Ultherapy - Think Twice - Houston, TX

I had ulterapy done for the second time ten days...

I had ulterapy done for the second time ten days ago (first time in March 2011). The first time I experienced minor pain and minimal downtime, but did see a bit improvement. The second time was a nightmare. I was not advised beforehand that this would be a much more aggresive treatment with significant downtime. The nurse shot my face up with lidocaine so the pain would be bearable. I had a bad reaction to this drug, but managed to finish the procedure. The worst part is that I experienced nerve damage. Certain facial muscles seem to be paralyzed and my lower lip is now uneven. The doctor assures me that this will heal and go away, which I hope is the case. I would NEVER recommend this treatment. The pain and the risk factor are much more than promoted. Stay away from it.

Dear Ponygirl, I had this done yesterday and also have some lip assymetry when I smile. Could you tell me if this has resolved for you, is it worse or the same? I am very nervous as I am sure you were too. I would really appreciate your feedback
Megan, I believe the drug reaction problem was the ephiphenadrine (sp?) in the lidocaine. My reaction was that I felt cold, light-headed, and my hands shook. The RN said that this was not uncommon. If I'd known everything I know now, I would not have done this procedure. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. :)

That is interesting to hear the RN said it wasn't uncommon. Lidocaine is commonly used in dental procedures and I haven't heard of it happening with that. Regardless, I'm glad you are ok now - and you are soooo right about hindsight!!

My nerve damage is mostly gone, although the area...

My nerve damage is mostly gone, although the area under my chin is still a little numb. I also have two indented scars. One is next to the left side of my lower lip and the other is on the left side of my forehead. I can cover the one on my forehead with bangs but the one next to my lip is a problem. I very much regret getting the procedure and basically feel that I paid a lot money for someone to damage my face. I don't usually post reviews, but sincerely wish for others not to make my mistake.

Thank you for the real life report. I'm so sorry. It is everyone's nightmare. It sounds like it was the drug pain injection that caused the problems, is that right? What caused the indentions ? I'm not clear on what caused the nerve damage and the lips becoming uneven. It sounds like the nurse did Not know what she was doing. xo
Which doctor did you see? Can you email me? Thanks! Hope you feel better!
Nerve damage is better but I have two indented scars on my face. I looked at before and after pictures last week and could not see any improvement. The only difference is the two indented areas on my face.