Hyperpigmentation from Lazer Treatments!!!

Please don't do the lazer treatments on your face!...

Please don't do the lazer treatments on your face! I went in for lazer hair removal above my lip and suffered PIH and now hyperpigmentation that is worse than ever. The doctors said that time would make it better but the procedure was in May of 2006!!!! Went to different Derm to try to correct the hyperpigmentation and he did a test spot on my left cheek which was spot free from any pigmenatation and now I have PIH hyperpigmentation in a large shape of a rectangle due to the lazer he used. First lazer was called gentle lase and the second was the fraxel!!!!

I never had to wear make up now nothing cover it!! I have spent thousands of dollars in topicals from the derm and make up to make it better but nothing makes it go away! Please help!!! Has anyone found an answer?

please just keep waxing that's what I should have done now I have a shaded mustache!!!!!!!!!

Hello, I am a licensed aesthetic nurse and laser safety officer. I would recommend Cosmelan to all of you. It is a high concentration of hydroquinone and beta hydroxyacid facial peel that is truly fantastic for people with your problems. It is from a company called Mesoestetic in California, and is available only by Rx through a dermatologist or medispa. It works very well, but it isn't cheap--approx $750-$1000 for the treatment, but it is a one time treatment. It is not one of those series of treatments, so no need to go back multiple times for it to work. Good luck!!
Hi I have an appointment with the most experienced laser dermatologist in my country in november. This guy has a nine month waiting list. I will keep you updated on what he suggests.
I have faced the same problem. Had laser hair removal for my upper lip a few years ago, and since then have had an uggly dark area there, looks like a painted mustache. I tried Triluma with no success. Don't know where to turn...Please, help!!!!
Hi I am in the same boat as all of you.I am nine months post fraxel procedure with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.Have been using 4%hydroquinone for the past four months with little effect. Am off to see a laser dermatologist specialist. Will keep you posted on what they recommend
Last year I had a Photofacial. A series of five in all. After my second treatment I got Hyperpigmentation. Doc said they would get better by having the remaining treatments. During the treatments I noticed that I was getting striations on my checks. I thought I was getting wrinkles so I began skin tightening treatments. Three in all. The doc arched the wand and left me a scar on check laugh line. When I completed the treatments and used the skin lightening cream and that didn't get better I had a Laser peel. That was the worst thing. Since then I got acne, poor skin texture, uneven skin, wrinkles under eyes and checks and lifeless droopy skin. Hyperpigmentation resurfaced darker than what it was before laser. Is there not anything that can be done for your situation?
I'm investigating treatments for hyperpigmentation for due to ingrown hair on my jaw. I really want the unwanted dark spots cause by plucking hairs at my jaw to go away, but my re-search is making me nervous of laser treatments. Summer is coming and I can't walk around in a turtle neck.
Hello, I am not sure of exactly what to tell you. I also suffer from hyperpigmentation. Lately I have been using curel youth defense lotion and it seems that it may be the cause of my skin minimally correcting. Its may not be the answer your looking for, but its possible that lotion could help.
Hey, I am going though what your going though and it sucks. I want a solution to this problem. My upper lip is so dark do to the IPL and the Fraxel Laser. I should of stopped after the first treatment, since that was the best that area had ever looked. However when I went back the docter went stronger and stronger when it came to the laser now it is really bad. I don't know what to do. I to am using tri-luma with no improvment. I don't know what to do or who to trust at this point. Please let me know if you make progress with your hyperpigmentation.