Before and after fat injections pics, 25 Years Old , 2 children , Houston, TX (aesthetic surgery institute)

I decided to under go fat injections after...

I decided to under go fat injections after noticing I was aging far faster than peers my age. I noticed facial fat loss in my face and was mostly unhappy with my eye brows a lot of people always asked me if I was angrey. after extensive research and consults I settled for Dr. Phu Do, he was had the best reviews and for the price also had exceptional service. I went in for the consult and all of my questions/concerns where immediately answers by Angelic the office rep. Who sees you before you actually see the doctor. She was very knowledgable, easy to talk to and addressed all my areas of concerns, so I immediately knew this was going to be the doctor I would allow to do the fat transfer.
Two weeks after the consult I was scheduled to have my fat transfer to my whole face with the exception of my jaw line. The doctor had me take vitamins in preparation for the surgery and no food after mid night the night before.
On the actual day of my surgery I was a little nervous but had total confidence everything would turn out great so I tried not to worry. The doctor had a blood exam preformed and checked all my vitals. Then shortly after they gave me a pill to help relax me and injected me with some antibiotics and other medications in preparation for the surgery.
Then all I remember was waking up and feeling dizzy, my face felt really swollen it didn't hurt just felt really tight. My abdominal area was the part of my body that hurt the most due to the lipo. Other then that I felt fine. The staff and doctor was very attentive once I woke up from surgery they rechecked my vitals to make sure everything was still okay. I forgot to mention the surgery was on site it was skeptical at first but have to say I was impressed with the room that looked exactly like a hospital room. Everything was very clean and satirized also the anesthesiologist comes on sit the day if surgery. Because the surgery is insure it allows for the savings in cost.

3 months after fat transfer

A lot of the swelling is gone and I look like my self again only rested and refreshed!

After 3 months

So it's been a little over 3 months and as you can see much of the fat has reabsorbed and the swelling is completely gone. My face looks almost as before except refreshed and more rested. I would have to say the fat transfer survival rate was about 30% . I am planing on having one more transfer done in the near future just to get the results I really want
Houston General Surgeon

(Aesthetic surgery institute) Very knowledgeable very greatness experience best doctor ever!!!

If you go back for another procedure you should have some fat banked. I had some banked after a lipo to the love handles. The following year I had some used on my face. I still have some in the cryo bank and I don't have to harvest again if I want to use it for my face or hands. My doctor (John Pierce) in Tucson banked the tissue with AdiCyte.
Hello Everyone is this thread! Look what i found - I was calling to make an consultation with Dr. Do in Houstan (Dede1's doctor) and the receptionist said he is out of town doing a study/testing... she was NOT very professional at all so i decided to dig deeper - i found this online from TEXAS MEDICAL BOARD DISCIPLINES REPORT: http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/cleveland/news/article_0dadbe5b-40e3-561a-b0c9-a570135a2cf1.html
TEXAS MEDICAL BOARD REPORT: Do, Phu M., M.D., Lic. No. L2224, Houston On June 3, 2011, the Board and Phu M. Do, M.D., entered into an Agreed Order requiring Dr. Do to complete within one year eight hours of CME in risk management and pay an administrative penalty of $5,000 within 60 days. The Board found that Dr. Do did not timely address, in three surgeries respectively: a pre-operative matter; an intra-operative consult; and a post-operative documentation issue.
Now this doesn't mean he is not talented. I think i will stick to Board Certified Plastic Surgeons recognized by credible institutions that have years of study and experience and positive results from patients.
Hmm scary. BUT I have to say....a doc can have something like that but still be a good doctor, can't they? I say this because I had heard great things about Samuel Lam for fat (of course he lives insanely far away from me, in Texas or something like that) but then when I researched further found quite a few major complaints. Yet I still think he MUST be good at what he does because there are real people on this site praising him, and also he really seems to understand the importance of WHY and WHERE to do fat when I was reading some of his writings. I really liked how he explained it. Like, doctors are always lifting eyes and raising brows -- but this NEVER seems to result in a younger appearance in so many cases, because if you look at younger pics of so many people, the brows are actually lower but ROUNDER and go out more. For some reason docs for years have ignored this truth and just automatically (and rather stupidly) just lift the brow and call it a day. When looking prettier is often about filling OUT in the most minute and intricate areas, not lifting up. You can be a good surgeon but a CRAPPY artist and I just find this so annoying (well it's because I draw people, so I just don't get why a doctor would become a plastic surgeon and not understand this.) Or why do so many docs add a more youthful look to say the eyes but leave the lower face hanging (literally) and not realize that this only results in looking weird, not younger? What's the point? This is why fat could possibly be a great thing -- IF it works.....that's what I would worry about.
Hi Nadiahoney - I agree with you completely. I am still going to schedule a consul. I had another consul with a predominate specialist in the f/g world and he said not to do lower face as will make my jowls worst over time... ? he said ho mid face only. other doctors have agreed to do full face. I am very confused. i think we need to connect with woman who have had full face f/g for several years and ask them their opinion based on experience.... does anyone in this thread have sources?
I'm happy for u! U got a very reasonable price for your surgery and 30% has survived. I've read of pple whose fat completely reabsorbed before 2 months, but your dr did a good job.
How long does the transfer stay in affect? I have heard mixed answers? What did your doctor say... thanking you! I live in Austin; I am going to contact your doctors office to schedule appointment.
Hi, what was the volume that your dr transferred to your face? I think i had 24cc transferred, to cheeks temples and the area under the eyes. I'm wondering how much fat u transferred. Hiding at home now :(
When did you have your transfer? It takes weeks and even months to looks normal ..
Im not sure what the volume was. I just remember my face looked really huge at first and thinking to myself what in the world have I done?!!! My face looked completely different and swollen. It stayed that way for about two weeks I want to say. The first week the swelling was really bad, it's okay to feel worried I did but your face doesn't the way it looks initially. The swelling will go down!
@Dede1: Thanks so much for your reply and your reviews! I know what u mean, the first night when I came home I looked in the mirror and started crying. I was so scared I'd disfigured myself. Only on day 2 post-op and I know I'm swollen and alot will reabsorb, so I try to be calm. Thanks! And u have really beautiful eyes by the way.
@Lilah31: Thanks for your comment. I'm only 2 days post-op, I do know fat transfer can take weeks to look normal, but it's still scary to see yourself look so bloated. It's great that there's a community here where people can exchange advice. :)
Very true! I'm going for mine In a couple weeks and I'm so afraid :( I want it so bad but I'm chickening out already.. Almost ready to call and cancel
@Lilah: The dr may give u a marker to mark exactly where u want the volume. Then at least u'll know what to expect once the swelling goes down. Maybe u should avoid mirrors for the first 2 weeks, haha. Oh, also choose the liposuction spot carefully. My dr took the fat (not much though, about 30cc) from my right flank (the side of the abdomen, a bit above my hips), because my right side was a bit bigger than my left. Now my figure is more symmetrical and a bit nicer. So that's a little bonus.
Thanks for the tips :) I'm really nervous and I want a correction to where I used to be no over correction just incase.. It need be I'll continue going till my results are te eat I desire. I'm getting it taken from my lower abdomin , I just had baby number 3 and my upper and are back but no matter how hard I work the lowers are being stubborn and I have a little flub! So obviously that fat is a winner for staying lol:) I hope. Yeah avoiding mirrors may help;) but I'm sure I'll scare the kids lol haha
I'm autocorrect is crazy!!! Lol
Hi Dedi1 - how many weeks or months till you looked normal?
@DEDE1: what medication were you prescribed post procedure?
Hi started to look normal I would have to say about 3 weeks out much of the swelling had gone down and my face no longer looked bloated! But even then you will still see much of the fat continue to reabsorbe
I think I was prescribed Vicodin, I don't really remember because I didn't take buy it I didn't think I needed it the pain was not unbearable. I was also prescribe something for anxiety but I can't remember what that was called either because I didn't take it
@Lilah31: Wow it's shocking how much has changed in 2 days. Yesterday (day 3 post-op) I looked ok enough to have dinner with my parents. Today I went to the clinic for my post-op consultation and although my face is fuller and wider, I actually don't look at all freaky anymore. Actually I'm a bit worried about that, cos some pple who ended up with great results said they looked scary and cat-like for at least 1 wk. I hope I don't lose too much of this volume. The nice thing is that I think the fat injections improves the skin quality too. I only got 2 hrs sleep last night but my skin is glowing. :p I've heard that the stem cells in the fat has a rejuvenating effect on skin, so maybe that's the reason. I don't think u have to worry too much. It's up to u, but overcorrecting by 20% is actually safe because your body definitely reabsorbs that amount. My surgeon said the body keeps at most 70%. However if u can afford more treatments, I guess it's less scary to inject a smaller amount first. U will still scare ur kids on surgery day though, because the injections to administer the local anasthesia causes swelling and distortion :p
Oh I'm sure your results will be great:) some people heal quickly, I'm super nervous! Lol. My two oldest 5 and 2 will be with family for summer vacation for 1 week post op:) I will only have my 4 month old and I'm sure he will be fine with it. A year ago when I did fillers I was so swollen it was outright pitiful!!!!! I still got swollen like 2 weeks ago from where she places the filler too close to my tear duct! The whole year I would swell and go down! She told me it's not a allergic reaction, I went to my allergist and my eye doctor and it Is indeed an allergic reaction. That's why I'm opting for Fat...
Oh if your older kids are away for 1 week, it should be ok, u will no longer look scary when they return. Just a little chubby haha...Oh that's unlucky that u get allergic reactions to fillers, I actually react well to fillers, not much swelling and it looks good immediately. The problem is that it's so expensive over time. I have a high metabolism--which is usually a gd thing--but my body metabolises the fillers really fast and they're gone in 4 months, then I need another injection. If our fat graft operations are successful, we can both save lots of money. :)
Yes we can:) sure they will be! I'm seeing a facial reconstructive surgeon ... Are you seeing just a plastic surgeon?