Loving my Lap Band; Paid $10, 000.00 Houston, Texas. Dr. Reilly

I am at 5 weeks post surgery, loving it so far! ...

I am at 5 weeks post surgery, loving it so far! 31 days of liquid diet, no vomiting or nausea whatsoever! I have never been hungry at all. I paid cash, insurance wouldn't help at all, but I will not pay for any after care for a full year. Surgeon was great, staff was awesome, recovery very quick, stayed off work only a week. Only problem I had was after my 1st adjustment, two days later, I had difficulty in swallowing, I went back to Dr. & they moved me back to liquids for 2 days & I was good again. I'm very happy with it so far, losing & not hungry. Good luck to all of you & congratulations! I'm pushing 30 pounds lost so far! I do recommend!

Shelly, I am thinking about getting the lap band and I am in Pasadena. Can you give me any info on your expereince. I am a little scared of the throwing up part and food getting stuck.
Hi Shelly! How are you doing now? Im very curious, im going on my first appointment on monday, im wondering why your insurance didn't cover it? im nervous about that too, because i dont know if i can afford it myself. Can wait to hear back from you :) xoxo Sheyla
Doing very well thanks. My company changed insurance my 3rd month into it, I then got discouraged, then still wanted it so badly I went on with it, so I paid cash but all aftercare for 1st year included so, I wish you the best of luck. Where are you doing the surgery? When are you trying to get it?
Dr. Christopher Reilly