Recovery Longer Than Expected, but Great Results!!! - Houston, TX

I had the cellulaze treatment on July 11, 2012 in...

I had the cellulaze treatment on July 11, 2012 in Houston, TX. I was initially told the recovery time would be 3 days and I would be able to return to work. NOT TRUE!!!! I had to take off for 3 1/2 weeks to recover from this procedure. I had the inner and back of thighs done on both legs which resulted in 4 small incisions for each leg. It was extremely difficult to sit and walk during the 3 week period. I am continuing to apply Arnica gel twice daily. I also took Arnica tablets for 4 weeks. It has been approximately 12 weeks since the procedure and I have no visible signs of cellulite in the treated areas!! My legs look great!! However, there are dark shadowy spots on the front and back of my legs and some bruising. In addition, I can feel small "knots" and frequent "itchy" sensation under my skin. I massage those areas very lightly which helps to relieve the pain. My doctor advised that I could discontinue wearing the compression garment at 10 weeks, but I have continued to wear the compression garment for the entire 12 weeks. I believe the compression garment aided in the reduction of cellulite and smooth appearance of my skin. I would definitely recommend the Cellulaze treatment to others, but would advise them to be prepared to take off more than 3 days to heal if you have multiple areas treated at one time.

SGK Plastic Surgery

This provider was selected based on my review and research on Cellulaze via Internet and other medical news publications which identified my physician's expertise in plastic surgery.

I also had the treatment done 12 days ago. I'm surprised that you had to take 31/2 weeks of work to recover. what do you do for a living? I'm an attorney and I went back to work after 4 days. It is difficult to sit down and to stand up and I walk quite slow but its not painful - just like I had a very intense workout. I had my inner and outer thighs, front and back thighs and butt. Did you do massage? I find the massage helps a lot? I think you are right about the compression garment - its very important for good results.
I am an attorney too and only took off the day of the procedure (obviously) and the next day, so I am equally confused. I was also only told to wear the garment for 2 weeks. Something sounds a little off....
Thank you for your post. I'm happy to hear you're doing well. I've read, depending on the person, recovery can take longer for some and quicker for others. I'm scheduled for Nov 26 and have my mind set to a quicker recovery! Mind over matter, crossing fingers. I've got the recommended homeopathic pills, gels, creams and such so I hope those will also help to speed up the recovery process. I'm looking forward to reading your updates.

Wow, that's a lot of down time! Thanks for sharing your experience. We'd love to see your before and after photos.