24 Year Old-liposuction - Hunt Valley, MD

Had liposuction of abdomen and flanks, yesterday....

Had liposuction of abdomen and flanks, yesterday. So far today just sore getting in and out of bed, or onto/off of a chair etc. Walking around has helped some. I am awful at taking pills so I was prescribed a liquid painkiller instead and only took it once yesterday. I have yet to take anything today. Planning on going back to work on Monday...so we'll see how that goes.

Day 3

Stayed home from work today, just can't get comfortable to sit in a chair for a long period of time. Glanced down at myself tonight with the compression garment removed and didn't see too much bruising. The arnica worked wonders! Make sure you take that as prescribed...it definitely works! Taking the roxicet at night, just a teaspoon to be able to sleep peacefully. Will be home tomorrow as well and hoping to go back to work on Wednesday, but not quite sure how I will manage driving my 30 minute commute work for 8 hours and then make the 30 minute trip back home. It's an awful lot of sitting for someone who can't stay seated for more than a few minutes at a time. Will keep you updated and have try to have pictures taken tomorrow.

Recovery Tips

Just a note...please make sure that you have someone with you to help you take your first shower. I almost passed out twice on Sunday-a lack of food in the morning and then again after getting out of the shower. The compression garment is difficult to have another person out on you with the hook and eye closures and then the zippers on the sides (no way I could get in and out of it if I wanted to). Thankfully, my mom was able to calm me down both times and keep me from passing out. Very scary! Couldn't imagine how much scarier it would have been if I was home alone. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery and will continue to post my experience to help those undergoing liposuction or deciding if it is the right choice for them.
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Alyson Wells and her staff were fabulous! I definitely recommend them.

What type of liposuction did you have, was it traditional? I'm asking because I'm having lipo in 2 weeks and I was under the impression I would be able to go to work in 3 days.
I had regular liposuction. I was put to sleep under general anesthesia where they took out 2 liters of fat.
I think the type of lipo and your body response to the procedure. On day three my sister and I went out to breakfast, shopping, visiting relatives and did not get home until 9pm.
How did ur first day back to work go? I hope well.
Didn't make it in to work today. I have a desk job and can't sit in a chair for more than 5 minutes. Laying down is easier but still painful getting up and down. Hope to go back to work on Wednesday, if I am able to sit still. The car ride in should be fun enough.
I hope your recovery goes well. Im having lipo in a few weeks... I can't wait....Make sure you post plenty of pics