Smartlipo scheduled for May 31st & need any advice you can offer! Thanks :) Houston, TX

I'm considering this procedure after two kids. I'm...

I'm considering this procedure after two kids. I'm 32, 5'1 and 140 lbs. My main concern is abdomen and tummy area. Any advice would be great. THANKS!

Any encouragement would be great! Finally after a...

Any encouragement would be great! Finally after a year of debating my appointment is set for May 24th!!!

Preparing for the big day! Super nervous about...

Preparing for the big day! Super nervous about being "awake" during the procedure!

Before pics!

Had my pre-op yesterday. Getting nervous!!

3 1/2 weeks after smartlipo

Sorry I haven't updated this! Here we go :)
I arrived at 7:30 am at the office & was taken back & given meds. 1 Valium, 2 Vicodin & 1 Promethazine. It all kicked in about 40 mins later & they began the numbing. I didn't feel that like some others have posted they did. During the procedure I kinda snapped out of the "drugged" feeling I had & could feel it it some times during. I've had laser tattoo removal without numbing so I could handle it. It was uncomfortable & did hurt at times. It's weird because you're awake! Some people aren't bothered by this though. We're all different! The procedure lasted about 2 1/2-3 hours approx. All I know is I was done & home by 12:30 pm.
When I got home I took my meds & passed out until about 8 pm. Woke up in PAIN! DO NOT miss your dose time or you will be too! It is uncomfortable unlike what people say. I have young children at home so I couldn't be all drugged up everyday. Whatever you do just prepare yourself for the fact that you're SUPER swollen for some time after. I'm still extremely swollen! At my two week visit I had to have my incisions opened back up & she drained me. THAT WAS PAINFUL! About two days later the swelling was back in the same areas except much smaller. Still noticeable & sucks to not have a "flat" tummy yet. It's all a process & I know they say It takes months up to 6 for people to see the full result of it. Just prepared for that. That's the thing I'm mentally struggling with right now. I know it'll get better though. Just massage & wear the tightest garment you can find! However, the doctor did say my swelling & fluid was the worst she's seen so it could be just my luck! Lol Overall I would recommend it but I would personally never do it again! Good luck to all of you considering it!

3 weeks after photos

Keep in mind I'm still very swollen & the lines & indentions are from the garment.

3 1/2 weeks after procedure

10 weeks post op

Still swollen & very lumpy. Not happy at all!
Dr. Choy

Hi journey to a better body Did you get your tummy tuck? How did it go? I hope you get the results you're looking for. Keep your head up and stay positive. Best wishes and prayers to you on this journey of yours. Bella
How did your results turn out?
TERRIBLE! Scheduled for a tummy tuck in June!
How are you feeling? Are you seeing results yet?
Def lots of fat gone but I still have two pretty swollen areas that I have concerns about. My 6 month post op is next month so we'll see what she says.
Hey there..just wanted to jump in and let you know what your feeling and going thru is absolutely normal...I Had Vaser Lipo for the first time last Sept..I was much larger..(see my profiles)...it took a good 4 to 6 months b4 I felt good..unfortunately my upper abs were still protruding and I had my doc do a revision and do my abs again..he did it free of charge...at the same time I decided to add my bra bulge area that I should of done first time around (back flanks)...I am 10 days out now and still swollen and sore...my tummy is still very swollen but it takes time..healing process is crazy. I agree with u on seeing some people come out of it with a flat tummy..not the case for me...but considering where I was a year ago my stomach went down considerably. Iam hoping results from this procedure get me where I want to be...if not..Im done..I wont go in again...DEF take lots of pics...that really helped to remind me of my progress...again if u see my pics the difference is amazing...try and be patient...its hard and no one warns u about that...that is the hardest part...happy healing and if I can answer any questions feel free to ask...take care....Sharon
I'm thinking I'll need a revision. Did you dr just offer to do it for free or did you have to ask? How is your stomach now? Does it look better than the first time around? Thank you for this comment!
You should go for it, try it....
Have you heard of ab-cuts...its a weightloss pill well its supposed to be for stomach hips, butt and thighs and well i tried using it for a while and it helped but i wanted to see if that was what was really helping my tummy area go down, so i stopped using it and since i stoped my stomach constantly gets swollen!!...so ima give it a try again,. I would take two pills at night before bed, give it a try you can buy it at a GNC STORE and the oils in the pill are natural....
I have heard of them but never tried them! I'm willing to try whatever at this point. Thanks & I hope your recovery is going good!!
I hope it gets better for you. I got smart lipo last summer, too.
How did yours go? Thanks
Well, mine was not good- I waited for a year and then went ahead and got a TT because my skin texture got worse- it didn't shrink like they said it would, unfortunately, and I was given permanent dents. I understand that in the right hands, smart lipo has a good potential.
Did you ever have lumps or just indents in your stomach? I don't have dents just two lumps. If you had lumps did they ever go down? I know they say the dents are permanent. I'm sorry you had to have a TT but I bet you are much happier now!
I did have two lumps, one near belly button, one next to hip bone, and they did go away mostly because I pressed and rubbed them hard. They still stayed raised though, and so the dents next to them seemed bigger. Basically what I've learned is that it's rather a guess to how they get the fat evened out, plus some docs don't use different sized sticks that vacuum the fat out. On a smaller person, they should use a smaller vacuum for more accuracy. I think I got put through hell because the doc didn't have the right tools on hand.
OMG! I'm so sorry you had to to through all that!!!!! Sounds like you had it worse than me. I'm starting to think the same thing about the guessing part. I thought there was some medical way they did it but sure it's just a guess & if its even great if not a redo! My friend still wants it after all this. I told her she's crazy!
I'm just glad the TT made it perfect- no lumps or dents, and it was a full TT- so when they pulled the tummy skin tight, they poked a hole and slid my old belly button through it and it looks great now. Tell your friend about other options maybe, and remind her that are skin is not shrink wrap- it only has a certain amount of elasticity no matter how tight the doc says they can get with their smart lipo. Those of us who've had kids have already used up a lot of our elasticity already. It sounds in your case as long as you don't have dents you'll turn out great. I'm sorry for being dismal about my experience.
I am so sorry you are going through this kind of pain. I had lipo and didnt go through any of this pain:( I had 12 #s removed of fat and then had a TT for the skin to be removed. My doctor also gave me a stomach garment I had to wear for 6 weeks. Did you not have drainage tubes left in so that the swelling could leave your body?
Thank you! I hate this so much!! I feel like these are fat pockets. They aren't moving around like the fluid was. I'm so scared ill need a corrective procedure. They removed 1100 or so CC's from me. I wore the garment for 7 weeks. With SmartLipo they don't give you drainage tubes they just leave the incisions open & the drain out. I'm 99% sure this isnt fluid! :(
I am soooo sorry. I hope you find relief and if you have to have a corrective procedure, do your homework and find out why you are going thru this. I had drains left in with my SmartLipo and I left them in for weeks and weeks because I was told they would have to insert a needle to remove the fluid and I said noway, leave the tubes! You really need to be pushing your doctor for answers! They owe you an explanation! Even go see another PS and get an opinion about what is going on with this procedure!!!!
I'm making an appt tomorrow! Thank you :)
My friend had a full TT she wants lipo on her flanks! She's going too far I think. No drainage tubes! Just left the incisions open & drained out. Apparently that's how a lot drs do it. At least the ones I saw anyways.
Hey, just wana say, that you're looking good, hang in there with tje results, im 3mnts post op and i still feel frustrated,....sometimes ,especially when im pmsing....i get soooo blaoted its crazy
Thanks girl! I don't know why the swelling/bloating happens! It's frustrating to see all these people that have flat stomachs & I have this. They're telling me the bloating is inflammation from the tissue healing. Who knows?!
I just found your profile and I think you look amazing! I hope I look that good at even 4 weeks. Girl you have no worries!! Have you tried the lymphatic message? It is suppose to help even out the hard spots or something like that. At 12 days Post I can't imagine letting anyone near my stomach...ouch. How many inches have you lost? Blessings ~D