Bruised but Well Worth It! - Hyde Park, NY

I had already gotten Radiesse in my cheeks for...

I had already gotten Radiesse in my cheeks for volume last fall and loved the results. (by another dr.) I visited my dermatologist last month and I voiced concerns about crater like scars on my chin emerging from acne I had when I was younger. I am 53 now. My dr. said that as my skin is sagging the scars are more pronounced. She said Radiesse could fill in the nasial labial folds causing the skin to get tighter. I also had a crater on the bottom of my chin.

I decided to receive 2 vials of product for the effect I wanted. She spent her time with me taking before and after photos along the way and showing me a mirror before swelling set in. I was fairly numb with lidocaine before she started plus she added it to the product so it waa definitely tolerable.

I must say that I didn't expect to bruise because U didn't when I had my cheeks done. I had also been taking Arnica tablets one week before. My dr. also prescribed an antibitic for me to take 5 days prior and 5 days after. She said that Radiesse can cause break outs and old cold sores ti be reactivated. This would prevent it.

I must say that I'm loving the results! I'm still a little swollen and I'm not happy with the bruising. I have to keep reapplying dermablend; but the deep craters are gone and I feel more youthful. I would definitely do this again.

sorry about the typos

I am confused as to why we can't edit our reviews. I hit the send button by accident before I could check my post. I wrote the review with my cell phone because my photos were on the phone.
I wish real self would allow this feature because we can edit the dr. information. Why not the review?
I'm going to try and get a before photo from my dr.
Dr. Tania Cohen

I loved the over all manner of Tania. She constantly asked me how I was doing, shared wirh me along the way and kept me at ease.