I have decided to go with Dr. Cortes. He was very...

I have decided to go with Dr. Cortes. He was very knowable. And his staff was very polite. Had my consultation today and I paid my deposit! The deposit is $500 then you have time to pay for the balance before the surgery date. If hour pressed for time I suggest making a weekend consult. The wait not bad only about 20 mind.
Welcome future Cortes Doll!!! Im glad you had a good experience with Cortes and the staff
Thank you, I am so excited to be getting a flat yummy again. I have seen a few bad reviews bug more good ones. I'm super nervous!

Obsessed!

I think I am stalking realself!! I am so excited to be getting my TT in July, that I am on here looking at before and after pictures everyday! I get nervous when I see botched jobs, but I believe Dr.Cortes will do a great job!!

Should I or should I not?!

I am so anxious that I am thinking of switching my surgery to a sooner date.
I am thinking of The week before spring break since ny kids will not be in school and it will be easier on my husband. Ready to be on the flat side!
When is your surgery schedule for? Mine is June 17th with him also!!! I'm nervous but excited at the same time! Looks like we are going to be recovering at the same time! Good luck!
Thanks! Scheduled for July 2nd, but I'm so ready and I think I'm going to move it up to May or June. Are you getting a Tummy Tuck?
your in good hands :)

Super Excited!!!

I'm so impatient!!! I have rescheduled my procedure for Feb. 14, 2014!!! That's only 25 days away!!!! Oh my god!!!!
OmG! I'll keep you in my thoughts!!! In really excited for you. Keep us updated and post pictures.
Thank you! I will post before and after pics. I am so nervous! I thought I was rescheduling for May but they said 2/14/14 and I got sick to my stomach! Lol didn't expect it to be so soon. But I am more than ready!!

Its getting closer!

18 more days!! Friday I have my pre op visit at the hospital. And then Saturday I have my pre op visit with Dr. Cortes! Super nervous and excited!
-2/14/14

CONGESTED

I am getting nervous!! My surgery is in 2 weeks and i woke up more congested than normal today. I have allergies, so i am typically congested most of the time anyway. I have no other cold symptoms. Will i have to reschedule if i am still congested??? I want to avoid moving the date as much as possible!

12 More days!!!

Counting down the days!

7 more days!!!

I AM READY!!!
I just realized that your surgery is ok valentine's day. I'm sure it will be great! Have you bought anything to prepare for surgery?
Yes Valentines Day!! Less than 6 days away! I bought a chair from Walmart that's about it. I will be going Monday to buy antibiotic cream, bandages and stuff like that. Not too sure what else I will need. I'm really nervous!!!!

1 day and a half to go!!!

Ready or not Friday will be here before I know it!! 2/14/14!!
Ahhhhhhhhh, tomorrow is the day!!!!! Sending flat thoughts your way, keep us posted!!
I know!! Super excited!!!!!! Thanks!
Best valentines day gift to yourself!!!

Today is the day!!!!

Finally the day has come, and I am a nervous wreck!!!!! Ready to be flat again for the first time in many many years!! Wish me luck! :-D
Good luck to you! Happy healing.
Thank you ladies! It is very painfully!! I have no idea what it look s like under the girdle and foam.
Wishing you a happy healing. Im pretty sure your looking good under there. My surgey with Cortes is Wednesday. Keep us updated doll

Painful!!!

Ok ladies today is 2.5 days post op and I am in a lot of pain!!! Oh my god I coughed and that was the worse pain I have ever felt in my life. My back is hurting really bad from having to walk hunched over. One thing I suggest you buy is a narrow funnel (found in oil section at walmart) it is the best thing ever to help you when you have to pee.
I have no idea what my belly looks like yet cause I was told not to remove anything til my follow-up. I'm just covered with the girdle and foam pads.
I'm glad everything went well! Let us know what the doctor says tomorrow and keep posting pictures. I'm nervous about the pain, how does it compare to child labor? Lol! I'm getting anxious and also feeling guilty that I won't be able to do anything fun with my kids airing my vacation because of recovery
Thanks, I am anxious to see what my tummy looks like but I will see it tomorrow. I had all 4 of my kids via c-section. And this is worse than a c-section. I know everyone is gonna feel different but it does hurt a lot!!!! And my back hurts a lot since I am walking around hunched. Yeah I feel bad for the kiddos cause they are here just running around. Lol but my husband is being a huge helper with everything. I will try and take another pic tomorrow, it's just really hard to do hunched. And I am walking around with a walker for back support!
So sorry to hear about your pain it will soo get better. I asked Dr Cortes foe tgw Exparel pain blocker injections I had to pay $300 more but he say he works very very well. Its suppose to block the pain for atleast the first five days. My surgery is Wednesday so I shall see how good it works

Post op appointment today!

Started feeling a little better today but still walking hunch back. I get to see my belly for the first time today when I go see Dr. Cortes. Right now I just look a big swollen square cause I'm in the girdle and foam! Praying for great results!!!
Cant wait to see your new tummy. Im just as excited as you!! Lol. So glad your feeling better

post op visit

When to the doctor today. Finally saw my tummy and it looks gross. Lol I know it takes time to look good. But, I'm super swollen. I got put in a tight tight girdle until next Monday I can hopefully fit into a smaller one.
pics!!!
Not much too see now. It's swollen and gross looking. I feel like a sausage stuffed in this new girdle. :-/
What do you mean by gross? Is it flat? How is your scar?

Feeling a little down!

My belly is not as tight as I expected, it still feels jiggly. Especially my upper part under the bra line I was supposed to have lipo but it doesn't seem that it was done. Idk doctor says it takes time to see full results and I'm impatient. Hoping my hips go down on the swelling cause they seem a little too big. Hopefully my belly will tighten as it heals. But it is not tight looking like a lot of pics I see here on RS.
Please share pictures when you can, so we can get a better idea of what you are saying! In sure it will be fine, but in scared too that I won't be patient.
I will post one when I shower tonight. The girdle is so tight my husband has to help me get it on and off. My muscles don't hurt as much any more it's mainly the swelling now and lipo area that hurts. :-/

Belly! EWWW

Curvy in the front, but the side view is VERY SWOLLEN!!!

It is wayyyy to early to be concerned about results. You've read other sites and you know the first few days we all freak then in a few weeks you start to see real results
You right, I'm just scared this is how it's gonna look. My scar is pretty far back too. Probably about 6 inches past my sided. And one side is higher than the other. It's so much work to get the girdle on and off that I forget to take pics. I pray it gets better!!

Whaaaa!!!

Ok I had a small breakdown this morning and started crying out of frustration. The swelling hurts really bad and my belly looks bigger than before surgery! Any one know what I can do to relieve some of the swelling??
Stop stressing maam. You kno deep inside it is too early for you to be freaking, You JUST had Major Surgery. Calm down. Relax. Catch up on some reading/ tv :)
I can imagine how frustrating it is but try to be patient. From what I understand, things tend to get (or look) worse before they get better. Hang in there!!
Thank you! I am trying my best to hang in there.

Update pics of today!

At this point I wish I did not do this!! I know it's still too soon but I don't like my new belly. And my hips are too wide now. Praying the swelling goes down and I look somewhat normal again! :-( I text the office this morning twice and I never got a response. In the middle of the night I got a weird burning sensation on the heal of both my feet. Not sure why but it woke me up a few times. Anyone else experience this feeling in their feet??
Besides your feeling that your having and I do feel really bad that your having I do see a hourglass forming...well feel better.
Hey lovely, what was your before, Is your stomach better than before? Also why is the scar on thighs did you ask for that. ..will panties cover?
I will post a before pic right now. No I didn't ask for it. I was told it would be hip to hip not sure why he went back so far. I will post a before with no clothes and one with.

BEFORE

Girl.... The way you're feeling, I had the same exact feelings. Believe me. I even stayed off of realself just because I kept comparing myself to other women who looked flat as of 4 weeks post op. I hated it too. One thing I do want to tell you is, STAY FAITHFUL TO THE GARMENT, YOU MUST. I'm going to wear mine til maybe 6 months post op. I love that thing. I also wear a waist cincher over it. I love the compressed feel plus when you eat, makes you full alot faster ;) it is a huge emotional roller coaster ride... i know, I've been there.
I sent you a message
Some of the hips will go down I don't know the exact numbers but 100% of what's injected doesn't live. I think you are going to really like your results if you can just make it through the first few days of emotional roller coaster. How was your skin tone before? Surgery doesn't change the elasticity of your skin. To be honest I think your looking great I can definitely see the coke bottle showing. IMO, take a break. Stop analyzing, give it a second. You didn't pull Dr Cortes out of a raffle you chose him because you like his work. Have faith in your decision and BE PATIENT. Your gonna be turning heads before you know it. Hugs

day 6!

Of course I'm still swollen as expected. But, is the belly supposed to be hard and tight when swollen? Mine is like jelly and hangs when I lean over. But I am starting to move around a lot more with out help. Feel a little better today not as much pain.

Whats next??

Looking at all these ladies with perfect booties is making me want a BBL. I already have a big butt, but my husband says he won't mind a little more. Lol yes he loves butts!!! Maybe in another year. Is a BBL more painful than a tummy tuck and liposuction??

DAY 8

Lower belly swelling still painful! For some reason hurts more in the middle of the night.

Wish Belly!!

DAY 9

Today is day 9 post op. I can get around a little better. Not hunched over very much. Some of my swelling has gone down but, now my belly is more jiggly then the other day. Trying to take it day by day.
Hang in there.
Thanks girl, I am! How is your recovery going?

Sitting at day 9

Hey girl!!! I felt the exact same way as you the first few weeks. I was so swollen when I sat in my car for the first time post-op and my husband slammed the door after helping me sit the door literally bounced back!!! ( I was in so much pain I almost killed him). I felt like a huge inflated balloon from the Macy's parade!!! I used arkina forte, I bought it at my doctor's office and it really helped!! Also stay away from salt and eat as much pineapple as you can! Little by little you will see the results!! Btw I heard the BBL hurts but not as much as a TT. I was so ready to go back for my breasts, but sadly my surgeon passed away ( I'm still shocked and so sad!!) now I think I will never do my boobs, I trusted him so much I don't think I will ever feel the same with another doctor.
Hi! Thanks so much! I also feel like a big blimp! And I did experience the extra bloatfrom eating too much salt, I felt like I was 20 months preggo!! Lol and, I started taking the arnika pill 2 days before my surgery. I bought it from my surgeons office, but I think it says it's for the bruising. Does pineapple help with the swelling? So sorry about your doc! I think I did read a post in someone's else's feed about a doctor passing away,. So so sorry to hear that. Thanks again for your comment!
By the way, your belly looks awesome!!!! Love it! :-)

I must have the worst luck!

Today or shall I say like 30 minutes ago I had an awful cough. I think it might have tore my muscle repair!! It hurt pretty bad when I coughed, then I had a weird feeling in my belly and it felt loose. And my muscles stopped hurting when I move like 5 minutes after the cough. Ugh hope it's not but I'm calling the doctor's office first thing in the morning.
Hey hun. What did Dr Cortes tell you yesterday about your muscle repair? ?
He said he didn't think so, but not sure. Will have to keep an eye on it. Still swollen and still feel a lot of loose skin to me. But I am being patient I am only 2 weeks and 4 days post.
Hello. I want to know how it's going I'm having a tt with dr.cortes and I'm scared I'm almost wanting to back out of it. Please updates please.

2 weeks and 4 days!

I have been feeling better. I get really swollen when I'm sitting too long and right after I eat. I am trying really hard to stay away from salty foods. But it's hard to cut it out 100%. I know I have weeks or even months of healing to go. But I still think my stomach could have been pulled tighter. Only time will tell.
Hmmm...my friend had a tt in colombia and she had the same problem like your having right now she was faithful to that garment tho and her skin stuck good no she has a flat belly now it's been about 2 years and her skin is still pretty tight. I'm scared I go in next week my thing is if I look the same after the tt but now with a huge scar! Yikes!!! I still have mix feelings I'm driving from far to. I hear he's good at what he does this is why I decided to take this trip and do it with him..good luck Chica keep putting updates and pics I want to know...
Hi, oh I am super faithful to the garment and I wear a waist cincher on top of that. I wear it day and night. The only time I take it off is to shower or wash it. My skin is not tight. But it has it's moments where it looks really good and really bad. Hoping time will heal me well. Good luck to your on ur procedure!! I have had mixed emotions from day one. But I guess anything is better them the hanging skin I had before. Looking forward to the end result!
*sight..I'm going to guess your skin will stick (hopefully) ! Well thanks ill see how mine goes..I've been having mix feelings when I started reading all these reviews like am I going to regret it ? Idk..I guess we will see...Thursday 13 my day. I'll update !

3 weeks

I am now 3 weeks post op. Feeling better and better each day. Only thing I am hating is the more my swelling goes down the looser my belly is. Is this normal?
Your PS should be able to evaluate your results after a certain amount of time and determine if you need a revision. I have seen a few women on here who had loose skin after the procedure and it was because they had more skin that needed to be removed and one lady thought she was getting a full TT and found out all she got was a mini tuck without MR. But all of the ladies on here had a PS that revised their work free of charge.
Yes I think I can't until 6 months or so. I think I will need one if my skin gets looser as the swelling continues to go down. But I'm afraid of the cost. I will have to save all over again depending on the fees. :-( but I'm only 3 weeks so I have a long way to go!
Yes you do have a long way to go. There should be no cost to you for a revision. Because it is the PS fault for not evaluating your body correctly and removing enough skin the first time. How you are feeling now is a fear I have about my own upcoming surgery. I just want them to take it all right away, no going back, except maybe a dog ear revision.

before and at 2 weeks and 3 days pic

The doctor just sent me my most recent pic and asked that I post it.
Anything is better than my before picture, but still hope my skin gets tighter from the tummy tuck.
You 're recovering nicely!
Thank you, not the results i want yet. But the scar is healing very well.
How muh are you weighting now and before the surgery?

Just to clear a few things up.

Yes, i know i was FAT before before. NO, i did not go into this procedure thinking i was going to come out looking like a Barbie! I just want a nice flat stomach. I know i am still healing and i know the the swelling will go down. But i doubt the rolls will go down with the swelling. Or the areas where the garment rolls in to my stomach. I am not trying to discourage anyone from getting a tummy tuck. This is my review on MY OWN body, everyone is different. Do not get me wrong, my scar is healing really really good and i am feeling better and better. But i want a tighter tummy. SORRY, i had to vent a little.
Hey love! Be patient, your results are looking better and better by the day! It's too early to consider a revision. My doctor always said to determine if a revision was needed we would have to wait 8 months to a year. As far as the scar is very thin, with time you will see it less and less. As far as the scar I bought a silicon someone from here recommended and have been using it twice a day for 1 week. I already see a difference. If you want to look into it is Bicorneum ( its a little pricey but the way I see it, after spending so many thousands a couple extra hundreds in creams and girdles wont hurt) lol. I've also heard Mederma works great and I think its cheaper. Ask your doctor to see if you are ready to apply scar reducing treatments yet. You already look much better!! Your shape looks better and I love your side view! Your booty is sticking out!! Stay positive, you are only 3 weeks post-op, the best os yet to come!! Best wishes!!!
Thank you. When did you start using the scar treatment?
Hey hunny!!! You have every right to your own opinion and Outlook but shuga you are looking good Heyyyyyy

today after showering

Sitting in a chair

MomNeedingMakeover - I love your 3 week post op pics. Your belly looks tight and flat. That is what i was expecting mine would have looked like. You look AWESOME!!!
I know you aren't happy yet but I do think you will get there and for what it's worth I think you look good. Even super skinny chicks have rolls when they sit **please stop by and check out my updated TT review**
Yeah, i know but i have too many rolls still for post tummy tuck thou and I was expecting flat. My belly should not roll over my pants after a full tummy tuck. Gonna post a picture in my work clothes sitting down in a minute. Oh well time will tell, I can always get a revision if it is not tight after im completely healed. But, Thank you! I am going your review now! Did you post pics?

Today at work.

Yup... that's exactly how i look too. I know it should've been taken off. I don't want excuses anymore. Ugh.
Looks like we are on the same boat! I am already looking forward to a redo!
Yeah I agree with you that he should've made your tummy tight and flat. I've seen bigger girls on here with flat tummies post surgery. Hope he fixes that for you. But you already look fab and curvy, so you'll look even more fab once he flattens your tummy more! All the best!!!

More pics...

Buldge of fat and skin under my bra area.
Don't apologize for anything, this is YOUR JOURNEY….what you are going through, what you are experiencing. I'm very grateful for your honesty. Thanks again for sharing.
Thank you!!
Wishing you all the best :)

1 month post op

I will be one month post op tomorrow morning and I am NOT HAPPY with my results so far!
I'm sorry about your outcome; I've gone to Dr. Cortes's website and looked at his gallery of TT results, and I have to say, I am NOT impressed with his work at all! Also, I've seen several with the same odd, downturned incision on the sides, and I wonder just why he would do it this way when it certainly won't give the results desired, which is to hide the scar by a bikini! His results are below par with so many doctors' results I've seen; I would have been very upset at the outcome, too...good luck with your revisions.

Tonight after walking

I know anything is better then my before pic. But this is depressing.
How do you feel overall? Are you swollen? Do you have any feeling on your belly? Is your scar closed completely? Are you back to normal? I think you look great, if that means anything. You look and your belly button looks really natural.
Overall I feel ok, I am happy with my lower belly area. It's the top that I hate. I was supposed to get lipo and I didn't there. So I need to ask again why did I not get it if I paid for it. No my belly is not numb I have almost normal feeling there. My scar is completely closed and I was able to start light jogging. And yes I love that my belly button is looking normal. Thank you! :-)
Hi! I just wanted to send you a few encouraging words. I am l also a Cortes Doll. I had a tummy tuck with liposuction to the back & flanks. I also has fat transfer to the hips as well on Nov 29th 2013. I can relate to all those different emotions you are experiencing. I was super swollen post op. My hips felt huge. .I was like what have I done to myself. I was bigger post op than before my surgery. It was pure swelling. I am almost 4 months post op..& I love my results! You will NOT BE SORRY! Be patient & trust the process! I had a 36 inch waist before surgery. .now its a 28!! My biggest suggestion is to keep your compression garment on almost 24 / 7. If it gets loose, get a smaller one. My husband can't keep his hands & his eyes off me. So Guess what..I'm Always Strutting In Front Of him! So be encouraged..This too shall pass!

Frustrated

No words needed!
VGar2014, thank you for sharing your results with all of us. I personally think that your results are fantastic. It's a marked improvement from your before pic, but I understand that you would have wanted a tighter result. If you want to seek a third opinion, you should do that but don't forget to obtain a fourth opinion as well. I would hate for some unethical PS to operate on you knowing that you would again get the same results. I'm wondering how much weight you gained and lost with your pregnancies. We have all seen lots of women here who were much bigger and got better results, but those women have not posted pictures of themselves sitting down and we don't how lax their skin might be.
Thank you for your comment! I going to wait it out until I at 6 month mark to get any other opinions. I am really happy with the lower belly area. But the rest time will tell. He's a great PS based on a few people I taked to so I will have faith and wait it out with the healing process. But yes, I look WAY better the. Before. My weight was up and down no more than 215 about 6 years ago. I found out I have a hypo through and when I got it In Control I went down to 149, but managed to gain weight again and when I went into surgery I was at 185. Each pregnancy I gained about 30-40 lbs. and all 4 were c-sections. So that pretty much ruined my belly. Yesterday I got 6 injections in my belly for swelling so hoping it helps out. And I have been jogging with no pain what so ever. And yes I see a lot of reviews with no pics so I honestly don't believe those reviews, cause the way I see it is that if your so happy show it! Thanks again! :-)
Okay. I'm glad to see you're being optimistic. Your skin has been through a lot. I only have two kids and no c-sections. I gained about 30 pounds during my pregnancies as well. I hope things continue to look better! Speedy recovery to you!

One month and 4 days

Went in on Monday and got some shots in my belly for swelling I think. I bruise so easily!
Thank you so much! Did you have a TT done?

Will be 5 weeks in one day!

Here are some pics I took after my workout. Working out and showering is the only time I take my compression garment off.
You look great! I never seen a scar that goes down the hip. I think you probably need some liposuction.
Thank you! I am going to try working out first, that should take care of some of the fat just not the skin.

Swell Hell

Ok I will try and update pics only once a week instead of every day! Lol
Please inbox me if you have any questions you do not want answered on the feed. Just took these pics about 20 mins ago. And I'm about 5 weeks post op. I hate the swelling so much! Any advice to help ease it? I wear the compression garment all day. I even add a waist cintcher but it don't help much!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi Ms Lilyflower00. I guess you are the only one complaining. Can you tell me who is this "Board certified plastic surgeon" you talked about so I can have a serious conversion with him and sue him for defamation. My practice have at the moment 230 reviews in realself and counting. I perform close to 1000 cosmetic procedures a year. We have more than 98% patient satisfaction rate. I guess you have nothing better to do. If you are going to make those claim please provide names so the community can call this plastic surgeon for comments regarding my training, expertise and your claims.
YOu should have the name of each plastic surgeon I went to visit, as they all requested my records. I do know there are not many bad reviews, but, trust me there are some. As more and more people tend to email privately, we are talking and finding out there are more unhappy ladies out there. I have plenty more to! It is extremely frustrating because it is not the fact that you did not do good work on me! It is the fact that you never took responsibility for it! and offered to make it better. It is the fact that instead of allowing me to express concerns, you became short, and called them complaints! Please do take a moment to see before and after pictures, and honestly say that those were good results! Then again, I'm pretty sure what you would say next. It is not defamation, it is my reality!

Almost 6 weeks!

Here are some pics from today and last night. And shame on the women of realself that think only happy people should post reviews and updates. I think people need to express themselves no matter if they happy or not. Those who are happy congratulations to you and your journey. Those who are not, we are all here to help you get thru the good and the bad so vent away!!

One more pic.

Looks better laying flat.
Hello, you look awesome. Your results are getting better. Yes I agree shame on the women that think they should only post happy things. However shame on the woman that should only post negative things. Grabbing, pulling on your stomach, sitting down on the toilet then bathtub and CONSTANTLY complaining about your tummy was just starting to be redundant! ! Vent honey by all means but don't get mad when we're tired of hearing it. All I was saying was share your story it's your experience so share it but be positive too. You honestly look great u really do. I have empathy for you because I want this to be a great journey for you in the end but I don't have sympathy for you because YOU have too see what we see. It's like the story about the man in darkness he complained so much about being in it that he didn't see the flash light next to him. Not here on your page to start a debate and honestly I hope things get better and you see what you paid for. Happy healing! :)
Hi VGar2014. I feel terrible for you. This is such a scary thing to put yourself through that not getting the results you want must be terrible. I have seen much heavier ladies on this site get much better results. It doesn't seem like things turned out the way they are supposed to. In addition, i think it’s pretty tacky that your doctor asks you to post before and after pictures on this site?? Seriously, getting super defensive and attacking another poster – doesn’t he have anything better to do? You paid a lot of money and I’m sorry for that. I might save up and go somewhere else. He doesn’t seem to be very professional. You on the other hand seem so sweet I hope that things turn around for you.
Thank you for your support! :-)

Forgot to ask a question to the ladies!

How much fat did you have taken out? I had lipo in my upper and lower belly as well as my flanks. My Op report says I had a total of 800cc's removed.
I have posted what I do like and what I am happy about. Everyone wants to also concentrate on what I'm not happy about. Believe me I know no one likes to hear the bad I got an ear full at my last appointment about this, and was not happy about That either. And I do not like being treated different because of how I feel. Believe me I hope I am happy at the end cause your right this wasn't cheap! Pictures do not always tell a whole story. Happy to hear someone is satisfied! I like to read and see all the good and bad, not judging anyone.
N I believe that, I really and truly want this to turn around for you because this journey in it self is hard. I am here for support and definitely don't want you to feel like your alone. I had a day maybe two when I just wished I didn't do it and cried about tummy and I looked at my old pics and began to remember how I cried about my tummy then. So I had to really self evaluate and began changing my mindset. You are entitled to feel how you feel and no I won't see what you see but what I do see is that you do look good.
No doubt that so far this is better than my before. I would never want to go back to my before look! I am complaining about only one area. But he don't want to hear it. I do wish I was one of the instant happy patients. Cause the ones that are not happy yet are also treated differently outside of realself. But I am trying to better myself. The doctor told me to workout at about 3 weeks post op but I was not ready. I been working out almost every day for the past week and a half. So I'm going to do my part on this journey. Again, you look great and I'm sure it will just look better with time! ~Thanks!

6 weeks today!!!

And yes I have been working out 6 days a week!

6 weeks today!!!

And yes I have been working out 6 days a week! In the morning i take off my garment until I get to work because I have a long drive and it digs in my roll.
I think your wrong lily just bc you came out bad doesn't mean he does a bad job I got what you got and I'm good so far!! It's also our body type and you didn't have curves to begin with so you couldn't expect to come out looking like jlo or kim k. I think your expectations where to high. My tummy tuck is great I'm also watching what I eat so I won't gain weight bc I didn't pay so much money to get fat again. SORRY but it's true. You should have got an implant to help round your breast. Sorry I'm honest. No hard feelings I hope
It's great that your results came out as you wanted them too. But Lilly and about 6 others are not happy do far and counting, yes it does have to do with out bodies but no one here expected to look like Kim K or Jlo. They are know for their asses not tummy.
To poormomofthree, If your post is in response to my post, I am 100% supportive of VGAR2014 posts. I just meant for her to stay positive, even though some around her may not be.

New profile pic!!

Finally updated my profile picture of my wonderful hip scar. Still feel the same no changes as of today. I know some might say I should be happy. But I'm not. If I was over 250 lbs pre op then yes I would be thrilled with any result I can get. But I wasn't. I was still big at 185 but still expected a little more. The biggest thing that my husband does not like is my scar placement. It's horrible!!! But if you think it looks great please fill me in on how to wear a bathing suit with out looking hideous!
It don't look like he gave you any liposuction, honey. I hope it gets better for you with time. Try not to stress so much. Make sure you use the scar treatment also.
I agree! My operative report says I got 800cc on my belly, flanks, and upper belly area total! Thank you!
Okay, yeah you just convinced me now that he did not do a good job. 800cc's is not enough. Just think about when women go in for a BBL and how they have 1000cc's put into just one but cheek! And that's AFTER half of the fat is processed. Man I sure hope my PS removes more then 800cc's :(

Pictures

Read the captions on the pics!
Yes you are still swollen just like I am at 9 weeks. It took me about 4 months with my bbl to go down and 6 months to see my final result. Hang tight!
Hang in there and thanks for sharing you story. It's your courage showing us the before and after that helps those of us are are undecided on doctors in the same area, choose who we want to go to. That being said, I hope your doctor realizes he has a huge audience and will do the needful should you decide a revision is necessary.
That's what we're trying to point out, to make sure to do your research and ask a lot of questions. It's awful that there's not only 1 of us that are complaining, there's quite a few.

More pics

Really this is what 7 weeks looks like! Yup, happy healing to me! I will post pics everyday if I have to if it will help others!
You are so right!! He says i am just impatient! Girl, i am already gonna be 7 weeks post op and i am still fat with ROLLS!! Right after surgery i was 193 due to all the fluid. And Now i am at 182 and i will look fat. I know better and i know it should have been a better result. He said everyone has rolls even after a tummy tuck. Uh no i do not see any good results with rolls left over!!! I am so upset also cause i know it will takeme another year or 2 just to have the money for a revision. :-(
The above comment was too Pspmomof3 - Not sure why it went up there!
Oh and if you ladies look at my wish picture! It is not a super skinny unrealistic result. It is more of a typical tummy tuck result! But Dr. Cortes told me that i will never have that kind of result because i have had 4 kids. That my expectations are too unrealistic! Take a look at the pic please and tell me how unrealistic i am being.

HOW DO YOU POST VIDEOS

Does anyone know how to post videos on here? I try but it don't come out.
Hey hunni. First off you looked damn good for having 4 kids. I would only naturally assume your belly would be iron board flat after a tummy tuck. Yes this is a review on your own experience and i hate how people bash others for their thoughts. I actually quit updating my bbl journey because dr cortes is following it and keeps commenting. Truth be told im no longer going to him due to reviews i saw on here. Continue to share your journey and never get discourage for telling the truth. Many would come back to see this and make their own decision on using him or not
Thank you so much, i thought i deserved this after having my 4 boys. But all i have is regret. He follows me as well and i know it for a fact. I do not want to scare people away but i wanted to share my experience. I am working on uploading a video so people can see this is not swelling!
Thanks! Don't worry you will too. My sis lives in Houston. Gonna ask her to ask around what surgeons she's heard are really good! You'll have your revision in no time! Xoxo

*VIDEO*

let me know if you can view this!

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Yes Pspmomof3, i am amazed of your results and mommyneedingmakeover!! Your ladies look SOOOO GOOD!!! Have you had kids? He told me will will not ever get a tight result because i have had 4 kids!!
Aeh81, it DOES NOT take 6 months to see results!! In 12 days my results were crystal clear!!! My stomach was flat as a board!! To the point where i got new stretch marks above my belly button of how tight i was! I was also black, blue, purple & in severe pain from the lipo- so there's no mistaking if you have lipo done. And everything was even & smooth- till this day!! I had my Tummy Tuck16 MONTHS ago!! This is a cop out excuse & its making me think you must work for him because TT results are instant. Swelling DOES NOT inhibit the tightness & flatness of the results AT ALL!!

Wish i was happy!!!

I really do wish I had a better out come. I was looking forward to this surgery for years! And now I have a new reason to hate my body!
Hi once again, please if you can afford financially or if your doctor can re operate, please do so!!!! You are a step away from your beautiful YOU again!!!!! Believe me you are!!!!!! It just happened that you have more skin left, but your skin is very elastic , you will look tiny and beautiful and scar will be fixed!!!!! Don't worry you won't have to live with it!!! No way girl!
Thank you! And what sucks even more is that I knew something was not right after just a few days post op and he did not even want to hear my concerns. I know nothing can be done until after 6 months post op but all he had to do was hear me out and assure me that he would fix it.
I wish you were happy too...Try not to get depressed over it, just pray that he'll get some conscience and offer a free revision. All the best!

Still can't believe

I am still in disbelief in how bad this was done.
Did he respond to u about ur concerns? I heard he was a great doc and responds well.
I hope you don't believe this post! They are trying to scare you because what he has done is interfering with his business. Please read my comments below . Call CNN. Send in pictures and these messages. Start screen shot all the post. I screen shot some post for you.
We are deeply saddened and disappointed with the guidelines of the realself community, which allow and protect users who slander and incur in defamation practices. In addition, we deeply regret the lack of diligence of realself in monitoring the forums from unfair attacks.

Compression

Anyone know where to buy a good compression garment that is comfortable? The one i have is really uncomfortable under my work clothes. I dress in business clothing and need something that will not show too much with clothes on.
Hun i read your journey and i was wondering if you contacted Dr.Cortes about your issues? I think you should.
Yes ma'am, i tried at every appointment.
Aww mamita sorry to hear you are not happy with the results. You should tell the doctor and show him your concern. He really didn't give you what you paid for. Ty for sharing your journey. I'm glad you are in great health to share it.

Todays pics and update!

Ok I have been working out everyday about an hour and 15 minutes each day and i'm at 179 as of today. Here are a few pics from this morning.
I am thinking that he could have taken more skin off, a TT is to remove all the excess skin and it appears that more could have been removed. Maybe the elasticity of your skin isn't that good, I almost feel like saying maybe you have a lot of ALMOST excess skin Lol But even then shouldn't it still be removed? Anyway, I hope you get this issue resolved! NO ONE plans to go into surgery and pay thousands of dollars for the result not to be delivered. Did he ask you/tell you that you should be at your ideal weight BEFORE surgery and not attempt at it after? Or are you at your idea weight already?
I'm sorry u are going to through this. I myself don't understand why ur scar goes downward away from ur pantie line onto ur hip. It should be covered completely by bikini pantied or even a thong type pantie. I also feel he did not tighten ur belly enough...u mentioned the scar not moving much by ur breast that is a clear indication that he didn't pull down tight enough. I had 4 scars from my hysterectomy & a c-sectiob scar & Dr. P removed them all! I know u will probably hate to hear it but u might want to go to a different dr & get a 2nd opinion about having a revision done....so sorry u r unhappy,really wish u could have a positive outcome w/all of this! Good luck to u
Did he ever tell you why he made the scar go away from the panty line and down your hip? I just don't understand why he did that to you?

TODAYS UPDATE

Yesterday I dropped off my garment to be altered and I pick it up tomorrow. Until then I wear one of the older ones. Lately I have been stalking all you women with AWESOME results thank you so much for sharing your journey. I admit I have been getting depressed lately because of my results so far but thanks to the support I get from RS and at home it helps. So thank you ladies!
It's shameful that the offices are able to publicly try to bully patients who are speaking the truth. These ladies are not being slanderous. The office validates that these women were patients. Their before and after pictures are posted for all to see. You can not shut them up!
Amen!!! Thank you!
Agree. I'm very proud of all you ladies who share their stories with us so that we can see the truth, the bad and the ugly. Pictures speak for on their own and you brave ladies are definitely being heard. Ty please continue to do so that a Good Samaritan will guide you to the right path for rectification.

Just me!

Omg, that's not a tummy tuck! What the hell did he do? I've never seen a scar go in that direction...I'm in disbelief and hope nothing but the best for you and hope you can get a real Dr. to fix it.
Thank you, I agree i never ever seen a scar go as far down as mine does. And i have not seen anyone else with rolls like mine when they sit after having a Tummy Tuck.
I just read a new realself posting of someone who is going to be getting a TT and other work done with your doc. I cringed! Literally cringed. I can't believe with as many unsatisfied clients he has people still opt to go to him. Cringing. Thank God for people like you who shared your experience, i keep remembering that he too was on my short list at one time. You saved me girl...

Not much changing

Still not much changing. Last night i started getting a sharp pain in my lower right side of my belly. Anyone else have this pain?? I kinda slipped up and had a few drinks on the weekend when i went out with some friends and that made me super swollen the next day. And on top of that i started my cycle so that means double the swelling!!!! Anyway, I have still been working out and now my scale does not want to move and i change it up too. All i drink is water only water!! And i am getting a dog ear on my left side toward the end of my incision! Other than that not too much going on. Will post updated pics soon.
Well. I just read through the comments and I can honestly say I feel sick about anyone saying anything negative to you. You didn't deserve to be insulted on top of injury. The true character of a people shines through. I also saw the note from Dr Cortes office. I doubt this situation would have ever escalated had he worked with you and reassured you about your concerns. Nothing is guaranteed in life. Errors happen. How they are dealt with makes the difference. Good luck to you.
I think I can speak for every woman who had or is considering a tt and say we are all are here for you and will support you in any way. Is he a board certified ps?

Pictures!

Words just can't explain how I feel anymore!
Hope everything works out for you. I saw you were going for a consult with another doctor, hope that went well. I'm scheduled to have a TT on the 29th of May, and reading all the good and BAD reviews are important. Thank you for telling your story xo
Thank you! Congratulations on your decision to have surgery. We are all here to support each other. I wish you the best! XO
Chica go look at my profile. I put up the b4 and after pic. I think I'm doing good so far. Let me know what u think

Finally a positive update!

Ok fellow bloggers! I had a consult with an amazing Dr. In Kingwood today. Yes I still am not happy with my body, but there is hope! My incision on my hip can be fixed!! I am posting a pic of a marking he did. Knowing that I do not have to live with this horrific scar made my day! I will also need a little skin taken off from the lower front to even it out since it is not even. And I DO need lipo on my upper abdomen area. He said most of my swelling is gone but I do still have a little bit of swelling. Although I already knew that. I will return to this doctor in 3 months for my quote when I am fully healed. I love how the doctor gave me a brief explanation about his experience and practice before the actual consult started. And to top it off the staff was amazing!!
Nani, it's been awhile since you've posted an update, are you doing okay?
Hi, Yes i am ok, i am about to post an update. Not much has changed!
Omg how exciting !! Yay for you .. :)) I'm really happy !!! Yes def in need of upper lipo abdomen! I truly am happy for you nani!

Pictures

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I totally agree with everything you say Nani...you've come a long way though. I can see you've helped yourself to look a lot better than how he left you after surgery. Congrats on that! You're doing great so far...keep it up! Save up! I hope some day you and the other 3 will get to fix his mistakes. All the best Hun!
Thank you so much!!! Hoping to have some of this fixed with in the next 2 years. Thank you!!! XOXO

4 Months,1 week and still not happy!!

Not much has changed. I do not come on here very much because i do have a job, husband, and kids to attend. Anyway, I see alot of recent TT ladies with great results from various doctors, and congrats to you for taking a step to a new you!!
I am still not happy with my hips. In clothes i was just as curvy as i am now. But......I guess on my sides too much lipo was done on one side that it is lumpy and deflated looking. the other side looks pretty normal. If i have a girdle on it kinda makes everything look a little more even but it is too damn hot in Houston to be wearing a girdle all day everyday. I expected to be happy by now. I am happy about one thing and that is no more panties rolling under my c-section belly flap anymore. LOL
I am still at 179 not much chaning there. But i do have Hypothyroidism and that makes it a little hard for me to drop weight but i may be getting my meds adjusted in a week or so.
I do have a dog ear. It is on the same side where my hip is a little deflated and i am hoping i can at least get that removed by the new doctor by the end of the year. All the other mistakes will have to be fixed at a later date when i have the funds. One last thing that bugs me is an area on my lower belly. It looks swollen all the time above and below my incision in only one spot. No matter what i do it does not go down and i hate it!!!! I was told by the new doctor that it did not look like it was swelling so not sure what it is. I am just ready to move past all the regrets.
I will try and post pics later today or over the weekend. I just do not want to depend on wearing a girdle or corset to look right or even.
Thats not right! Sorry you didn't have a positive experience. Hope you can get past it.
Thank you very much! i am working it!

About to by 5 months post

Hi ladies, i am going to be 5 months post of on Friday. As of this morning i am 174 lbs. I am still unhappy with the area under my bra where i have a huge roll! And i guess i had a little too much lipo on one flank that i am lopsided on that side. Also, i have said before that i brought up a concern a few months ago to the Dr. about the mons area not getting lipo, and i was told i needed to be patient and that it was done and only swollen due to the procedure. Well after over a month of waiting to get my full medical record from their office i read on his notes that it was not checked off, so i am sure it was not done cause it was not on the list. So, no matter how patient i am, it was not going to change. I am really upset and dissappointed while reading the doctors notes. He stated that i was told to lose 20-30 lbs before surgery. LOL He did not tell me to lose not one pound.I was never told anything about my weight until i voiced a concern. I would not have spent so much money if i knew i would get shity results. I had my 4th kid in 2006, i am sure i could have waited a little longer if i was told to lose weight before surgery.

On the upside, i doubt a dog ear can be prevented, so no blame on anyone for that. Going to my follow-up next month with my new doctor to see what needs to be done to correct it and how much it will cost me.

Well that was just a little venting!
Will be posting updated pics soon!
I am sorry to read that your experience was not as good as mine. Did you research his web site before booking the procedure? The reason I ask is because he very clearly states in a video that TT is not a weight loss treatment. With the health craze going on in America today, nearly everyone knows what their BMI should be. It sounds to me that dyou blame Dr. Cortez for something that you had 100% control over. (weight loss would produce more loss flabby skin that could be removed). I am just venting as well as I hate to see a wonderful practise be vilified. I hope you habe better results next time round.
I appreciate your post and you are absolutely correct that we should be free to express our loves and concerns here on RS. Truly, that's the meaning of collaboration. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this and please keep us updated on your new doc.
Thank you very much!

More Money!!!

Ok, i have been so busy i have not had time to come update. The only thing i am happy about is that my panties do not roll under my old c-section scar. I still have a low belly button and my hips are not even. One side looks really bad. I can manage to make it look normal in certain clothes as long as they are really tight.
Ok, my cost to get everything fixed that was either not done or done crappy is $9,900.00! Can you beleive that? It will cost more to fix the mistake then it cost to put it there!!
Anyway, i am only going to get my scar placement fixed maybe in the begining of the year. That will cost me $3,400. But i am so insecure now with my scar on my hips where it should not be. Looks like a roller coaster on my hips. I still have a bubble of fat on my lower belly that i was told was swelling, but it is not swelling at all. And YES, i still workout like a mad woman! I am now down to 171, but that is not helping the fact that this surgery was not what i expected. And yes i know it was not a weight loss surgey. I did not expect to come out looking like a swimsiut model. But i expected to be able to wear a swimsuit. I can't even wear a normal one since my scar placement is horrible. I still need to upload some updated pics i will do that soon.
Please feel free to PM any questions.
I'm so sorry it's going to cost so much to get what you want, that's horrible! And I agree that I have never seen scar placement on the hips! Sweetie hang in there, I still think you look good! I'm goin through a bit of regret, unhappiness so I get it! Xo thanks for sharing your story, look forward to seeing your updated photos :)
Was he your doctor, cause looks like you just created your profile. Anyway. I clearly stated in my post that i KNOW this was not for weightloss. Never did i once blame him for my weight, you must not be reading something right. Yes i researched him and did not see one picture with a TT scar on someone hips. Also if my weight was an issue, dont you think he should have mentioned that before taking my money?? At my lowest i was 149 so clearly i could of lost weight before surgery if that was made a REQUIREMENT! But my weight was never an issue until I had concerns. Thank you!
it totally agree with you, he should have def mentioned where your scar was going to be, I think he was negligent. I have seen heavy women with a TT and their tummy is totally flat! I am so sorry you had to go through this, I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster you and your husband must be going through. have you talked to him about a refund? plus if the dr said you needed to lose weight, ethically he should have never operated on you, but I believe he never told you that, most women would remember something like that. Especially when their spending that kind of money to make them look good.

Pics the Good and the Bad!

More pics

I agree that your belly button is too low. I'm sorry. The good news is, it looks like you really do have enough skin to pull down to position the belly button higher. Did you go back to the doctor to ask for a revision. Pulling the skin down more will lower your scar too, I bet. But, as you said, in clothes - you look great!
Thank you for your honesty! No my doctor did not offer that or even want to hear of that. But, on the good side, after the experience I had there the best thing to do is to go elsewhere. Still a long and pricy journey ahead of me, but one day I will be at my goal! :-)
Like Nani & Livebella, I also feel that my bb is too low and too close to my vajayjay, I could probably use a good pull down after additional lipo. I love how I look fully clothed with my corset. Take them clothes off and its a different story! #smdh This is going to be more costly trying to get everything fixed. Well....(Long sigh) The research continues!

More pics

All I can say is SCARS and CROOKE HIPS!
Thank you for your story and the pics! I really thought Dr. Cortes was going to be my doctor of choice, but I am very glad I stumbled upon this site! I'm so sorry for what you've to go through! It's absolutely awesome that you shared your experience! I will definitely be researching more doctors now!!!! :-)
I meant to add *Best of Luck* before the smiley!

REALLY!?

Does this look like 6 months post op??
U ever thought about getting a tattoo over your scar ?u look great but i would be piss about the scar to.but i think a nice Tattoo would work
So sorry about ur results. After paying all that money u would expect worthy work. I've read a lot of negative n positive reviews on him but I believe the negative along with all the pictures I have seen out weights the positive. Happy u have located another PS to do ur revision. Good luck, Prayers up.
I agree with sbooper that you DO have a very nice shape but your surgeon definitely did a bad job of your tummy tuck. I would be very upset with the scar placement and all the unevenness and remaining rolls. I've heard from others who have had a TT by Dr. Wilberto Cortez who are also very unhappy with their results. Good that you've written your review about him so others don't go to him. Glad to hear that you can get your scar revised and put in the proper spot. Wishing you the best of luck with your scar revision surgery!

Am I using RS wrong?

Im sorry I'm a little confused is RS for Good Dr. Reviews only?? I know I'm not the only person that had a HORRIBLE experience with My Dr. So it's hard for me to understand why we are getting bashed for speaking up on our journey! It's just said that some women feel the need to downgrade other women for being honest about their journey! Anyway will be posting updated pics soon of my awesome thigh scars!
My heart goes out to you. (((HUGS))) I'm glad you found another doctor that will take better care of you. I can see that you naturally have a pretty figure, in the right hands and due diligence your results could be aaaaaaahhhhhmazing/
Thanks love! I did find one but I think I need to do more research while I start saving all over again! :-/ Your results are amazing!!! Love it!!!
Hmm. Idk how much excess skin/fat your had pre op but it kinda looks like your tissues haven't reattached and maybe that's why it's hanging?

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!

Still can't believe I'm dealing with this! Been feeling down a little lately but not for long! I'm working out and researching new doctors to fix this hotmess!!!
that sucks! Totally understand your concerns he didn't pull enough skin. Go to my doctor in Tijuana hes great. check out my review. My sister went with him for tummy tuck and my cousin as well. We're all very happy with results. and his prices are good too.
I know this off the subject, but I feel the need to share. There is another one of our sisters who has paid 30% of her sx fees, and due unforseen legal circumstances beyond her control has had to cancel her tt surgery, and she doesn't know when she will be able to reschedule? She clearly understands that her $500 deposit is non refundable. However, she has been told that her $1600 is non refundable!?!?!? O_0 She even sent a certified mail requesting her refund, and these scoundrels wouldn't even accept the envelope!!!! I'm glad he responded to her in a email which clearly states the refund policy which supports her right to a refund! I would be sitting in someone's law office talking my tail off. How dare you hold someone's money hostage!
Omg

This is so sad....

I have been off of RS for awhile. I been trying to focus on my work and family. It's so sad and outrageous that this doctor is damaging more and live everyday and we can't do anything about it except share our journeys and hope other learn from it. I am still extremely unhappy and still seeking more consults to fix the damage that was done. I have uneven hips that are noticeable with clothes due to too much lipo on one flank. I'm sorry but looks like I was operated on with one hand tied behind his bad. Smh and I hate to see this same crap happening more and more. I can't make a decision for anyone but I can tell you to do ALOT of research.
I will keep you in my prayers that all works out for you in your new surgery . Your old doctor needs his license taken from him.

Mzphatbooty

Please read her review. Another person that has come forward about her horrible experience with Dr. Cortes! She put in a lot work to improve herself too but of course has to keep it hidden under garments due to e doctors mistakes!
Omg my long comment didn't post!!!
Yes sorry, it did not post.

HAVE A CONSULT SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY!

I am 8 months post and and still not happy. I do not care what negative things that Dr.Cortes Cheerleaders have to say about any of the unhappy patients. Unless you would be happy with results like this stop talking mess!
I am going to see another doctor on Monday i am excited to see what he has to say about this hot mess.
I did send pics to another doctor for a consult and i was told my procedure does not look like it was done correctly and that most likely i would be stuck with my scars on my hips.
Its funny that Dr. Cortes told me these results are normal, maybe its normal only if he performed the surgery. And again, there was no entry scars for lipo that was supposably done on my upper stomach part. Zero entry marks!!!!!
I don't know but it still upsets me that i see others that are 3 times bigger than i was and they have better results because they choose a more qualified doctor.
Don't get me wrong, i am happy for everyone out there that had great results cause we are all on here to share the good, the bad, and the HORRIBLE!!
Will post more updated pics soon.
good luck with your consult!!! We're all routing for you :) ignore the negative comments, I hope all goes well in the end for you :) xo
Hi nani. Glad that you are seeing other doctors and exploring your options girl!!! Thanks for updating. We love to hear that you are determined to get your tummy revised. Good luck with your search with a good and ethical doctor that will stand by his work. GB
Thanks Ttlatina! I really try and be positive just cause I know I will get it fixed some day. But some days I am just overcome with all the stress and frustration!! But thanks to my family and the support from you ladies it helps! :-)
Houston Plastic Surgeon