Damon Braces for $7,200...am I Overpaying?

Okay, so today I went to an orthodontist today...

Okay, so today I went to an orthodontist today that provides Damon braces. I've done my research and those are the type of braces I would like to have. Unfortunately, I was quoted at $7,200! My question to you all is, am I being overcharged? I have no crowding or anything of that sort. My teeth are just slightly crooked and I will be paying out of pocket because my dental insurance will not cover it. I live in Texas and her price is way above the average price. I will be going to another orthodontist that provides Damon braces to get a quote. Please let me know what you think and what you paid for your Damon braces, thanks.

Hi!

Damon braces are generally priced about the same as Invisalign (in other words, more than regular braces.)  I was unable to see a real cost map of Damon for some reason, but if you look at Invisalign, you'll get a great ballpark.  I paid about that much for my Invisalign, in the San Francisco Bay Area (which is the most expensive place in the country, generally.)  I was surprised to see that price in Texas, but there is always a distribution.  When the quote you get is too high, it's always a great option to get another quote.  Most places give free quotes, but even paying another $50 would be preferable to paying $2000 more.

I hope you'll check back in with us and let us know if you find a better price.  If not, it's possible that you have some issues that are not crookedness but that are difficult to fix.  But I'm guessing you'll find a lower price elsewhere :).  Good luck!
Okay, so I looked at the Invisalign cost map in my area to get a ballpark of the Damon braces and guess what? Invisalign is $1,000 to $3,300 cheaper! I will definitely be looking around before I make a decision. I'll keep you updated. ;)
:D.  Thank you!
Omg yes that is over priced! Go get other recommendations.
Yeah, I thought so too. I am new to this site and was blown away on how much others here have paid. Don't get me wrong, I really like the orthodontist and the office was gorgeous...which is probably why I'm getting an outrageous quote to pay for the rent and amenities but I just can't afford to pay that much when it's all coming out of pocket. I was expecting to pay on average between $4,500-$6,000, but not the quote I received. I guess I'll have to get a second opinion on a quote for Damon braces. :(