Implant Removal with Fat Transfer - Huntington Beach, CA

I had my implants removed and replaced with a fat...

I had my implants removed and replaced with a fat transfer on the 30th of April, 2012. I plan to update this throughout my journey. I'm not sure what to say about this, & I do not want to go into too much detail, or post pictures just yet, because I'm being told that I've not reached my final results. I will be updating my experience in great detail, and including pictures in the following months.

I believe this is a good procedure in the right...

I believe this is a good procedure in the right hands. I am currently seeking another surgeon to try this again, but I would absolutely not return to this Dr. Many of the doctors I've spoken with have told me that they would not remove my implants and perform a transfer at the same time due to the fact that they feel the delicate fat graft would be compromised. My results initially looked very good, but within 6 months the fat disappeared and I am now left with deflated, shriveled breasts. The office was very disorganized. They forgot to tell me that I needed to buy a Noogleberry breast device (similar to a Brava bra). There was never a follow up call to see how I was doing. My scars are very dark still, and are as big around as a pencil eraser. The liposuction sites are uneven, and you can see the panels where the fat was removed. The cup and a half I gained that took me up to a C is now gone, and I am a shriveled A cup. I would not consider returning to this Dr if he was willing to perform another transfer for free, because the outcome of this first transfer was so extremely disappointing, and I would not want to deal with dark and disfiguring scars all for no result. I also have 4 large lumps in my left breast which were not there. I have been told that these are cysts. I've never had a history of lumps in my breast.

So, it has been 11 months since my procedure. I...

So, it has been 11 months since my procedure. I would venture to say that ALL of the fat (except for the lumps of fat necrosis) have left my body. My breasts actually look smaller than they did prior to augmentation. I would not let this doctor near me to "correct" a mistake, because I do not trust his competence to do so. Please, take my advice and stay away from him. I foolishly believed his hype. He is a great salesman. At the time when I went to see him there were not reviews about his fat transfer, but now there are, thank goodness. I hope that this effectively deters anyone from become his patient. This has been a nightmare.

I can't stop crying

Someone recently emailed me and asked me why I didn't like dr accetta, as my pix didn't look "too bad". Okay, for one, the pix clearly demonstrate that within one year I went from a post op C to an A. What the photos DO NOT SHOW is the disfigurement that resulted at the hands of this dr. I am in constant pain and don't have the money for another surgery. I'm in my 20's and this is devastating to my self esteem. I am so sad that I don't want to write anymore, but I wanted to get these pics up to hopefully prevent someone else from being hurt like this.

Just had a consultation. I'm crushed

I was told by a reputable surgeon that because the fat necrosis is so close to the skin, that it would leave a very thin pocket for an implant, and necrosis would be very likely. In short, I'm permanently disfigured. I will be seeking legal advice. Please, please do not see dr august Accetta.
Dr August Accetta

Selecting this man to operate on me was the single worst decision I've ever made.

I do have a question also, I see there is about 6 months between your 11 month post op pics and the next ones in Sept 2013. Was there any change in your boobs during that time? I ask because the pics in sept. Are too close and it's hard to compare with the 11 month ones. Thank you!
I see it's been a while. How are you doing? I wanted to write you becuase your story is somewhat like mine. I had implants removed but waited to heal before doing fat transfer. After removal my breast were smaller than before implants and deformed. My pics are not as good as yours but I assure you mine were like yours maybe even worse deformed. I didn't have necrosis, but fat was uneven and scarring inside pulled on skin. Don't get discouraged as i think yours don't look that bad they just haven't healed all the way. And if you do fat transfer again you could have perfect boobs. If you have any question don't hesitate to ask. Since we are similar you can watch my progress to see what is possible. I also live in ca.
Bella, so sorry to hear about your awful experience. Honestly, I think over time most of the problems will resolve themselves and you just need to give yourself time to heal. Thank you for posting your story and thank you for warning us about this doctor. X
I am so sorry. I have implant with severe capsular contracture and actually thinking of having a fat transfer. Im hoping you were successful in finding legal representation. This should of never happened. I will be sending you lots of light...
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I'm so sorry to read this. Thank you for warning others about this PS.
Your story saddens me. I also had many problems with my cosmetic surgery. My issues are on my face. Hard to cover up. I did not trust my initial surgeon after (A Board Certified facial Plastic Surgeon In Peoria, IL) I asked questions about my facial plastic surgery, he "danced" around the issues I was worried about. Like totally visable scars on the center of my face, extremely hollow eyelids, pixie ear lobes. I had to have many consultations and have two seperate surgeries to get things where they needed to be and my eyelids still are not good and I have drooping lids. I feel your frustration.. it does not matter what body part is operated on incorrectly, it affects every aspect of our lives in a negitive way when all we were trying to do is make our selves more positive. We are the ones who lose sleep at night, not the doctor who messes us up. How much money do we have to waste on bad cosmetic surgeons? Any cosmetic surgeon of any specialty can advertise that they are "experts", that means nothing. Anyone can "advertise" anything. I learned this the hard way. You can't trust ad's and web sites or fancy facial rejuvination guides. You have to really research these doctors because malpractice in cosmetic surgey is so hard to prove. None of them ever end up with "malpractice" history. Even thought they have not provided proper patient care. They are negligent and looking for another surgery and more money and not worried about the patient. They will not suffer for that but we will. I hope in time that you will have your beautiful breasts again... be patient... (I'm sure you are sick of hearing that by now)... but do and in time the right situation will come along and will make everything okay. Besides you are a beautiful person inside and that is all that truly matters to the outside world.
Oh I am so very sorry, Kumquat said it very elegantly. I am sure this can be resolved in the right hands and with time and healing but that doesn't make the present feel any better. Be well and PM me any time for moral support, you must be devastated.
time will help with scar tissue/necrosis resolving, and also with the development/proliferation of new reconstructive techniques. i hope you get a lot of money. i was just browsing your doc's site, another cosmetic* surgeon doing procedures that should be left to plastic* surgeons. it's really positive that you wrote this review. i hope you have supportive people in your life to talk to about this. your body is more than your breasts. you are more than your body. none of this is permanent. i hope you're managing, xx. (pm me any time btw)
Aw :( have you consulted another doctor.. or a lawyer? Your most recent pics look like a lot of scar tissue was left behind after the explant.. maybe connecting the nipple directly to the chest wall.. and the fat transfer concealed that for the first little while.. then it all got absorbed our turned into cysts. I'm really sorry that that happened. Your doctor should have known better than to do both procedures at once. Please talk to a reconstructive surgeon though. I don't know what your financial or insurance situation is, but I know you need to take concrete steps to improving your situation.. either through surgery or litigation or both. I would hope your doctor would want to just settle something like this out of court.. paying enough to get reconstructive surgery from someone who knows what they're doing. Best of luck.. try to remember that the shape of all flesh is transient.
Thank you. I'm sharing your thoughts of seeking legal counsel.
Bella, I am very sorry for your pain. Are the photos you posted today how your breasts look now? I was confused b/c they look so different than your last photos? So, I was not sure if they were photos after the implants were removed. I am so, so sorry that you have to go through this.
The photos I posted a few months ago didn't really do a great job of showing what my breasts look like when I move in any way. There are several very hard "rocks" all throughout my breasts. These adhere to the skin of my breast, causing pain and disfigurement when I move.
How ya feeling Jenna?  I feel great but I keep feeling like I am eating so much & not seeing weight "show up" somewhere and I am scared it is all going to show up one day like whaboom!!  I have been having a little "are my boobs still there" anxiety lately.  They are but I guess I need to come to terms if they are not one day since we never know what will happen.  I will be celebrating my 2 month post anniversary in a few days.  It is definitely a thumbs up for me because even if I did not have full retention the results I have are a significant improvement over what I started with in both the breasts and lipo areas.  To me, that makes it "worth it".
U don't hv a picture prior ur fat transfer ? That would gv a better idea of how u r now and how it was prior u got done.btw why did u get implants removed?
I don't have pics prior because the doctor took the implants out and performed the procedure at the same time. I was being operated on for 5 hours.
What is the cure of lumps or cysts btw?
Massage to break the calcified shells so the oil cyst inside can be reabsorbed I THINK. And if that doesn't work, 'aspiration' where I think they jab you with a needle and drain it like that. My (possibly completely incorrect) understanding is that a lump is an oil cyst with a calcified shell caused by the fat separating as it dies.
But as long as a lot of it doesn't die all at the same time, in the same area, then it *should be able to just reabsorb slowly and in small amounts. It's only when there's too much dying and separating for the body to absorb at the same time that it has to stay 'sitting' there dead and separating ever more severely until there's a hard shell. That's (again, I think) why you don't necessarily want them to inject a huge amount all at once.
I haven't had my procedure done yet, but I think you're way too hard on yourself, dear! Your breasts look great at 11 months.. very smooth and soft looking. Especially considering post ex-plant they look quite full
Thank you!
Hi Bella, I feel your pain:( I am a little different...i had fat rasnfer with implants placed. I ended up beingHUGE! I decided to downsize my implants to 220ccs and I am still large. But what really gets me...I now have cysts- painful ones - in one breast. I dont knowwhat to do I feel there are about 3-4 as well and they are im my smaller breasts. I am afraid if I remove them my breast will get even smaller and more asymmetrical. But even worse - my disappointment with the shape of my legs. My thighs are lumpy - almostlook like cellultie is on them! I think its scarring from the lipo and its causing the appearance of lumpy thighs. I dont know what to do to improve the look its embarrasing, thanksfully not deformed, just looks worse than where I started. I thought I would chime in on your scars....try lemonjuice and silicone patches. Cut each patch to size and leave them on for days at a time. It should help. I think maybe a laser treatment mightlift the deep color. Or you can just try some makeup over them in a suit. I am sorry you feel this way. If someone asks, youcan just be honest and say that your doctor took somefat from here and placed it in my breasts to assist with the shape after your implant removal. Or you can say it was mole removal.
I have cysts as well, so I know what you're going through. After you had your fat transfer do your implants look/feel more real?
Not quite. I had a B so they feel pretty natural with my small 220s, which still appear large!! I think u look great!!!
I am so sorry for you bella, I am ur age and i cant even imagine what your going through, thank u for sharing ur story, it takes alot of strength to do so. I hope that all of this would be over for u soon.