Scar from Laser Burn on Face - Houston, TX

Having gone to a "medi-spa" for laser treatment on...

Having gone to a "medi-spa" for laser treatment on the face where the doctor was not qualified to do laser, I was left with immediate blisters that left deep redness and loss of pigmentation over the next few months. Over this time I went to several plastic surgeons who said they could do nothing until we could see the final scar and what we had to work with to see what could be done, if anything. It was a true test of patience. After 18 months, when it was going to be the final scar, I started trying to find someone who I was comfortable with their qualifications to do laser to help blend the scar, as I was told that would be what needed to be done. I knew it would take a specialist who had the proper training and experience in laser treatment. I started my search and found Dr. Paul M. Friedman here on realself. I could see how many people had unknowingly let some one who was not qualified do laser treatments on them at a "spa". I knew not only by the reviews, but by his numerous qualifications and certifications I had found the right doctor. I was so thankful he was here in Houston, he has a practice in New York too. I just had my fourth Fraxel Restore treatment. I can tell texture and color improvement each time, I know it will take several treatments for the end results. I am so pleased already and can't say enough how thankful I am to have found Dr. Friedman and his staff. He is always concerned about my comfort during treatment, pain level and always asks about how my healing was with the previous treatment. (They use a numbing cream and it stays on about an hour, so it is not uncomfortable at all, really.) Please go to him in the first place and you will be taken care of the way you should be, have beautiful results and avoid a very unpleasant experience. I know it could have been a lot worse and I am so sorry for those people who I saw on here that had devastating results. Thank you for letting me try to help someone avoid going through what I did.
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Friedman is a very qualified, knowledgeable and experienced doctor who is very professional, patient with questions and a genuinely caring person. His staff holds the same high standards that he does working together to give the very best patient care and results in a beautiful and comfortable surrounding.