Having Swelling Problems - Houston, TX

Hello feeling a little better. I am 42 yrs young....

Hello feeling a little better. I am 42 yrs young. I am 13 days out from full hystertomy/full tt with ab structures/lipo legs and flanks. Doctors also removed 2 tumors and scar tissue from previous surgery last year. I still have my drain tubes but mine are not in the normal places as others just below my hair line below my Scar line. I have dermabond on the incension line which I have to say is wonderful. Some of the glue has come off showing the scar which looks very good. The problem I am running into is swelling in my legs is a problem and lower back pain. My stomach does swell and MOM is now my good friend when needing to go to the bathroom. I was in surgery for 7 hrs and woke up 5 hrs later. I was in the hospital for 5 days which helped me in The recovery process. I know it will get better I am just someone who does not like to sit around and do nothing. Does not help I am OCD :). I the compression garments I could not wear for the first 5 days because of my hystertomy. Can anyone tell me a food plan to help with the swelling?
dr.tri dinh & dr. hobday

Both doctors are wonderful!!

I know it's really important to limit your salt intake. I was amazed at how much sodium is in any kind of processed food so the more you can make yourself, the better you will be. Good luck!
Wow, you had a lot done. What a champ you are. Things I've found effective are lemon water, detox tea by Yogi Teas helps support liver and kidney function which helps with swelling (I started drinking it po 14 days, and it helped a great deal). Food wise, salmon, tuna, kale, and berries are great anti-inflammatory foods. Try to stay away from red meat, processed food and caffeine if at all possible. There's also some great YouTube video on lymphatic massage, which helps with swelling (if youre feeling adventurous). Type in massagebyheatherw. She's incredibly knowledgable. I'll quit rambling on now :)
I tried that lymphatic massage and it really helped with the "hardness" of my abdomen. Still need to exercise more though and watch my diet.
Don't worry - that is actually where the majority of tt drains are placed! Happy healing!