Chin Implant Too Big and Pointy - Houston, TX

I had my nose surgery and my chin implant 17 days...

I had my nose surgery and my chin implant 17 days ago but I'm unhappy with the results. The Dr told he put a large implant now i see a big and pointy chin i told him i want it to be remove but he said he is going to put a m size. Is there a big difference between? Because i don't want a front change

Big chin

Sept. 12 2013 I have the appointment for my nose and chin implant and my Dr. Told me he is going to put a medium size is there a big difference between L and M size. Since I don't want a change in my front just little improvement I don't know if M size still is going to make a difference in may face that's is why I prefer to remove it. And I would like to know if my Dr remove it how long is going to take for my sensation and my numb lip is going to be normal?

Nervous

I'm so nervous about my chin implant revision on Thursday 12 my chin implant is too big for me I found out that is XL size and I'm so disappointed with the results I never talked with my dr about the size and now I assumed my responsibility for not asking. But my Dr. Says he recommend me a M size since I told him I don't want a change in my front just a little improvement in my profile but I'm not sure what to do if remove it or M size ? I had a really weak chin now it's too big so I don't know. Can someone told me how many mm is M size and if the M size made a noticeable change from front.

Big chin

did u end up removing it? did ur smile go back to normal?
I'm on my 2nd week post op now and I also feel that it's too big and pointy. I hope this is only because of swelling and will resolve in the next few weeks coz I don't want to experience down time again if revision is needed.
At 2 weeks you are def swollen... Takes several months to completely go down.... Do you have any pics?
Kyle, would you mind sharing your story along with before and after shots?
To jjj and RH, I'll try to figure out where to upload my pics but here's my story: I undergone with the surgery using local anesthesia and I was awake the whole time of the procedure. It only took about 45 min to finish the procedure and right after that, my PS pass the mirror on me and honestly I don't like the shape of my chin that time. But since it was wrapped with surgical tape, I just feel that maybe this isn't the final results yet. 3-5 days after, my face is swelling and had slight bruising in the chin area. 6th day, I noticed majority of the swelling has resolved and no visible bruising. On 7th day, I contacted my PS not to come to his clinic since majority of stitch has dissolved except for the 'knot' part of the stitch which I removed myself. Honestly, I was depressed these past few days because I don't really like the way I look. It looks good on side view but in frontal view I look horrible. My face looks longer and I feel that my face is shaped like crescent moon. To be exact I'm on my 13th day now but I look far way better than last week so I guess I should give it more time for now!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Dude you look great in your pics especially for one week out! Are you kidding me!!! I didn't look that good until month 3!!!
Haha, you have no idea how I look on some angles, it's really awkward. Even my brother told me that it's too big for me. But like I said I feel better today compared last week. Can't wait to see my final results. But thanks for your comment, I feel more positive on my results.
I think you look great! I am 5 months post op, had a large put in, and the swelling was still there after 3 months... My recommendation is give it some time... At least 4 months. Your mind is playing tricks on you because you have been looking at yourself in the mirror all of your life and now all of a sudden u look different. My surgeon told me it takes about 6 weeks for your brain to adjust to the change in the way you look... And to be honest, it was right around the 6 month mark that I wasn't obsessing over my face anymore. I think your results look amazing for 3 weeks out. I can post more pictures of myself throughout the weeks so you can see the progress... It's amazing how much swelling is still thee at 3 weeks.
Meant to say 6 week mark, not month
I would like to see some more if yoy dont mind. Im about 2 weeks out but my swelling is a little uneven. Im a bit nervous but im nor making any final judgements yet! Your input here makes me feel better!
If I was you I would be trilled with your results.. Your nose looks awesome too. Your profile is perfect!!! I am honestly baffled by your complaints. You look so beautiful. Can you tell me who your doctor was? I am looking for chin implant and nose revision surgery.
to the op I think you look fantastic, there is nothing wrong with your chin, I suggest you give it time to adjust to your new look being trying to "fix" it. You look fantastic. A huge improvement from where you were. I wish I knew who your doctor was, because I would go to him/her.
I had a chin implant put over 7 weeks ago and it was to large and started to deform (it was in crooked, and I was getting a deep indentation on the top of the implant). Mine was a M and I asked for a small, but they said there would be no visible difference. So I just it removed at 5 weeks. So it has been a little over two weeks since I had it removed. I actually have scar tissue from the chin implant that looks like a smaller version of the implant I had. I am happy enough with just the scar tissue right now. But the scar tissue is not perfect because it was in crooked. I asked the my Dr. if the scar tissue would go away and he told me it would never go away. Told me to massage the imperfections in the scar tissue. But am very numb and can barely close my mouth right now. Hope I will heal properly.
I had my implant removed six weeks ago because everyone said I looked weird. Now I don't know what to think when I see my face. As you mentioned the scar tissue has created some augmentation, but I just can't get comfortable with my face. How are you doing?
Hi!! I'm doing great last week i had a nose surgery and chin implant revisión today is the 6 day I'm doing good i look much better with the m size my my líps are the same as before and there is no difference from front. Only my ugly smile but i guess i have to wait at least 2 months like a said is only being 6 days since my revisión and everything Looks pretty. Thanks everybody for your support
I don't regret removing it...but I myself regret getting it. I had some of my friends say they really liked it but I did not. When it started distorting my chin and I found out if was crooked and the office was not flexible enough to work with me to put in a smaller one, I just decided to remove it. I think the scar tissue along with my mentalis muscle is what was distorting my chin implant. Enen with it out I still have a deep crease at the top of where the chin implant was, which I think is scar tissue or the way the surgeon sutured me. But can not close my mouth yet and one side of my lip is crooked. I think my Dr. resuspended my muscle to tight.
Sorry to hear about your stress. It is a bit early still so give it some time. you'll be surprised how different it appears in a month or so. That being said I get the impression you have a standard anatomical implant without lateral extensions. I can't say for sure but you may ask your surgeon about the type and size of the implant. It's still early so try not to stress too much and be patient. Dr. Chase Lay
I went today to my Dr. Office and he show me the implants sizes I was very surprised what he put on me it is XL and is silicon and we discuss with me everything. For him is the perfect one he says it give me a good proyection but for me is too big. So he says the medium size but I still have to decide if the M or remove it. The only thing I'm sure that there is a big difference between M&XL size Monday I have to call and let the Dr know my final decision because on Thursday I have the revision for my nose and chin.
My original smile never came back....Im hoping it will after I remove it.
Can anyone tell me about the smile even with the small or medium size. After 3 weeks my horrible :-( If I remove it how long is going to take for my smile come back?
With a medium my smile was strange for about a week. It still felt tight after about 2 weeks but didnt look bad. i am now one month post op and my smile is about 97% back to normal.
I got a medium and i am happy with my size it didnt change the front to much and i love how i look from the side now. Not to big but not to small i am almost one month post op and i hated it at first but that was due to numbness which is gone now. Talk with your PS and ask about different sizes like i side i got a medium and i love it.
Did your lips change? Does it feel tight because my feel really tight I don't know if it is because is too big