Must Do for Preventative Treatment - Houston, TX

PDT takes some time, involves some pain, and...

PDT takes some time, involves some pain, and basically isn't fun... HOWEVER it is a must for many of us in the prevention of further skin cancer surgeries. After a series of squamous surgeries I have done a series of PDT treatments and since then no more surgeries. An added, unexpected perk is that after the procedure the skin is rejuvenated. My skin looked better and felt smoother. If you need it--do it!
Houston Dermatologist

Jennifer Peterson, MD is one of the few physicians in this area that is trained in and treats my particular skin disorder (DSAP). She is smart, compassionate and a great doctor--couldn't ask for more.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us.  How many treatments did have done?

Spread out over the course of the last few years I have had one each on my face and chest, and 2-3 on my arms and legs (they had more precancerous spots). I did take a valium on the second round and it really took edge off. Personally I felt the hardest part was scheduling so I could totally avoid all light for 2 days. The one time I got just the smallest bit of rays of sun on me (even with tons of sunscreen on) it was awful. Just stay away from windows and sun for 2 days and you should be fine.

Oh goodness, planning and timing at it's best:)