I Finally Have a Flat Tummy

I have always been near the same weight, a little...

I have always been near the same weight, a little too much in the belly and a fat bottom. But in the past five to seven years the weight had began to droop more, so I was the same weight on the scale but I was starting to get an apron of fat extending below my waistline. I couldn’t stand that. Then my hips started to sag over too and that was it – “enough’s enough!” – time to talk to a plastic surgeon.

My boss recommended my surgeon to me. She overheard that I was looking into plastic surgery and told me she had gotten her nose done. Since I had never noticed it on her, I figured that was as good an endorsement as any and ended up picking her surgeon over one or two others.

I am now two weeks post-op and liking my results so far. I ended up getting a tummy tuck along with lipo and lifts to my abs, hips, and butt. It sounds like a lot but it was worth fixing every little niggling thing while I was under the knife.

The resulting scar is huge and wraps almost all the way around my body. Someone said to me on a message board, “How can you wear a bikini with that?” but the truth is I wasn’t going to wear a bikini the way I looked before either! I’m much happier to not have the weight and the sagging skin there!

I am withholding judgment on my tummy tuck until it heals completely, and it may be up to a year before I get the full effect. But I have dreamt of a flat tummy for years and I finally have it now!