Spider Veins - Houston, TX

After already being Dr. LoMonaco's patient (had...

After already being Dr. LoMonaco's patient (had surgery earlier this year) I found out about their laser treatment for my spider veins.
I knew from my dermatologist that these can be treated with injections but that is a lengthy and painful process and it has to be done during winter months (if we have these in Houston) because it requires wearing compression tights all the time.
The laser treatment on the other hand is much easier but we weren't sure if it's going to treat the deeper ones.
After just one laser session ~70% of the existing veins were gone and the deeper ones have diminished considerably. The laser treatment is almost non-painful!
If you had laser/IPL treatments for hair removal you'll notice that this is much less painful.
Even if you have deeper veins I think you should consider trying laser first. It's definitely a much easier and less painful option.
Once again, thank you to Sally and Dr.LoMonaco for their family-like care!
AB

Houston Plastic Surgeon

Hi Megan - yes, they did recommend wearing compression stockings afterwards for about 2 weeks. This wasn't a problem since I had no pain after the procedure. The little burns healed up very quickly and I was able to put on the stockings immediately after the laser. Hope this helps.

So glad to hear this helped so much with your spider veins!! Did you have to wear compression tights after the treatment?