Not a Big Difference but Didn't Ruin my Skin, Either - Hyderabad, India

First off if you're nervous about this procedure...

First off if you're nervous about this procedure get a test patch done first! And any doctor that makes you feel that you're overreacting for this request is not a good doctor.

I got pixel 4 days ago and so far so good. I was REALLY nervous and did a lot of research beforehand. I asked her to use the lowest setting but of course I don't really know if she did or not. My face looked a lot more red than some of the other reviews, but my skin is somewhat sensitive so that could be part of it.

As for pain I had numbing cream on for 1 hour before the session and I still found the procedure to be uncomfortable. Not painful, but I was happy when it was over, that's for sure. I imagine it would be painful without the numbing cream first. The rest of the day and part of the next day my face felt slightly burning, it was uncomfortable.

I'm now 3 days post, had the procedure Saturday morning and it's Tuesday morning. Everything is happening as planned. My face was REALLY red and felt like a bad sunburn the first day, I'm now brown and peeling. The parts that are peeling don't look as great as I had hoped :( kind of just looks like the results of the salicylic acid chemical peels I've had in the past (2). I'm hopeful that this will provide more results as the weeks go on and that the pixel provides more collagen stimulation.

As for me, I'm an American (Caucasian) living in India. The procedure is really cheap here, about 100USD. I work online so I don't have to see people face to face, meaning no time off work for the procedure. I imagine if you got this on Saturday you would have to take Monday and Tuesday off work. My doctor was good, very knowledgeable but I doubt she has ever worked with caucasian skin before. She did a test patch on my neck (I would have preferred somewhere on my face since the skin on my face is still different from my neck even though it's very close). I only bought one session but I might go back for another depending on my results in the next few weeks. I will keep real self updated with pictures and reviews.

What I'm trying to correct here are large pores around my nose, some small rolling acne scars on my cheeks, and melasma on my forehead. I'm 32.

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. How cool you live in India, must be exciting!! It's great you don't have to take time off work and can relax in the comfort of your own home and work! So glad you posted photos, look forward to you updates.

EDIT 1 - One Week Post

My skin looks fantastic! All the brown skin has come off revealing great looking skin. I just hope it stays that way. With the chemical peels I've had in the past my skin looks great for a week or two then goes back to how it was before. So far with Pixel my melasma has greatly reduced and overall my skin tone is much better. Acne scars have improved slightly, a noticeable difference but they aren't gone. Unfortunately my pores look about the same. My doctor said it would take 4-5 treatments. I am going to buy a package and see how it goes. I can't wait to see the results after 4-5 sessions.

Hi! Thanks for your review, it is really very helpful. sadly I am suffering from acne scarring and trying to locate a good doctor for laser procedure. Can you please share how you did you find your doctor.
I went to a lot of different doctors before I decided on this one. I would advise you to get some consultations at different places (sometimes the consultation is free) and then pick the place you like the best.

One Month Post

My skin still looks great! The melasma reduction is very noticeable but not completely 100%. My skin texture and skin tone is so much better. I did end up buying a package of 4 treatments.

may i Know clinic address in Hyderabad,because Iam planning for laser treatment.
Either speak to a good Dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Look for reviews online for some of your local doctors who have done a lot of these procedures. Experience is Key!!!
Dr. Nikkat

My doctor was good, very knowledgeable but I doubt she has ever worked with caucasian skin before. She did a test patch on my neck (I would have preferred somewhere on my face since the skin on my face is still different from my neck even though it's very close). Then 2 weeks later checked the test patch and everything was good. She was very kind and answered all of my questions since I was nervous.