Fat Transfer to Cheeks - Houston, TX

I had lost about 40lbs and at 38 my face began to...

I had lost about 40lbs and at 38 my face began to droop, especially from the cheeks. When I smiled it looked ok but who wants to smile all the time? When I turned to the side my face had lost the heart shape and was now a flat line.

I went to one Plastic Surgeon and he used Radiesse. Ok but he said we needed to build on it. At $1000 a pop I was not willing to spend $10 k in a year - every year. My mom went to the same plastic surgeon who did a great job on her tummy tuck. He suggested fat transfer for her hollowed cheeks. Three months later, she looks great. So I decided to go in as well.

The doctor and his staff were wonderful and he went in to great detail about what would happen and afterwards. I hate needles so I knew this would not be fun. The day of the appointment I had a sinus infection so eventhough I was ready and taking up a spot, the doctor sent me home with a Rx. Love that he cared about my health over his $. Came back (his staff fit me in) and we again went over everything. He even had me bring in a pic of myself 10 years ago. He used this as a ref for where my face naturally held fat. He pointed out that fat is supposed to be on the sides of the cheek not just the apple. He was right.

It has only been 5 days and love it. Bruising only on stomach. Face has swollen cheeks but going down. Right after, I freaked out because my cheeks were huge! Bring large sunglasses to leave office. Now (5 days later)Kinda have betty Boop face. It took my mom 7 days to be "normal" so looking forward to that -will post later.

BTW I sleep on my back, drink lots of water, advil only 2 weeks before and after(everything else can cause bruising), avoid alcohol 2 weeks before and after, no smoking and avoid exercise for 3 days after. Of course my Dr. told me all of this.

Houston Plastic Surgeon

The only thing that could be better is his website. There are not any before and after photos. I honestly thought about not writing this article because I am afraid he will get overbooked.

it is my understanding that fat transfer is not permanent either...
Hi, texas tease, i am your age and having the same problem. Would you mind sending me a message as to how you are doing now? I am also in Houston and want to do this as well, but I'm very scared because of all the bad things I have read on here. I would love to know how things are going for you now..

Welcome to RealSelf, texastease! Thanks for writing such a helpful review of your experience.