Rhinoplasty very poorly done Viera has deformed my nose - Houston, TX

My first rhinoplasty at 22 was a disaster. I...

My first rhinoplasty at 22 was a disaster. I acquired an infection from the procedure that ate away my cartilage leaving a large indentation in the dorsum of my nose.

Dr. Viera thought it was a skin contraction so “stimulated” it by jamming a needle in and out of my nose numerous times on 2 separate occasions. This caused excess scar tissue and caused my left nostril to contract leaving it deformed and there was no improvement with the dent. One month after my first surgery he wanted to fix the dent by “simply placing cartilage in it” and made it sound like it was not a big deal very easy to correct. I was too trusting and did not know at the time that he should have waited a year so I let him do it.

After the second surgery, my nose looked much worse. He had put entirely too much cartilage on one side of the dent and nothing on the other half, creating a raised bump in addition to the dent which gave the illusion of an even greater dent along with the prominent bump.

After this second surgery my nose then had: a contracted nostril (triangular shaped), very thickened scar tissue from these “stimulations” and the 2 previous surgeries, Dr. Viera removed too much tissue from the root of my nose giving me a very unnatural looking nose, and the prominent bump and dent.

Every day when I look into the mirror I hate myself for what has happened and just wish I could have my old nose back.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm so sorry you're unhappy with your results. Have you considered a revision with a very experience rhinoplasty revision surgeon?