Vi Peel is Not "Painless" Like They Claim! Houston, TX

I am 25 years old, I have never been pregnant, and...

I am 25 years old, I have never been pregnant, and have not taken birth control or any hormones for over 5 years. About one year ago I developed melasma out of nowhere. After numerous consults and research I had 2 Vi Peels done and they were awful. My face was infected and painful (see photos below) and I followed all of the instructions for post-peel care. After the first one, we went ahead with the second because they said I probably was allergic to the post peel protectant cream, but the same thing happened again when I didn't even use the cream the second time. I had no lightening of my melasma spots and now have a scar under my chin and in the corner of my mouth from where my skin cracked horribly from the peel. It is not gentle and painless like the ads say and I'm not a wimp about these things. I would never put my skin through that again. Especially since it was so expensive and I saw no results. I'm still trying to find the right treatment for me. The creams aren't working and I'm apprehensive about laser therapy. Hopefully there is something out there that can work for me. I know for a fact that Vi Peel is not that something!! - Also, recovery for me was 15 days both times, not the 5-7 that they claim! I am aware that everyone responds differently to these treatments, but I had to take time off work because it took so long to heal and I couldn't go in public like that. I would never do this peel again!!