I Love my Do-it-yourself At-home Glycolic Peels!

I'm very fair skinned and sunburn easily. With...

I'm very fair skinned and sunburn easily. With all sunburns I've suffered--especially as a kid because my stepmother thought frequent sunbathing/sunburning would result in a "base tan" that would eventually keep me from burning any more....NOT TRUE!!!--I concluded that I would start aging fairly rapidly if I didn't start dealing with my skin early (in my twenties). I started with a DIY 10% glycolic peel. With consistent use--like, a couple times a week for a year--my skin looked so much better: clearer, milkier skin tone (no more blotches) and reduction in mild wrinkles on my forehead (the result of all those sun burns I was subjected to). Over time, the 10% peel started losing its effectiveness, so I graduated to a stronger [professional] chemical peel and couldn't be happier with the results. My skin looks better now at age 29 than it did at 24! In fact, when I'm in public with my younger sisters (who are also "burners"), people think I'm the youngest sister (I'm the oldest!). Professional peels are definitely better than the DIY stuff, but my experience with the at-home products was still so good that I'm more than happy to recommend them. Finally, I ALWAYS wear an SPF 15 everyday, regardless if I expect to be outside or not. The combination of chemical peels and daily sunscreen makes all the difference in the world.

Greetings,Im writing to all the ladies who would like to do a professional glycolic peel safely at home but are unsure of yourself or the product like me up intell yesterday. If you have never done a peel start w\ a 20% medical grade professionally packaged product.I bought mine on e-bay.Its so important to FOLLOW INST to a T.Have everything on hand and ready.Never leave on beyond recommended time and be patient with your expectations of results, It takes a few peels to really see results.Wear medical gloves and be careful not to get it in your eyes.Use a timer.And use a neutralizer to stop the acids action. I used 2 pinches of baking soda w\2 cups of water.I noticed after my first peel yesterday that my skin feels real smooth and I can see that the peel has brought the zits to the surface so its clearing my pores out but dont pop or pinch zits,your skin is real sensitive and will scar if you pick,so dont pick,let the peel do its work. I love it and Im so happy I did my own peel. So my advice to you is just do it but be very very careful and be smart.All kits have there own instructions and types of products and for all different reasons.I did alot of homework on line and you should too. RESEARCH,RESEARCH,RESEARCH and BE SMART.The horror stories we read about are the idiots who dident RESEARCH the product or the procedure.Good luck to all of you and remember when it comes to do it yourself peels...BE CAREFUL,BE SMART, DO YOUR HOMEWORK, BE PATIENT AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS TO A TEE.And remember instructions differ with each product.Happy peeling and Good luck to all. Angela.

angela stockmoe, you are so right. after a lot of hesitation i did try the product. followed all instructions that came with product. for me there was more tingly than burning sensation. I had handheld shower to rinse it off wiht cold water. i saw results: tightening, lightening of skin. i'm using 30% and will next strenght once this bottle is done (wow this small bottle can last, perhaps, 6 mos- what a deal)

I just purchased a Glycolic Mini-Peel kit on sale from L'Oreal (10%). It was dramatically reduced because it is being discontinued. I have used it 3x so far and notice an improvement, although subtle. My pores are smaller and my complexion has improved (I have acne on my chin even though I'm 50!). I have sensitive skin, light freckles. I've been using a sunscreen for years. My strategy will be to de-sensitize myself to the glycolic acid gradually, then I hope to move up to a stronger solution. There really is a lot of trial and error with beauty products. Whereas I'm pleased, so far with the mini-peel, I have to stay away from micro dermabrasion because even a washcloth will make my skin red!
I also would like to know where you can buy glycolic? I've never heard of it.
Please share with us which one you used. Thanks!