Not Quite What I Expected...- Houston, TX

I had a rhinoplasty in 2007 so I am going on my...

I had a rhinoplasty in 2007 so I am going on my sixth year now. I was quite satisfied with my nose for the first year and a half or so.. I have difficulty breathing in my right nostril ( I assume its due to a deviated septum) and the skin near the upper bridge of my nose has become discolored (reddish brown looking shadows on either side of the bridge of nose to the point it looks like I am bruised). I can't even cover it up with makeup anymore. I went to one doctor and he had told me it was a result of thin skin and that I would most likely need a skin graft. Others have told me it has nothing to do with the surgery which I find hard to believe since I never had this issue pre-op. I have made an appointment with a dermatologist to see if it is an issue completely separate of the surgery. At this point, I am extremely frustrated bc other than these two issues, I love my nose. I really dread having to go under the knife again but if it could solve these two issues, I would be forever grateful.

Sorry you're experiencing this discoloration. You might want to post this is a question to doctors (with a photo) in the Q&A community here. Good idea about the dermatologist. Please let us know what he or she says.

Oh I think I will! Thank you! Yes, I definitely will!
Dr. Henry Mentz

Referred to by a friend.