Getting my Sexy Back!!!!! - Houston, TX

I'm a 36 year old wife and mother of two with a...

I'm a 36 year old wife and mother of two with a goal to make 2014 about me and making the changes to my body I want. I have a very supportive husband who's looking forward to the benefits of my results. My surgery is scheduled for August 15th @ 12:30 pm. I will be getting an hourglass tummy tuck /lipo/flanks/back transfer to my hips. I'm extremely nervous about this procedure I have changed my mind so many time but hope I can share my journey with everyone.

I finally did it!

I had changed me mind so many times reading the reviews over and over again. I prayed about it and finally made the decision to go for it. I was a nervous wreck the day of the surgery. They actually called for me to come on early because Dr. Cortes was running ahead of schedule. I thought how can you run ahead. Is he rushing? I was his last surgery of the day at 4pm so I was scared to death thinking he ready to go on this Friday night my surgery would be 4 hours. Fast forward to my arrival to rhe hospital everyone at NW Houston was very friendly and I had maybe at 10 minute wait time, they were actually waiting on me although there was one small procedure right ahead he wanted to draw on both of us back to back. Considering I hadn't eaten since 11:00pm thr night before I was exhausted with a headache. They put tylenol in my IV to help with that I spoke with the nurse and then was out until after the surgery.

The night immediately after surgery

When I woke up it must have been 10 pm. I was told I was down 5 hours so I was worn out. I have to admit I had no pain at all. I was in the garment getting discharged. The hospital was an 45 miles away from my sisters house but I had no issues during that time. Once I arroved to my sisters house the drama began. I started having anxiety attacks and everything made me cry. I felt like my lungs were shuttung down as I tried to walk up stairs and after that refused to close my eyes in fear that I would not wake up. This was because I had read so many stories which I would not advise anyone to do because everyone different. I walked over and over to ensure that I wouldn't get any clots until 4am when they finally got me asleep.

Day 1 post op

I made it through the 1st night of surgery with no complications. When I looked in the mirroe I was swollen a lot and heavily bruised. I thought I was burnt but that was me being paranoid, I had no burns at all. It actually looked like I was larger which is normal. I still had no pain at all I only took the advil liquid gel as directed. I didn't need anything else. If you are getting a TT you will need some dressings I took a snapshop of what I had
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Cortes did exactly as I asked. I'm pleased with my results and very satisfied. The only thing was I had to drive to the Conroe office for a followup and he wasn't there but Deanna was great no complaints from me at this time