even imagine it right now.

I had mine in January, I'm still waiting for the swelling to go down myself
Cerisu, How are you doing now? Its been awhile since you've had it, are you noticing visible differences? I very much can relate to what you are going through, I had my surgery in April of 07 and had breast aug. lipo of inner thigh and abdomen. After 6 weeks when I could take the garment off I was expecting HUGE change, but haven't really seen miracles yet, I am now 2 1/2 months post surgery and can see change but it is very inconsistent and I fluctuate my actual size quite a bit. My doctors office told me that it takes a full 6 months to recovery fully and expect to see "the moment" as you described. I'd love to hear how you are feeling now though since its been a few months. Thanks,