Upper Eyelids - SO Happy with the Results! - Houston, TX

This is something I've wanted to do since my mid...

This is something I've wanted to do since my mid 30s (I'm 47 now). I have quite a few family members on both sides who have droopy eyelids, and by my mid 30s I started seeing the same thing. By my 40s, I didn't look the same in pictures. My eyelids weighed down my eyes so much I couldn't wear makeup, my peripheral vision was being affected, and my lids would even sweat in the Houston heat. It also made me feel "tired" and less perky.

I spent years researching the procedure and interviewing doctors, but I held off because I wasn't quite sure I wanted to do something so drastic and risky. Last summer I met with an oculoplastic surgeon here in Houston, and after meeting with him, I made the decision to schedule the surgery. Once I did that, I spend hours on this site researching, reading reviews, and looking at before and after pictures.

My procedure was on December 19, 2012 and I took two weeks off over the holidays to heal and hopefully get rid of my bruising and swelling before I went back to work. I was all prepared. I had my bags of frozen peas, my arnica pills and cream, a recliner, and a neighbor to take me to and from the surgeon's office.

The procedure itself was completely painless, which amazed me. I had it done with a local anesthetic, and the doctor and his assistant made the whole thing very comfortable for me. Afterwards, my neighbor drove me home and I hung out on a recliner for 3 or 4 days. There was a tiny bit of post-surgery aching, but that lasted an hour and didn't even warrant getting up off the recliner to get my Tylenol. I reclined back with ice packs on my eyes, and slept there at night as well. The worst of my swelling started around day 2 and lasted until about day 4. After that the swelling was gone and the bruising set in. The bruising didn't bother me too much, as I knew what to expect. I used warm compresses as much as possible, which may or may not have helped. I really couldn't tell. By the time I got back to work on January 7, the bruising was down enough where I could cover the remainder up with makeup.

Since then, my eyes have healed, the bruising is gone, and I'm ECSTATIC with the results. I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect outcome. Last weekend I went to Sephora and dropped $100 on new eye makeup. My eyes look younger, more refreshed, and best of all I don't have to use my forehead muscles to hold my eyelids up any more. Consequently, the wrinkles I was getting because of doing that have softened a bit.

In closing, I recommend using an oculoplastic surgeon for this procedure if you can find one. Please feel free to private message with if you have any other questions.

Houston Oculoplastic Surgeon

I had my initial consultation with Dr. Soparkar and his assistant Wanda 5 months before my scheduled surgery. They both spent a good amount of time with me answering questions, and explaining the procedure step-by-step. His assistant had recently had the same procedure, so she provided some great information. Based on this doctor's experience, education, and knowledge, I decided to get the procedure done after we met, even though I had been on the fence about it for years. I felt very confident that I would get a positive outcome.