Good Experience! - Huntsville, AL

I'm 54 and had lower back fat and the menopot that...

I'm 54 and had lower back fat and the menopot that would not go away with exercise. Additionally, anethesia makes me vomit. Dr. gave me an honest assessment of my outcome, and since I don't plan on wearing a bikini, I went for it. Took a valium, lortab, keflex, and phenergan one hour before the procedure. Got there at 7:30 and was home by 12:15. Leaked alot the first day only (had pads for that). Next day I was sore, but took none of the additional pain meds. Let me say that I had major lipo in 1999, and it hurt like hell...the procedures are so much better than back then. I've read alot of your experiences on this board, and I'd like to add some of my advice.

1. Please do not have this or any procedure if you don't know what you're doing...and if you expect to look like the girls in the magazines. There is NO perfect.
2. This procedure (and most of the others) takes MONTHS to recover from. You will swell on and off for MONTHS. You will itch, you will have lumps and bumps and hard places, etc.
3. Please go to a real doctor...a BOARD certified doctor in plastic surgery. Anyone can buy a machine. The expertise comes in someone who knows about liposuction. I can buy a violin, but I don't know how to play it...same thing.
4. Buy multiple garments and wear them. Plan on wearing them for a long time, it will help the skin retraction and swelling.

I'm at the two week mark and all is well!

Correction - I had smart lipo Triplex.

Correction - I had smart lipo Triplex.

It's now been eight weeks since my procedure...

It's now been eight weeks since my procedure (Smartlipo Triplex). I still wear my garment from dawn till bedtime....it helps with the swelling. I'm pleased, but remember, it takes A LONG time for the final results. If you are impatient or have unrealistic expectations, cosmetic surgery is NOT for you.
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon