Downsizing with Local 11mos Later

My original plastic surgeon recommended 300-400...

My original plastic surgeon recommended 300-400 range, but suggested 350cc's. Coordinator pushed for 400's. I got caught up in hype so requested 450's on day of surgery!

Since day one I've been miserable and seeking non-stop advise from PS on Real Self, JBI, and in person. No one could tell me what I needed to know until last month. Finally I learned that I'm so uncomfortable because the implant was so large that 1/3 of it was sitting inside the pectoralis muscle.

When I flexed the implant moved into my armpits. They were so massive that they touched my biceps when my arms were at rest! Turns out not only did I go too big, but I'm actually a very petite framed person. The 450's made me look like a stripper, but the 400's would have too. Even the 350's would have been too much like melons. I chose 300's in surgery bc it was still a boob and so pretty.

Doing surgery w Local was bearable. Because of this method I saw that the 300's were perfect! I would have chosen 350's had I chosen before surgery. I cried tears of joy when he took those massive things out. Now that they gone I can appreciate how small I am and how large those were on me.

The 450's made me a DD, the 300's make me a 32C/D. Because they implants 32D too big, 32C too small so I bought 34C. Start point was 32A. Chose silicone HP both times.

Found my new PS through a referral from one of my patients. I'm a Dental Hygienist so my massive implants made me very uncomfortable throughout the day. As summer sneaks up on us, I couldn't imagine sweating like a pig w those massive implants attached to my chest. I wanted them out before the heat wave approached.

I've never had children and always been in shape so this PS said he was completely confident that I'd snap right back. At first my breasts were gushy but 48hrs later they firmed and at end of week one they were two perfect balls on my chest!

My new plastic surgeon is MAGIC. I wanted to downsize, yet he was ONLY surgeon who took the time to explain that I was uncomfortable bc implant was too large for breast envelope. In pre op, whenever I started to ask him uneducated questions he'd stop me. And when I was irrational he'd set me straight. I started freaking out about sizes he firmly reminded me we'd decide in surgery (xchange w Local). In surgery I instantly knew which size. After surgery I thot I wanted big ones back. His staff entertained my thots and played along knowing it was not the real me talking. Both he and his wonderful staff knew that if they said right I'd say left. They knew I was mentally adjusting.

I then realized how irrational I was being and for first time saw that I looked great. My new doctor is brilliant. He freed my body & mind. It is a miracle I found him. Nothing he says or does is random. He sees the big picture and had faith in me. He literally changed my life during that one hour surgery. I'm me again!

I'm one week post op and feel so amazing and they've instantly firmed up! Unbelievable. I wish I knew that downsizing ASAP is the best. I feel taller lighter happier. My life has taken a 180. There's a new aura around me. The artificial one is gone. I can look strangers in the eyes and say "look at me". My confidence has skyrocketed. It's insane how high I feel now.

I really do feel like I've grown a foot and lost 10lbs. My strut is back. I remember saying that I don't feel like I even walk the same and it's true! I even walk different now! People are looking at me and I'm looking back at them with a smile. The nightmare is over and it just keeps getting better. PS said I can ride exercise bike for this week then next week I'm cleared for real exercise. I'm complete! For any girl that feels too big ...you are too big! These new implants feel like me! You body knows if you made the right decision

I'm back to working out and feeling like the old...

I'm back to working out and feeling like the old me. No more pain and suffering. I don't cry anymore and they don't scrare me. I am considering complete explant as I am not sure I like low I look w breasts but I will keep them for a little while and let my mind rest before I make that decision. For the next couple of months I will rest my brain and exercise my body

Before surgery I thought half way between 450 and...

Before surgery I thought half way between 450 and 300 would be a good size but in surgery I chose 300's. I spoke w coordinator today, told her that the 300's are very understated. She agreed that middle size or larger would have been a good choice. Take the edge off the 450's w 400's or go w 375, 350. Either way she said Dr would work w me if I want to upsize. I'm thinking 350, 375 since 400 would be too close to 450's which were too uncomfortable. I'm saving for redo since 300's disappear in clothes and lack upper pole.

Spoke w my Coordinator re: size. She confirmed...

Spoke w my Coordinator re: size. She confirmed that if I want to go up 50cc in future that fine. I do love the 300's. everything has pluses and minuses so if I really feel like thy don't show up in clothes I can change them but perhaps just wearing tighter plunging things will work. I got forlorn for the big ones when I saw pics but then I remembered how uncomfortable they made me. I'm so much happier now and filled w confidence. I'd never go above 350! So glad I found Dr Doan

Spoke w my Coordinator re: size. She confirmed...

Spoke w my Coordinator re: size. She confirmed that if I want to go up 50cc in future that fine. I do love the 300's. everything has pluses and minuses so if I really feel like thy don't show up in clothes I can change them but perhaps just wearing tighter plunging things will work. I got forlorn for the big ones when I saw pics but then I remembered how uncomfortable they made me. I'm so much happier now and filled w confidence. Ill never go back to the 400 range!

I feel amazing. Dr Doan gave me my life back! He...

I feel amazing. Dr Doan gave me my life back! He had a real interest in my dilemma. The other plastic surgeons said it was in my head but the big ones hurt my body and I truly suffered day in and day out bc they were so uncomfortable. Now I can appreciate the benefits if plastic surgery and breast augmentation.

2mos later

I definitely have been bit by the "boobie bug" bc I want more cc's. I miss how my bigger ones had more fullness. I think these are pretty but they don't show up in clothes. I'm gonna wait til end of summer to make a decision. I miss the attention too! Ill add pics soon

Revision to upsize soon

Although small implants are comfortable I'd like to have them bigger. I miss the wow factor. They are nice but lack the fullness in shirts. My PS said he'd upsize me at end of summer. Dr Dian did an amazing scar revision. I am no longer in daily pain. I had keloid hypertrophic scars that were extremely painful

perspective has changed with time

The daily pain I endured from my scarring condition made me miserable. I should have just had the scar revised and left the implants alone. Now that the scar is not painful I miss my curves. The 300's are comfortable and I don't need a bra. There was not stretch marks or loss of elasticity. The PS said he's upsize me. Its funny that before 450's seemed so big but now that I've downsized I realize they not so big. The 400's look small to me, so now I'm considering 425-450's bc Allergans are narrower in diameter so their 450's are 12.4cm whereas my mentors were 12.8cm which is the diameter of an Allergan 500cc; therefore, I may be fine with Allergans 450's. I almost have the money saved up after paying down the last surgery. I will update when I revise my surgery

Revision to 300

I love being smaller and natural. I like that they look perfect for my body and I can wear super low cut tops. My favorite thing is to go braless in my cotton Lily Pulitzer pajamas.

Comfort and longevity vs looks

I really wish coordinators would be the voice of reason playing devils advocate, but I also know that some women just throw caution to the wind and have their mind made up ...myself included. I didn't choose a style that would fit my body and lifestyle. I listened to others around me and ended up ruining a year plus of my life.

Kind of sad

Happy to not have complications but miss my larger implants. My life was just too out of control ...no boyfriend to help me co

Sizes

No boyfriend to help me cope and a stressful career job. It just wasn't right time for me. I would like to go bigger down the road when my life more stable.
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Referral from a patient at my work in Fresno who had already done a background check on him. She and her mother had work done by him. Breast aug and tummy tuck. Very happy w outcome. My surgeon included his resume in the patient info packet.