Right Decision for Me! - Houston, TX

I've worn glasses since my early twenties. I...

I've worn glasses since my early twenties. I decided to get it done in February 2010. Mann Eye was great from start to finish of the process. Everyone was awesome. The actual procedure only takes a few minutes. There was no pain... they flood your eyes with moisture and numbing drops. The day I had it done I went straight home and took a nap to give my eyes a rest. I could see perfectly from the minute I woke up. I had light sensitivity and "halo's" around light bulbs and lights at night for a few months after the procedure. I used wetting drops like crazy for a long time... your eyes get really dry.

I love being able too see clearly... I have 20/15 vision in both eyes. It was worth every penny!

Eye Checkup 10-04-13

3-1/2 years after my LASIK procedure I have experienced some light sensitivity in my left eye. Most notably indoors with screens (PC or Projector), so I decided I shoujld go in for an exam. Note that I haven't had an eye exam since my final follow up with Mann Eye after the surgery. I am happy to report that I still have great vission: 20/20 in my left eye and 20/15 in my right eye. The doc said the flaps are barely noticeable. The cause of the light sensitivity is seasonal allergies. Which I knew I have but never really thought about it affecting my eyes. The doc gave me some eye drops and off I went! I will start going in for my yearly eye exam "just-in-case" from now on. :)

I would like to say that everyone at Mann eye is very nice and it was a pleasure to have my exam there! I went to the Humble location today.

Typos!

Wow sorry! *should *vision. Oh, how I wish realself would let us edit! :)
Houston Ophthalmologist

Did some research on Lasik facilities in my area.

Hi, I am still researching and so afraid. Could you tell me who your doctor was? Are there any side effects?
Hi Nancy, Dr. Wright was the doctor who performed the procedure. I do believe you have a choice of doctors when you go in. Let me ease your mind, there is no reason to be afraid - the procedure itself only takes an hour from the time you get there until you are on your way home. They are very thorough in your examiniations prior to the procedure and there are 4-5 followup visits (all included in the price of the procedure) to make sure everything is going well. The side effects were light sensitivity and halos for the first 2-3 months following the procedure. Both have subsided completely at this point and I can say I do no miss my glasses at all!! You will have dry eyes for a while after the procedure, but easily remedied with wetting drops. I walked out of there with 20/15 vision!! I highly recommend Mann Eye.

Thank you for posting your review on this process.  Always love hearing about happy results:)