Smartlipo scheduled for May 31st & need any advice you can offer! Thanks :) Houston, TX

I'm considering this procedure after two kids. I'm...

I'm considering this procedure after two kids. I'm 32, 5'1 and 140 lbs. My main concern is abdomen and tummy area. Any advice would be great. THANKS!

Any encouragement would be great! Finally after a...

Any encouragement would be great! Finally after a year of debating my appointment is set for May 24th!!!

Preparing for the big day! Super nervous about...

Preparing for the big day! Super nervous about being "awake" during the procedure!

Before pics!

Had my pre-op yesterday. Getting nervous!!

3 1/2 weeks after smartlipo

Sorry I haven't updated this! Here we go :)
I arrived at 7:30 am at the office & was taken back & given meds. 1 Valium, 2 Vicodin & 1 Promethazine. It all kicked in about 40 mins later & they began the numbing. I didn't feel that like some others have posted they did. During the procedure I kinda snapped out of the "drugged" feeling I had & could feel it it some times during. I've had laser tattoo removal without numbing so I could handle it. It was uncomfortable & did hurt at times. It's weird because you're awake! Some people aren't bothered by this though. We're all different! The procedure lasted about 2 1/2-3 hours approx. All I know is I was done & home by 12:30 pm.
When I got home I took my meds & passed out until about 8 pm. Woke up in PAIN! DO NOT miss your dose time or you will be too! It is uncomfortable unlike what people say. I have young children at home so I couldn't be all drugged up everyday. Whatever you do just prepare yourself for the fact that you're SUPER swollen for some time after. I'm still extremely swollen! At my two week visit I had to have my incisions opened back up & she drained me. THAT WAS PAINFUL! About two days later the swelling was back in the same areas except much smaller. Still noticeable & sucks to not have a "flat" tummy yet. It's all a process & I know they say It takes months up to 6 for people to see the full result of it. Just prepared for that. That's the thing I'm mentally struggling with right now. I know it'll get better though. Just massage & wear the tightest garment you can find! However, the doctor did say my swelling & fluid was the worst she's seen so it could be just my luck! Lol Overall I would recommend it but I would personally never do it again! Good luck to all of you considering it!

3 weeks after photos

Keep in mind I'm still very swollen & the lines & indentions are from the garment.

3 1/2 weeks after procedure

10 weeks post op

Still swollen & very lumpy. Not happy at all!
Dr. Choy