Love my Lap-Band - Houston, TX

I was 22, and had tried all RX diets..pills and...

I was 22, and had tried all RX diets..pills and shady weight-loss clinics..the gym only took 30 lbs and I busted butt. It came back, with a vengeance. I went to a weight loss seminar in 2003 and signed up for a consultation. The Band was not to long out of FDA trials, and I didn't want to do a surgery (by-pass) so young. My doctor told me, I'd only loose 50 of my 385. I thought "thats 50 more that I won't have". I exceeded his expectations and lost 114. I spoke in seminars to newbies. I had a fast recovery - in and out same day, driving around within 1 day. One thing I didn't think about in the long run was: excess skin. I wished I had planned far in advance for a reconstructive surgery due to cost. 9 years later, I got my tummy tuck and am satisfied. The fill process was tough at first: taking about a year to find my correct restriction.

Hadar Spivak, M.D.

I chose this doctor by accident..I just signed up for a weight-loss seminar. At the time, the insurance companies did not pay for fills. I paid 1000.00 additionally to have after-care for one year.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. Congratulations on your weight loss, that's a great achievement.

Are you now at your final goal weight, or are you still trying to lose?

I'm at my "done" weight. I've been here for 5 years. Just had my abdominalplasty and breast augmentation may and October!

Awesome, congrats! You've obviously worked hard at it! I'd love to see a before/after pic, if you have any you're comfortable sharing.

Did you have any complications with the Lap Band? I know a lot of people suffer from very bad acid reflux.