I have decided to go with Dr. Cortes. He was very...

I have decided to go with Dr. Cortes. He was very knowable. And his staff was very polite. Had my consultation today and I paid my deposit! The deposit is $500 then you have time to pay for the balance before the surgery date. If hour pressed for time I suggest making a weekend consult. The wait not bad only about 20 mind.

Obsessed!

I think I am stalking realself!! I am so excited to be getting my TT in July, that I am on here looking at before and after pictures everyday! I get nervous when I see botched jobs, but I believe Dr.Cortes will do a great job!!

Should I or should I not?!

I am so anxious that I am thinking of switching my surgery to a sooner date.
I am thinking of The week before spring break since ny kids will not be in school and it will be easier on my husband. Ready to be on the flat side!

Super Excited!!!

I'm so impatient!!! I have rescheduled my procedure for Feb. 14, 2014!!! That's only 25 days away!!!! Oh my god!!!!

Its getting closer!

18 more days!! Friday I have my pre op visit at the hospital. And then Saturday I have my pre op visit with Dr. Cortes! Super nervous and excited!
-2/14/14

CONGESTED

I am getting nervous!! My surgery is in 2 weeks and i woke up more congested than normal today. I have allergies, so i am typically congested most of the time anyway. I have no other cold symptoms. Will i have to reschedule if i am still congested??? I want to avoid moving the date as much as possible!

12 More days!!!

Counting down the days!

7 more days!!!

I AM READY!!!

1 day and a half to go!!!

Ready or not Friday will be here before I know it!! 2/14/14!!

Today is the day!!!!

Finally the day has come, and I am a nervous wreck!!!!! Ready to be flat again for the first time in many many years!! Wish me luck! :-D

Painful!!!

Ok ladies today is 2.5 days post op and I am in a lot of pain!!! Oh my god I coughed and that was the worse pain I have ever felt in my life. My back is hurting really bad from having to walk hunched over. One thing I suggest you buy is a narrow funnel (found in oil section at walmart) it is the best thing ever to help you when you have to pee.
I have no idea what my belly looks like yet cause I was told not to remove anything til my follow-up. I'm just covered with the girdle and foam pads.

Post op appointment today!

Started feeling a little better today but still walking hunch back. I get to see my belly for the first time today when I go see Dr. Cortes. Right now I just look a big swollen square cause I'm in the girdle and foam! Praying for great results!!!

post op visit

When to the doctor today. Finally saw my tummy and it looks gross. Lol I know it takes time to look good. But, I'm super swollen. I got put in a tight tight girdle until next Monday I can hopefully fit into a smaller one.

Feeling a little down!

My belly is not as tight as I expected, it still feels jiggly. Especially my upper part under the bra line I was supposed to have lipo but it doesn't seem that it was done. Idk doctor says it takes time to see full results and I'm impatient. Hoping my hips go down on the swelling cause they seem a little too big. Hopefully my belly will tighten as it heals. But it is not tight looking like a lot of pics I see here on RS.

Belly! EWWW

Curvy in the front, but the side view is VERY SWOLLEN!!!

Whaaaa!!!

Ok I had a small breakdown this morning and started crying out of frustration. The swelling hurts really bad and my belly looks bigger than before surgery! Any one know what I can do to relieve some of the swelling??

Update pics of today!

At this point I wish I did not do this!! I know it's still too soon but I don't like my new belly. And my hips are too wide now. Praying the swelling goes down and I look somewhat normal again! :-( I text the office this morning twice and I never got a response. In the middle of the night I got a weird burning sensation on the heal of both my feet. Not sure why but it woke me up a few times. Anyone else experience this feeling in their feet??

BEFORE

day 6!

Of course I'm still swollen as expected. But, is the belly supposed to be hard and tight when swollen? Mine is like jelly and hangs when I lean over. But I am starting to move around a lot more with out help. Feel a little better today not as much pain.

Whats next??

Looking at all these ladies with perfect booties is making me want a BBL. I already have a big butt, but my husband says he won't mind a little more. Lol yes he loves butts!!! Maybe in another year. Is a BBL more painful than a tummy tuck and liposuction??

DAY 8

Lower belly swelling still painful! For some reason hurts more in the middle of the night.

Wish Belly!!

DAY 9

Today is day 9 post op. I can get around a little better. Not hunched over very much. Some of my swelling has gone down but, now my belly is more jiggly then the other day. Trying to take it day by day.

Sitting at day 9

I must have the worst luck!

Today or shall I say like 30 minutes ago I had an awful cough. I think it might have tore my muscle repair!! It hurt pretty bad when I coughed, then I had a weird feeling in my belly and it felt loose. And my muscles stopped hurting when I move like 5 minutes after the cough. Ugh hope it's not but I'm calling the doctor's office first thing in the morning.

2 weeks and 4 days!

I have been feeling better. I get really swollen when I'm sitting too long and right after I eat. I am trying really hard to stay away from salty foods. But it's hard to cut it out 100%. I know I have weeks or even months of healing to go. But I still think my stomach could have been pulled tighter. Only time will tell.

3 weeks

I am now 3 weeks post op. Feeling better and better each day. Only thing I am hating is the more my swelling goes down the looser my belly is. Is this normal?

before and at 2 weeks and 3 days pic

The doctor just sent me my most recent pic and asked that I post it.
Anything is better than my before picture, but still hope my skin gets tighter from the tummy tuck.

Just to clear a few things up.

Yes, i know i was FAT before before. NO, i did not go into this procedure thinking i was going to come out looking like a Barbie! I just want a nice flat stomach. I know i am still healing and i know the the swelling will go down. But i doubt the rolls will go down with the swelling. Or the areas where the garment rolls in to my stomach. I am not trying to discourage anyone from getting a tummy tuck. This is my review on MY OWN body, everyone is different. Do not get me wrong, my scar is healing really really good and i am feeling better and better. But i want a tighter tummy. SORRY, i had to vent a little.

today after showering

Sitting in a chair

Today at work.

More pics...

Buldge of fat and skin under my bra area.

1 month post op

I will be one month post op tomorrow morning and I am NOT HAPPY with my results so far!

Tonight after walking

I know anything is better then my before pic. But this is depressing.

Frustrated

No words needed!

One month and 4 days

Went in on Monday and got some shots in my belly for swelling I think. I bruise so easily!

Will be 5 weeks in one day!

Here are some pics I took after my workout. Working out and showering is the only time I take my compression garment off.

Swell Hell

Ok I will try and update pics only once a week instead of every day! Lol
Please inbox me if you have any questions you do not want answered on the feed. Just took these pics about 20 mins ago. And I'm about 5 weeks post op. I hate the swelling so much! Any advice to help ease it? I wear the compression garment all day. I even add a waist cintcher but it don't help much!

Almost 6 weeks!

Here are some pics from today and last night. And shame on the women of realself that think only happy people should post reviews and updates. I think people need to express themselves no matter if they happy or not. Those who are happy congratulations to you and your journey. Those who are not, we are all here to help you get thru the good and the bad so vent away!!

One more pic.

Looks better laying flat.

Forgot to ask a question to the ladies!

How much fat did you have taken out? I had lipo in my upper and lower belly as well as my flanks. My Op report says I had a total of 800cc's removed.

6 weeks today!!!

And yes I have been working out 6 days a week!

6 weeks today!!!

And yes I have been working out 6 days a week! In the morning i take off my garment until I get to work because I have a long drive and it digs in my roll.

New profile pic!!

Finally updated my profile picture of my wonderful hip scar. Still feel the same no changes as of today. I know some might say I should be happy. But I'm not. If I was over 250 lbs pre op then yes I would be thrilled with any result I can get. But I wasn't. I was still big at 185 but still expected a little more. The biggest thing that my husband does not like is my scar placement. It's horrible!!! But if you think it looks great please fill me in on how to wear a bathing suit with out looking hideous!

Pictures

Read the captions on the pics!

More pics

Really this is what 7 weeks looks like! Yup, happy healing to me! I will post pics everyday if I have to if it will help others!

HOW DO YOU POST VIDEOS

Does anyone know how to post videos on here? I try but it don't come out.

*VIDEO*

let me know if you can view this!

Wish i was happy!!!

I really do wish I had a better out come. I was looking forward to this surgery for years! And now I have a new reason to hate my body!

Still can't believe

I am still in disbelief in how bad this was done.

Compression

Anyone know where to buy a good compression garment that is comfortable? The one i have is really uncomfortable under my work clothes. I dress in business clothing and need something that will not show too much with clothes on.

Todays pics and update!

Ok I have been working out everyday about an hour and 15 minutes each day and i'm at 179 as of today. Here are a few pics from this morning.

TODAYS UPDATE

Yesterday I dropped off my garment to be altered and I pick it up tomorrow. Until then I wear one of the older ones. Lately I have been stalking all you women with AWESOME results thank you so much for sharing your journey. I admit I have been getting depressed lately because of my results so far but thanks to the support I get from RS and at home it helps. So thank you ladies!

Just me!

Not much changing

Still not much changing. Last night i started getting a sharp pain in my lower right side of my belly. Anyone else have this pain?? I kinda slipped up and had a few drinks on the weekend when i went out with some friends and that made me super swollen the next day. And on top of that i started my cycle so that means double the swelling!!!! Anyway, I have still been working out and now my scale does not want to move and i change it up too. All i drink is water only water!! And i am getting a dog ear on my left side toward the end of my incision! Other than that not too much going on. Will post updated pics soon.

Pictures!

Words just can't explain how I feel anymore!

Finally a positive update!

Ok fellow bloggers! I had a consult with an amazing Dr. In Kingwood today. Yes I still am not happy with my body, but there is hope! My incision on my hip can be fixed!! I am posting a pic of a marking he did. Knowing that I do not have to live with this horrific scar made my day! I will also need a little skin taken off from the lower front to even it out since it is not even. And I DO need lipo on my upper abdomen area. He said most of my swelling is gone but I do still have a little bit of swelling. Although I already knew that. I will return to this doctor in 3 months for my quote when I am fully healed. I love how the doctor gave me a brief explanation about his experience and practice before the actual consult started. And to top it off the staff was amazing!!

Pictures

4 Months,1 week and still not happy!!

Not much has changed. I do not come on here very much because i do have a job, husband, and kids to attend. Anyway, I see alot of recent TT ladies with great results from various doctors, and congrats to you for taking a step to a new you!!
I am still not happy with my hips. In clothes i was just as curvy as i am now. But......I guess on my sides too much lipo was done on one side that it is lumpy and deflated looking. the other side looks pretty normal. If i have a girdle on it kinda makes everything look a little more even but it is too damn hot in Houston to be wearing a girdle all day everyday. I expected to be happy by now. I am happy about one thing and that is no more panties rolling under my c-section belly flap anymore. LOL
I am still at 179 not much chaning there. But i do have Hypothyroidism and that makes it a little hard for me to drop weight but i may be getting my meds adjusted in a week or so.
I do have a dog ear. It is on the same side where my hip is a little deflated and i am hoping i can at least get that removed by the new doctor by the end of the year. All the other mistakes will have to be fixed at a later date when i have the funds. One last thing that bugs me is an area on my lower belly. It looks swollen all the time above and below my incision in only one spot. No matter what i do it does not go down and i hate it!!!! I was told by the new doctor that it did not look like it was swelling so not sure what it is. I am just ready to move past all the regrets.
I will try and post pics later today or over the weekend. I just do not want to depend on wearing a girdle or corset to look right or even.

About to by 5 months post

Hi ladies, i am going to be 5 months post of on Friday. As of this morning i am 174 lbs. I am still unhappy with the area under my bra where i have a huge roll! And i guess i had a little too much lipo on one flank that i am lopsided on that side. Also, i have said before that i brought up a concern a few months ago to the Dr. about the mons area not getting lipo, and i was told i needed to be patient and that it was done and only swollen due to the procedure. Well after over a month of waiting to get my full medical record from their office i read on his notes that it was not checked off, so i am sure it was not done cause it was not on the list. So, no matter how patient i am, it was not going to change. I am really upset and dissappointed while reading the doctors notes. He stated that i was told to lose 20-30 lbs before surgery. LOL He did not tell me to lose not one pound.I was never told anything about my weight until i voiced a concern. I would not have spent so much money if i knew i would get shity results. I had my 4th kid in 2006, i am sure i could have waited a little longer if i was told to lose weight before surgery.

On the upside, i doubt a dog ear can be prevented, so no blame on anyone for that. Going to my follow-up next month with my new doctor to see what needs to be done to correct it and how much it will cost me.

Well that was just a little venting!
Will be posting updated pics soon!

More Money!!!

Ok, i have been so busy i have not had time to come update. The only thing i am happy about is that my panties do not roll under my old c-section scar. I still have a low belly button and my hips are not even. One side looks really bad. I can manage to make it look normal in certain clothes as long as they are really tight.
Ok, my cost to get everything fixed that was either not done or done crappy is $9,900.00! Can you beleive that? It will cost more to fix the mistake then it cost to put it there!!
Anyway, i am only going to get my scar placement fixed maybe in the begining of the year. That will cost me $3,400. But i am so insecure now with my scar on my hips where it should not be. Looks like a roller coaster on my hips. I still have a bubble of fat on my lower belly that i was told was swelling, but it is not swelling at all. And YES, i still workout like a mad woman! I am now down to 171, but that is not helping the fact that this surgery was not what i expected. And yes i know it was not a weight loss surgey. I did not expect to come out looking like a swimsiut model. But i expected to be able to wear a swimsuit. I can't even wear a normal one since my scar placement is horrible. I still need to upload some updated pics i will do that soon.
Please feel free to PM any questions.

Pics the Good and the Bad!

More pics

All I can say is SCARS and CROOKE HIPS!

REALLY!?

Does this look like 6 months post op??

Am I using RS wrong?

Im sorry I'm a little confused is RS for Good Dr. Reviews only?? I know I'm not the only person that had a HORRIBLE experience with My Dr. So it's hard for me to understand why we are getting bashed for speaking up on our journey! It's just said that some women feel the need to downgrade other women for being honest about their journey! Anyway will be posting updated pics soon of my awesome thigh scars!

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!

Still can't believe I'm dealing with this! Been feeling down a little lately but not for long! I'm working out and researching new doctors to fix this hotmess!!!
Houston Plastic Surgeon

that sucks! Totally understand your concerns he didn't pull enough skin. Go to my doctor in Tijuana hes great. check out my review. My sister went with him for tummy tuck and my cousin as well. We're all very happy with results. and his prices are good too.
I know this off the subject, but I feel the need to share. There is another one of our sisters who has paid 30% of her sx fees, and due unforseen legal circumstances beyond her control has had to cancel her tt surgery, and she doesn't know when she will be able to reschedule? She clearly understands that her $500 deposit is non refundable. However, she has been told that her $1600 is non refundable!?!?!? O_0 She even sent a certified mail requesting her refund, and these scoundrels wouldn't even accept the envelope!!!! I'm glad he responded to her in a email which clearly states the refund policy which supports her right to a refund! I would be sitting in someone's law office talking my tail off. How dare you hold someone's money hostage!
Omg
Wow I know who your talking about I remember the situation. That's messed up!!!
Wow Nani... we're in the same boat. I know it sucks to be so unhappy. My thing is WHY???? WHY DID HE NOT BE HONEST AND SAY WE SHOULD'VE LOST WEIGHT 1ST OR TELL US HE'S NOT THE BEST TT DR AND SEARCH ELSEWHERE? You do not deserve to have that scar way down your hip like that. Wth was he doing? For people to get upset that we are posting about their dr and showing truth about how he jacked us up... screw that. We're going to post... period. Then for his employee to say we're just unhappy people, really? Well why hasn't that person answered your question about if they think your tt is a good job? Because they know it's a horrible job. We shouldn't be looking like pre op patients. We'll get through this love. Hang in there. It just sucks how we can't just shit $$$$ out to pay for a revison.
Preach on!
Yes girl!! And it pisses me off so much that i asked if i needed to lose weight and my husband asked if i needed to lose weight before surgery and the DR. said NO!!!! Thats the only reason i move my surgery date from June i think to Feb. I have that in my blog too at the begining! He said my shape was good and i would have a good result. And now look at the Hotmess!!!! I am here researching doctors for a revision when i should be enjoying and maintaining my new flat belly!!!!!!!!!!!! The was the worst Experience ever!!!
Nani, I've found a p/s who specializes in abdominoplasty reconstructive surgery. He's a vet with 25 years under his belt. Several ladies here have reviewed him and have included detailed blogs with photos. I believe the cost range is between $4800-$5200. Anyway, I two cases the ladies had tummies twice your size(if not bigger),and they came out looking like the BOMBAYA! Check out his website. His name is Gordon Telepun. He's in Alabama.
Thank you honey! I will look him up!!!
Also...Check out Dr. Sam Jejurikar in Dallas
I'm from dallas and my doctor was amazing...& I took him a previous quote I got and he quoted me alot less..but did a great job..there are actually several in the Dallas area that are awesome so if ur willing to travel and not too far away..Google some dallas docs! Best of luck :)
Sorry your still going through this. Don't be down , keep your head up and know that your still beautiful! Hope you find a doctor that makes you feel good and gives you results you should of gotten the first time. I have my appt today and can't wait to show my doctor the rolls I have! There should be no rolls or extra skin so I feel you girl! Xo
Thanks! I hope your doctor listens to your concerns and works it out for you. I did not have that luck! Hang in there to and keep us updated! ((Hugs))
Was this doctor a board certified plastic surgeon??
Yes ma'am he is!
I saw your pics just now snd I am appalled. I had a tt done yrs ago with a surgeon from Canada, Montreal and he did an awesome job with mine. My skin was super tighton my tummy and the scar I had wasn't close to what yours looks like. I put a tattoo over my tt incision to hide it so now you cannot see it one bit. Why did yours turn out this way? Did he ever tell you that he would fix it?
He said to take off more skin. Lol more skin my butt!!! There is still a lot left!! Yes it makes me sick to think I paid to get botched! Wow you look good, couldn't even tell you has a tummy tuck! Compaired to. All the TTs I see on here mine is one of the WORST!!! Now I have to save all over again to redo it. Which will take awhile since I have 4 boys from 7-15 years old! That's where all the money goes first! So i may have to wait longer than I wanted. :-/
My heart goes out to you. (((HUGS))) I'm glad you found another doctor that will take better care of you. I can see that you naturally have a pretty figure, in the right hands and due diligence your results could be aaaaaaahhhhhmazing/
Thanks love! I did find one but I think I need to do more research while I start saving all over again! :-/ Your results are amazing!!! Love it!!!
Hmm. Idk how much excess skin/fat your had pre op but it kinda looks like your tissues haven't reattached and maybe that's why it's hanging?
I think there was not enough skin taken off. If i can still grab a handful of fat and skin this was a horrible job. I am pretty sure i may just end up needing a whole new tummy tuck. I pretty much knew this was not done right since 3 days post op even with the swelling.
:-( I feel so bad for you. I'm looking forward to my surgery hopefully it comes out good
Thanks, i am sure you will be fine! Your not coming to Houston for your procedure so you will have a great outcome! Looking forward to following your journey!
Lol @ Houston. And thanks. Stay positive. You'll get what you want
Nani if I were you I would consult another surgeon who has much more experience in doing TT. You should redo your surgery all over again and get it done the way it should be.