I have decided to go with Dr. Cortes. He was very...

I have decided to go with Dr. Cortes. He was very knowable. And his staff was very polite. Had my consultation today and I paid my deposit! The deposit is $500 then you have time to pay for the balance before the surgery date. If hour pressed for time I suggest making a weekend consult. The wait not bad only about 20 mind.

Obsessed!

I think I am stalking realself!! I am so excited to be getting my TT in July, that I am on here looking at before and after pictures everyday! I get nervous when I see botched jobs, but I believe Dr.Cortes will do a great job!!

Should I or should I not?!

I am so anxious that I am thinking of switching my surgery to a sooner date.
I am thinking of The week before spring break since ny kids will not be in school and it will be easier on my husband. Ready to be on the flat side!

Super Excited!!!

I'm so impatient!!! I have rescheduled my procedure for Feb. 14, 2014!!! That's only 25 days away!!!! Oh my god!!!!

Its getting closer!

18 more days!! Friday I have my pre op visit at the hospital. And then Saturday I have my pre op visit with Dr. Cortes! Super nervous and excited!
-2/14/14

CONGESTED

I am getting nervous!! My surgery is in 2 weeks and i woke up more congested than normal today. I have allergies, so i am typically congested most of the time anyway. I have no other cold symptoms. Will i have to reschedule if i am still congested??? I want to avoid moving the date as much as possible!

12 More days!!!

Counting down the days!

7 more days!!!

I AM READY!!!

1 day and a half to go!!!

Ready or not Friday will be here before I know it!! 2/14/14!!

Today is the day!!!!

Finally the day has come, and I am a nervous wreck!!!!! Ready to be flat again for the first time in many many years!! Wish me luck! :-D

Painful!!!

Ok ladies today is 2.5 days post op and I am in a lot of pain!!! Oh my god I coughed and that was the worse pain I have ever felt in my life. My back is hurting really bad from having to walk hunched over. One thing I suggest you buy is a narrow funnel (found in oil section at walmart) it is the best thing ever to help you when you have to pee.
I have no idea what my belly looks like yet cause I was told not to remove anything til my follow-up. I'm just covered with the girdle and foam pads.

Post op appointment today!

Started feeling a little better today but still walking hunch back. I get to see my belly for the first time today when I go see Dr. Cortes. Right now I just look a big swollen square cause I'm in the girdle and foam! Praying for great results!!!

post op visit

When to the doctor today. Finally saw my tummy and it looks gross. Lol I know it takes time to look good. But, I'm super swollen. I got put in a tight tight girdle until next Monday I can hopefully fit into a smaller one.

Feeling a little down!

My belly is not as tight as I expected, it still feels jiggly. Especially my upper part under the bra line I was supposed to have lipo but it doesn't seem that it was done. Idk doctor says it takes time to see full results and I'm impatient. Hoping my hips go down on the swelling cause they seem a little too big. Hopefully my belly will tighten as it heals. But it is not tight looking like a lot of pics I see here on RS.

Belly! EWWW

Curvy in the front, but the side view is VERY SWOLLEN!!!

Whaaaa!!!

Ok I had a small breakdown this morning and started crying out of frustration. The swelling hurts really bad and my belly looks bigger than before surgery! Any one know what I can do to relieve some of the swelling??

Update pics of today!

At this point I wish I did not do this!! I know it's still too soon but I don't like my new belly. And my hips are too wide now. Praying the swelling goes down and I look somewhat normal again! :-( I text the office this morning twice and I never got a response. In the middle of the night I got a weird burning sensation on the heal of both my feet. Not sure why but it woke me up a few times. Anyone else experience this feeling in their feet??

BEFORE

day 6!

Of course I'm still swollen as expected. But, is the belly supposed to be hard and tight when swollen? Mine is like jelly and hangs when I lean over. But I am starting to move around a lot more with out help. Feel a little better today not as much pain.

Whats next??

Looking at all these ladies with perfect booties is making me want a BBL. I already have a big butt, but my husband says he won't mind a little more. Lol yes he loves butts!!! Maybe in another year. Is a BBL more painful than a tummy tuck and liposuction??

DAY 8

Lower belly swelling still painful! For some reason hurts more in the middle of the night.

Wish Belly!!

DAY 9

Today is day 9 post op. I can get around a little better. Not hunched over very much. Some of my swelling has gone down but, now my belly is more jiggly then the other day. Trying to take it day by day.

Sitting at day 9

I must have the worst luck!

Today or shall I say like 30 minutes ago I had an awful cough. I think it might have tore my muscle repair!! It hurt pretty bad when I coughed, then I had a weird feeling in my belly and it felt loose. And my muscles stopped hurting when I move like 5 minutes after the cough. Ugh hope it's not but I'm calling the doctor's office first thing in the morning.

2 weeks and 4 days!

I have been feeling better. I get really swollen when I'm sitting too long and right after I eat. I am trying really hard to stay away from salty foods. But it's hard to cut it out 100%. I know I have weeks or even months of healing to go. But I still think my stomach could have been pulled tighter. Only time will tell.

3 weeks

I am now 3 weeks post op. Feeling better and better each day. Only thing I am hating is the more my swelling goes down the looser my belly is. Is this normal?

before and at 2 weeks and 3 days pic

The doctor just sent me my most recent pic and asked that I post it.
Anything is better than my before picture, but still hope my skin gets tighter from the tummy tuck.

Just to clear a few things up.

Yes, i know i was FAT before before. NO, i did not go into this procedure thinking i was going to come out looking like a Barbie! I just want a nice flat stomach. I know i am still healing and i know the the swelling will go down. But i doubt the rolls will go down with the swelling. Or the areas where the garment rolls in to my stomach. I am not trying to discourage anyone from getting a tummy tuck. This is my review on MY OWN body, everyone is different. Do not get me wrong, my scar is healing really really good and i am feeling better and better. But i want a tighter tummy. SORRY, i had to vent a little.

today after showering

Sitting in a chair

Today at work.

More pics...

Buldge of fat and skin under my bra area.

1 month post op

I will be one month post op tomorrow morning and I am NOT HAPPY with my results so far!

Tonight after walking

I know anything is better then my before pic. But this is depressing.

Frustrated

No words needed!

One month and 4 days

Went in on Monday and got some shots in my belly for swelling I think. I bruise so easily!

Will be 5 weeks in one day!

Here are some pics I took after my workout. Working out and showering is the only time I take my compression garment off.

Swell Hell

Ok I will try and update pics only once a week instead of every day! Lol
Please inbox me if you have any questions you do not want answered on the feed. Just took these pics about 20 mins ago. And I'm about 5 weeks post op. I hate the swelling so much! Any advice to help ease it? I wear the compression garment all day. I even add a waist cintcher but it don't help much!

Almost 6 weeks!

Here are some pics from today and last night. And shame on the women of realself that think only happy people should post reviews and updates. I think people need to express themselves no matter if they happy or not. Those who are happy congratulations to you and your journey. Those who are not, we are all here to help you get thru the good and the bad so vent away!!

One more pic.

Looks better laying flat.

Forgot to ask a question to the ladies!

How much fat did you have taken out? I had lipo in my upper and lower belly as well as my flanks. My Op report says I had a total of 800cc's removed.

6 weeks today!!!

And yes I have been working out 6 days a week!

6 weeks today!!!

And yes I have been working out 6 days a week! In the morning i take off my garment until I get to work because I have a long drive and it digs in my roll.

New profile pic!!

Finally updated my profile picture of my wonderful hip scar. Still feel the same no changes as of today. I know some might say I should be happy. But I'm not. If I was over 250 lbs pre op then yes I would be thrilled with any result I can get. But I wasn't. I was still big at 185 but still expected a little more. The biggest thing that my husband does not like is my scar placement. It's horrible!!! But if you think it looks great please fill me in on how to wear a bathing suit with out looking hideous!

Pictures

Read the captions on the pics!

More pics

Really this is what 7 weeks looks like! Yup, happy healing to me! I will post pics everyday if I have to if it will help others!

HOW DO YOU POST VIDEOS

Does anyone know how to post videos on here? I try but it don't come out.

*VIDEO*

let me know if you can view this!

Wish i was happy!!!

I really do wish I had a better out come. I was looking forward to this surgery for years! And now I have a new reason to hate my body!

Still can't believe

I am still in disbelief in how bad this was done.

Compression

Anyone know where to buy a good compression garment that is comfortable? The one i have is really uncomfortable under my work clothes. I dress in business clothing and need something that will not show too much with clothes on.

Todays pics and update!

Ok I have been working out everyday about an hour and 15 minutes each day and i'm at 179 as of today. Here are a few pics from this morning.

TODAYS UPDATE

Yesterday I dropped off my garment to be altered and I pick it up tomorrow. Until then I wear one of the older ones. Lately I have been stalking all you women with AWESOME results thank you so much for sharing your journey. I admit I have been getting depressed lately because of my results so far but thanks to the support I get from RS and at home it helps. So thank you ladies!

Just me!

Not much changing

Still not much changing. Last night i started getting a sharp pain in my lower right side of my belly. Anyone else have this pain?? I kinda slipped up and had a few drinks on the weekend when i went out with some friends and that made me super swollen the next day. And on top of that i started my cycle so that means double the swelling!!!! Anyway, I have still been working out and now my scale does not want to move and i change it up too. All i drink is water only water!! And i am getting a dog ear on my left side toward the end of my incision! Other than that not too much going on. Will post updated pics soon.

Pictures!

Words just can't explain how I feel anymore!

Finally a positive update!

Ok fellow bloggers! I had a consult with an amazing Dr. In Kingwood today. Yes I still am not happy with my body, but there is hope! My incision on my hip can be fixed!! I am posting a pic of a marking he did. Knowing that I do not have to live with this horrific scar made my day! I will also need a little skin taken off from the lower front to even it out since it is not even. And I DO need lipo on my upper abdomen area. He said most of my swelling is gone but I do still have a little bit of swelling. Although I already knew that. I will return to this doctor in 3 months for my quote when I am fully healed. I love how the doctor gave me a brief explanation about his experience and practice before the actual consult started. And to top it off the staff was amazing!!

Pictures

4 Months,1 week and still not happy!!

Not much has changed. I do not come on here very much because i do have a job, husband, and kids to attend. Anyway, I see alot of recent TT ladies with great results from various doctors, and congrats to you for taking a step to a new you!!
I am still not happy with my hips. In clothes i was just as curvy as i am now. But......I guess on my sides too much lipo was done on one side that it is lumpy and deflated looking. the other side looks pretty normal. If i have a girdle on it kinda makes everything look a little more even but it is too damn hot in Houston to be wearing a girdle all day everyday. I expected to be happy by now. I am happy about one thing and that is no more panties rolling under my c-section belly flap anymore. LOL
I am still at 179 not much chaning there. But i do have Hypothyroidism and that makes it a little hard for me to drop weight but i may be getting my meds adjusted in a week or so.
I do have a dog ear. It is on the same side where my hip is a little deflated and i am hoping i can at least get that removed by the new doctor by the end of the year. All the other mistakes will have to be fixed at a later date when i have the funds. One last thing that bugs me is an area on my lower belly. It looks swollen all the time above and below my incision in only one spot. No matter what i do it does not go down and i hate it!!!! I was told by the new doctor that it did not look like it was swelling so not sure what it is. I am just ready to move past all the regrets.
I will try and post pics later today or over the weekend. I just do not want to depend on wearing a girdle or corset to look right or even.

About to by 5 months post

Hi ladies, i am going to be 5 months post of on Friday. As of this morning i am 174 lbs. I am still unhappy with the area under my bra where i have a huge roll! And i guess i had a little too much lipo on one flank that i am lopsided on that side. Also, i have said before that i brought up a concern a few months ago to the Dr. about the mons area not getting lipo, and i was told i needed to be patient and that it was done and only swollen due to the procedure. Well after over a month of waiting to get my full medical record from their office i read on his notes that it was not checked off, so i am sure it was not done cause it was not on the list. So, no matter how patient i am, it was not going to change. I am really upset and dissappointed while reading the doctors notes. He stated that i was told to lose 20-30 lbs before surgery. LOL He did not tell me to lose not one pound.I was never told anything about my weight until i voiced a concern. I would not have spent so much money if i knew i would get shity results. I had my 4th kid in 2006, i am sure i could have waited a little longer if i was told to lose weight before surgery.

On the upside, i doubt a dog ear can be prevented, so no blame on anyone for that. Going to my follow-up next month with my new doctor to see what needs to be done to correct it and how much it will cost me.

Well that was just a little venting!
Will be posting updated pics soon!

More Money!!!

Ok, i have been so busy i have not had time to come update. The only thing i am happy about is that my panties do not roll under my old c-section scar. I still have a low belly button and my hips are not even. One side looks really bad. I can manage to make it look normal in certain clothes as long as they are really tight.
Ok, my cost to get everything fixed that was either not done or done crappy is $9,900.00! Can you beleive that? It will cost more to fix the mistake then it cost to put it there!!
Anyway, i am only going to get my scar placement fixed maybe in the begining of the year. That will cost me $3,400. But i am so insecure now with my scar on my hips where it should not be. Looks like a roller coaster on my hips. I still have a bubble of fat on my lower belly that i was told was swelling, but it is not swelling at all. And YES, i still workout like a mad woman! I am now down to 171, but that is not helping the fact that this surgery was not what i expected. And yes i know it was not a weight loss surgey. I did not expect to come out looking like a swimsiut model. But i expected to be able to wear a swimsuit. I can't even wear a normal one since my scar placement is horrible. I still need to upload some updated pics i will do that soon.
Please feel free to PM any questions.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

I'm so sorry it's going to cost so much to get what you want, that's horrible! And I agree that I have never seen scar placement on the hips! Sweetie hang in there, I still think you look good! I'm goin through a bit of regret, unhappiness so I get it! Xo thanks for sharing your story, look forward to seeing your updated photos :)
I am sorry to read that your experience was not as good as mine. Did you research his web site before booking the procedure? The reason I ask is because he very clearly states in a video that TT is not a weight loss treatment. With the health craze going on in America today, nearly everyone knows what their BMI should be. It sounds to me that dyou blame Dr. Cortez for something that you had 100% control over. (weight loss would produce more loss flabby skin that could be removed). I am just venting as well as I hate to see a wonderful practise be vilified. I hope you habe better results next time round.
Was he your doctor, cause looks like you just created your profile. Anyway. I clearly stated in my post that i KNOW this was not for weightloss. Never did i once blame him for my weight, you must not be reading something right. Yes i researched him and did not see one picture with a TT scar on someone hips. Also if my weight was an issue, dont you think he should have mentioned that before taking my money?? At my lowest i was 149 so clearly i could of lost weight before surgery if that was made a REQUIREMENT! But my weight was never an issue until I had concerns. Thank you!
I appreciate your post and you are absolutely correct that we should be free to express our loves and concerns here on RS. Truly, that's the meaning of collaboration. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this and please keep us updated on your new doc.
Thank you very much!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thanks sweetie for your review. I am considering a tt and live in the area but I will not be going to him. I hope you finally get Hgb e results your desire. May I ask the name of your new ps in Kenwood? Thanks
Your Welcome, Sorry its in Kingwood. I will inbox you. I didn't really want to put his info here casue i don't think he is on RS.
Who's your new doctor? Keep your chin up, I'm sure with a revision you will look great! Have you started exercising? I'm planning on doing that, as soon as I get cleared. You look great already and a revision will only make things better!
Hi! My new doc in in Kingwood, but i do not think he os on RS. And yes ma'am, i been working out since a few weeks post op. Dr. Cortes actually told me to work out at like 2 weeks post op, but my body was not ready for all that. Thank you! I am looking forward to getting the little issues corrected! How are you doing post op?
I'm doing great. Thanks to y'all! For posting your experiences! A little tired but I'm very happy with my surgeon! You should visit him!
Thats, right you did go to the other doc after all. I am gonna inbox you. Thanks for the info.
Hey Hun...KEEP VOICING your CONCERNS for others CAN READ and STAY AWAY from this DOC...and, dog ears occurs due to the technique used...
Thanks! Oh ok, and i was told my incision is Practically on my thigh to avoid that.
Thats not right! Sorry you didn't have a positive experience. Hope you can get past it.
Thank you very much! i am working it!

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Im new to this site but I've read other bad reviews about Dr Cortes. Hope things improve for you
Thank you! Yeah i see more and more.
Hey hun, I have the same problem you have. I have extra skin and fat above my belly button and now that the swelling is completely gone, it doesn't look good when I sit down. I have overhang :( It looks much better, but not the way I had hoped/prayed. I've lost a lot of weight and my skin isn't as elastic as a lot of other people so I kinda knew it wasn't going to be perfect....BUT, it still stings to not look like you envision yourself. Sometimes it takes more than 1 procedure, but it sounds like your Dr. maybe didn't handle any of this in a professional manner...just my humble opinion. I hope you do get the results you're wanting. It's a lot to go thru to not feel good about your body in the end. ((hugs))
Thank you! Yes i know. It was not what i expected at all. I am very very dissappointed. I am also dissapointed on how i was treated after i came forward with my first concern. In stead of being caring and attentive he was very defensive and rude. I know i had to live and learn. I hope your doctor takes care of your concerns. ((HUGS))
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I totally agree with everything you say Nani...you've come a long way though. I can see you've helped yourself to look a lot better than how he left you after surgery. Congrats on that! You're doing great so far...keep it up! Save up! I hope some day you and the other 3 will get to fix his mistakes. All the best Hun!
Thank you so much!!! Hoping to have some of this fixed with in the next 2 years. Thank you!!! XOXO