Dermaplanning Review - Houston, TX

Dermaplanning was done by the aesthetician at this...

Dermaplanning was done by the aesthetician at this doctor's office and she ruined my face. This procedure is suppose to be a procedure with no down time. At the time I noticed the bleeding/redness, but it was downplayed. Woke up the next morning with deep cuts ALL over my face (24 cuts total). Apparently she went into too deep with the blade. I am so upset and in tears. Please pick someone who is experienced with this procedure. Unfortunately I will be spending more money to correct all the scarring.

This is an update: Dermaplanning was done by the...

This is an update: Dermaplanning was done by the aesthetician at this doctor's office one week ago and there are still some red marks on my face. Please understand this procedure may have down time no matter how it is advertised. I was later informed the redness and scrapes are part of the healing process (I really wished this was explained to me prior or that I was consented prior to the procedure). I have been given dermal repair by the office staff and currently working with Dr. K to hopefully clear up those few scraped areas left behind. Overall I feel this doctor has a genuine concern for his patients and will do his best to address the issues brought to him.
Robert Kratschmer, MD

I used to have dermaplaining along with my facials at a plastic surgeons office. The aesthetician had been there for thirty years. I never had a result like you have described. But, that lady has retired and I wouldn't trust the procedure to anyone else, it's a technique that takes a lot of practice!!

I am sorry you had this experience with this procedure.   Thank you for sharing with RealSelf.