Outstanding Doctor - Huntersville, NC

Smile lines were very pronounced.

Smile lines were very pronounced.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Had a consultation and a treatment with Dr.D, and overall he is an outstanding doctor. Two highlights from my visit: 1. he did an awesome job with the injectable fillers (the best job I've had - he is an artist). 2. Was very honest about what treatments may and may not work for my condition (melasma). He could have sold me all kinds of things, but his work ethic is at a higher level. He doesn't do any of the "cheap selling" doctors at medspa's tend to do.

I've had Juvederm twice to address smile lines around the mouth area. The first time I had it done was more painful than the first. On 1-10 scale (10 being extremely painful), I'd rate the pain about a 5 for the most recent treatment and about a 7 the first time I had it done a year ago. I had no downtime - just had some small bruising that went away about 2 days after the procedure.

Overall, I think having Juvederm injected is something one has to get done with doctors that do it frequently and have solid experience doing it (they tend to charge a bit more, but its worth it). Doctors with less experience are trained and can do it, but in my experience it is more painful and the results are not the very best.

Hi Mariela,

Thanks so much, for the extra info. Your review has been updated.

Thanks,