Down 140 Pounds - Houston, TX

I had Gastric Bypass surgery in June 2009. My...

I had Gastric Bypass surgery in June 2009. My doctor, who can be seen on Big Medicine, wanted me to lose some weight before the surgery to help shrink my liver a little and make surgery easier. I was on a liquid protein diet for about 3 months and lost 30 pounds. Then, I had the surgery. The results have been remarkable.

I have lost and managed to keep off for over a year 140 pounds. I go to the support group sessions at University General Hospital. Going to support group helps keep you on track. I have been over weight all my life. I weighed 150 pounds in 5th grade. I have been on every diet known to man. I have lost 100 pounds several times and then gained it all back.

My health was suffering. I had high blood pressure, sleep apnea, high/knee pain, plus more. I couldn't get around very well and was tired all the time. Having my Grandchildren over for the weekend made me SO tired that it took days to recover. I had a problem with my foot that didn't go away with medication and therapy. The doctor wanted me to have surgery were they would break my heel and move it over plus other stuff.

When I lost the weight, all of those problems went away. I am still on blood pressure meds, but only a fraction of what I was on before and the doctor continues to scale that down. I didn't have the surgery on my foot and it is fine now. I have more energy than I had when I was in my 30s. I feel and look great.

I would highly recommend this surgery. If you want to know more, come to our support group. The people who come have had several different surgeries and you can get an idea of the differences. It was well worth every penny that I spent. My experience was so positive that a colleague of mine recently had the surgery too after seeing my success.

You look GREAT! I'm scheduled Aug 10, can't wait :)
hey just 3 weeks post gastric surgery suffering tho with sickness and dizzyness on anti sickness patches which work when they kick in however wondering when its gonna pass ? or am I gonna have to live lick this forever HELP x
No, you can not have gastric bypass because you have to be at least 100 pounds overweight for that surgery. Probably all you need is a tummy tuck with some lipo.
Dr. Robert Davis

Dr. D is one of the best surgeons in the Houston area. From listening to the other people in my support group, everyone who has used him has had excellent results and been very pleased with this doctor. He was recommended to me by a friend who had the same surgery.