Before and after fat injections pics, 25 Years Old , 2 children , Houston, TX (aesthetic surgery institute)

I decided to under go fat injections after...

I decided to under go fat injections after noticing I was aging far faster than peers my age. I noticed facial fat loss in my face and was mostly unhappy with my eye brows a lot of people always asked me if I was angrey. after extensive research and consults I settled for Dr. Phu Do, he was had the best reviews and for the price also had exceptional service. I went in for the consult and all of my questions/concerns where immediately answers by Angelic the office rep. Who sees you before you actually see the doctor. She was very knowledgable, easy to talk to and addressed all my areas of concerns, so I immediately knew this was going to be the doctor I would allow to do the fat transfer.
Two weeks after the consult I was scheduled to have my fat transfer to my whole face with the exception of my jaw line. The doctor had me take vitamins in preparation for the surgery and no food after mid night the night before.
On the actual day of my surgery I was a little nervous but had total confidence everything would turn out great so I tried not to worry. The doctor had a blood exam preformed and checked all my vitals. Then shortly after they gave me a pill to help relax me and injected me with some antibiotics and other medications in preparation for the surgery.
Then all I remember was waking up and feeling dizzy, my face felt really swollen it didn't hurt just felt really tight. My abdominal area was the part of my body that hurt the most due to the lipo. Other then that I felt fine. The staff and doctor was very attentive once I woke up from surgery they rechecked my vitals to make sure everything was still okay. I forgot to mention the surgery was on site it was skeptical at first but have to say I was impressed with the room that looked exactly like a hospital room. Everything was very clean and satirized also the anesthesiologist comes on sit the day if surgery. Because the surgery is insure it allows for the savings in cost.

3 months after fat transfer

A lot of the swelling is gone and I look like my self again only rested and refreshed!

After 3 months

So it's been a little over 3 months and as you can see much of the fat has reabsorbed and the swelling is completely gone. My face looks almost as before except refreshed and more rested. I would have to say the fat transfer survival rate was about 30% . I am planing on having one more transfer done in the near future just to get the results I really want

Al little over 4 months

A little over 4 months and I still love my results! No one even notices I had anything ever done , all my friends I haven't seen in a few months just say that my skin really cleared up and that I look great. I'm am so glad I had my fat transfer done I love how I look now and that's what counts
Houston General Surgeon

(Aesthetic surgery institute) Very knowledgeable very greatness experience best doctor ever!!!

You look amazing!
Leslie Thank you very much!
You look fantastic - natural and health! and of course GORGEOUS. I will contact Dr. Do and travel to Houston from Austin for a consultation. The quotations I am getting from other f/g specialist are ranging from $5,000 - 6,500 (full face).
If you go back for another procedure you should have some fat banked. I had some banked after a lipo to the love handles. The following year I had some used on my face. I still have some in the cryo bank and I don't have to harvest again if I want to use it for my face or hands. My doctor (John Pierce) in Tucson banked the tissue with AdiCyte.
Hello Everyone is this thread! Look what i found - I was calling to make an consultation with Dr. Do in Houstan (Dede1's doctor) and the receptionist said he is out of town doing a study/testing... she was NOT very professional at all so i decided to dig deeper - i found this online from TEXAS MEDICAL BOARD DISCIPLINES REPORT: http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/cleveland/news/article_0dadbe5b-40e3-561a-b0c9-a570135a2cf1.html
TEXAS MEDICAL BOARD REPORT: Do, Phu M., M.D., Lic. No. L2224, Houston On June 3, 2011, the Board and Phu M. Do, M.D., entered into an Agreed Order requiring Dr. Do to complete within one year eight hours of CME in risk management and pay an administrative penalty of $5,000 within 60 days. The Board found that Dr. Do did not timely address, in three surgeries respectively: a pre-operative matter; an intra-operative consult; and a post-operative documentation issue.
Now this doesn't mean he is not talented. I think i will stick to Board Certified Plastic Surgeons recognized by credible institutions that have years of study and experience and positive results from patients.
Hmm scary. BUT I have to say....a doc can have something like that but still be a good doctor, can't they? I say this because I had heard great things about Samuel Lam for fat (of course he lives insanely far away from me, in Texas or something like that) but then when I researched further found quite a few major complaints. Yet I still think he MUST be good at what he does because there are real people on this site praising him, and also he really seems to understand the importance of WHY and WHERE to do fat when I was reading some of his writings. I really liked how he explained it. Like, doctors are always lifting eyes and raising brows -- but this NEVER seems to result in a younger appearance in so many cases, because if you look at younger pics of so many people, the brows are actually lower but ROUNDER and go out more. For some reason docs for years have ignored this truth and just automatically (and rather stupidly) just lift the brow and call it a day. When looking prettier is often about filling OUT in the most minute and intricate areas, not lifting up. You can be a good surgeon but a CRAPPY artist and I just find this so annoying (well it's because I draw people, so I just don't get why a doctor would become a plastic surgeon and not understand this.) Or why do so many docs add a more youthful look to say the eyes but leave the lower face hanging (literally) and not realize that this only results in looking weird, not younger? What's the point? This is why fat could possibly be a great thing -- IF it works.....that's what I would worry about.
Hi Nadiahoney - I agree with you completely. I am still going to schedule a consul. I had another consul with a predominate specialist in the f/g world and he said not to do lower face as will make my jowls worst over time... ? he said ho mid face only. other doctors have agreed to do full face. I am very confused. i think we need to connect with woman who have had full face f/g for several years and ask them their opinion based on experience.... does anyone in this thread have sources?
Yes Amy34827 I too want to know how the fat will go after several years -- I mean, if you have fat that you would not have had naturally, then can your bone structure support it or will it look all wrong as you get older and sag WORSE since it is more than you are meant to have? Like, let's say I get fat added to the mid face. Then I may put on five pounds. Will I get bloat face, will it age me MORE? Will it sag worse since it is in fact excess fat in my face that shouldn't be there to begin with? I wish there were people to comment upon this!
Yes to all the above in my case... if you look at Lara Flynn Boyle, that to me is a good example of a fat graft gone bad years down the road. As you age you lose bone too so if you have an old fat graft that's been put ontop of bone structure that is no longer there then it'll probably just sag? Our faces change and the areas where fillers need to go will change with time... fat grafting stays as a big old lump. I am surprised that doctors are doing fat - they used to say that silicone injections were bad because they stayed the same and dropped while the soft tissue changed and aged around them. Also, fat grafting means adding weight to your muscles and soft tissue... they usually don't show pics of what the fat grafting looks like 3 or 4 years out. Mine went "sloppy" and sludgy looking. Another problem - body fat can turn into hard scar over time or clump together... that happened to me too. If I press on areas of my face it squeaks! FInally, it's very heavy as a substance. It feels like a deadweight inside my face. My conclusion is that fat from the body should NEVER be used above the chin... ever! It's biologically too different and much thicker and heavier than facial fat, whereas at least the temporary fillers have been engineered to look as good as possible (when injected well). With fat, you don't know what you're getting... if they use a thick, heavy fat on your body from a "stubborn" area then that could be reflected in your face. Unless you are thick skinned and heavy set with an exceptionally strong bone structure I don't think fat is the right filler. It can be a disaster on small framed and small boned people.
By the way I should add (because this is Dede's thread) that this will not necessarily happen to her, but it really happens a lot more than is documented. Part of the problem is that you just don't know what your own fat will do in the future, or how it will respond etc.
Thank u for explaining this as I suspect this makes a lot of sense. I am small boned and naturally thin -- I just KNOW this would happen to me, damn....guess I am stuck doing temporary:( Can the person who did fat and it's in there lose it somehow? I mean is there any way to make it go DOWN?
Oh God! I check Lara Flynn Boyle picture - horrible! Her lips are destroyed! Your doctor is Mark Glasgold in NJ? What is your doctor saying about the outcome?
I do agree having a fat transfer, especially to your face is a very big decision! It is a risk you under go when your having any type of surgery. Thankfully I had no problems I love my results and can only speak from my personal experience and from what I saw and under went. I loved my doctor did not have any problems nor before or after the surgery. There for I would absolutely go again. Again wish to say fat transfer is not for all. Especially because yes fat is very unpredictable, some May or may not service and everyone's experience will be completely diffrent! there for if there is so much worry about how you will end up then I need to suggests fat transfer is not for you. I would recommend sticking to fillers and other temporary solutions. Also every doctor even business commit mistakes some minor infractions, as for my doctor he is license and a good surgen I can vouch for that through my personal experience I am a normal person not affiliated with the surgery center and am speaking through my own experience.
There is a book out there that has a lot to say about fat transfer and doctors...it's called cosmetic surgery and lying, deceitful, doctors: what the wont tell you about plastic surgery by Kimberly gavondrich
Grace, I saw your notification - I bought that book and read it. Was it by a member here on Realself? I found it VERY interesting and very true!
I'm happy for u! U got a very reasonable price for your surgery and 30% has survived. I've read of pple whose fat completely reabsorbed before 2 months, but your dr did a good job.
How long does the transfer stay in affect? I have heard mixed answers? What did your doctor say... thanking you! I live in Austin; I am going to contact your doctors office to schedule appointment.
Hi, what was the volume that your dr transferred to your face? I think i had 24cc transferred, to cheeks temples and the area under the eyes. I'm wondering how much fat u transferred. Hiding at home now :(
When did you have your transfer? It takes weeks and even months to looks normal ..
Im not sure what the volume was. I just remember my face looked really huge at first and thinking to myself what in the world have I done?!!! My face looked completely different and swollen. It stayed that way for about two weeks I want to say. The first week the swelling was really bad, it's okay to feel worried I did but your face doesn't the way it looks initially. The swelling will go down!
@Dede1: Thanks so much for your reply and your reviews! I know what u mean, the first night when I came home I looked in the mirror and started crying. I was so scared I'd disfigured myself. Only on day 2 post-op and I know I'm swollen and alot will reabsorb, so I try to be calm. Thanks! And u have really beautiful eyes by the way.
@Lilah31: Thanks for your comment. I'm only 2 days post-op, I do know fat transfer can take weeks to look normal, but it's still scary to see yourself look so bloated. It's great that there's a community here where people can exchange advice. :)